Hurray for justice!

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Hurray for justice!

SAN FRANCISCO - Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger refused to spare the life of Stanley Tookie Williams, the founder of the murderous Crips gang who awaited execution early Tuesday in a case that stirred debate over capital punishment and the possibility of redemption on death row. Williams, 51, is set to die by injection at San Quentin State Prison after midnight for murdering four people in two 1979 holdups.

Hollywood stars and death penalty opponents mounted a campaign to save his life, making him one of the nation's biggest death-row cause celebres in decades. His supporters argued that the founder of the murderous Crips gang had made amends during more than two decades in prison by writing a memoir and children's books about the dangers of gangs.

Prosecutors and victims' advocates contended Williams was undeserving of clemency from the governor because he did not own up to his crimes and refused to inform on fellow gang members. They also argued that the Crips gang that Williams co-founded in Los Angeles in 1971 is responsible for hundreds of deaths, many of them in battles with the rival Bloods for turf and control of the drug trade.

Williams stands to become the 12th California condemned inmate executed since lawmakers reinstated the death penalty in 1977 after a brief hiatus.

Williams was condemned in 1981 for gunning down a clerk in a convenience store holdup and a mother, father and daughter in a motel robbery weeks later. Williams claimed he was innocent.

The last time a California governor granted clemency was in 1967, when Ronald Reagan spared a mentally infirm killer.Schwarzenegger _ a Republican who has come under fire from members of his own party as too accommodating to liberals _ rejected clemency twice before during his two years in office.

Less than 12 hours before the execution was set to take place, the 9th U.S. Circuit of Appeals said it would not intervene because, among other things, there was no "clear and convincing evidence of actual innocence."

In his last-ditch appeal, Williams claimed that he should have been allowed to argue at his trial that someone else killed one of the four victims, and that shoddy forensics connected him to the other killings.

Williams was convicted of killing Yen-I Yang, 76, Tsai-Shai Chen Yang, 63, and Yu-Chin Yang Lin, 43, at a Los Angeles motel the family owned, and Albert Owens, 26, a 7-Eleven clerk gunned down in Whittier.

Among the celebrities who took up Williams' cause were Jamie Foxx, who played the gang leader in a cable movie about Williams; rapper Snoop Dogg, himself a former Crip; Sister Helen Prejean, the nun depicted in "Dead Man Walking"; Bianca Jagger; and former "M A S H" star Mike Farrell. During Williams' 24 years on death row, a Swiss legislator, college professors and others nominated him for the Nobel Prizes in peace and literature.

"If Stanley Williams does not merit clemency," defense attorney Peter Fleming Jr. asked, "what meaning does clemency retain in this state?"

The impending execution resulted in feverish preparations over the weekend by those on both sides of the debate, with the California Highway Patrol planning to tighten security outside the prison, where hundreds of protesters were expected.

A group of about three dozen death penalty protesters were joined by the Rev. Jesse Jackson as they marched across the Golden Gate Bridge after dawn Monday en route to the gates of San Quentin, where they were expected to rally with hundreds of people.

At least publicly, the person apparently least occupied with his fate seemed to be Williams himself.

"Me fearing what I'm facing, what possible good is it going to do for me? How is that going to benefit me?" Williams said in a recent interview. "If it's my time to be executed, what's all the ranting and raving going to do?"

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/12/12/D8EETVQG0.html

However the wonderful Jesse Jackson is back on track...he sure does like to start "Race Riots"...without them he has no base! :dev2:

See, this is what I like about Georgia. If something like this happens, and there are riots, the general public would put them down pretty quick. As soon as the wrong door got kicked down or the wrong window broken, you'd hear a series loud bangs, and about half the time, a guy would walk out with his gun to check his grouping. And people say guns just leads to more violence. HAH!!

Mr. P said:
No doubt the riots will begin about 12:15P.

but the planning has already begun I bet. Gotta get all situated to loot your favorite store. :2guns:
and heck--lets just burn down the hood too! That's always a fun thing to do around this time of year!

dilloduck said:
but the planning has already begun I bet. Gotta get all situated to loot your favorite store. :2guns:
and heck--lets just burn down the hood too! That's always a fun thing to do around this time of year!
That's a sure bet.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Tookie pot pie anyone???

Should I be laughing?

Sorry if I offended anyone, I couldn't resist.

only the 'Turkey's" would be offended!

dilloduck said:

I love their motto "NO justice no peace" really very telling

The Left is making a big stink in the media about KILLING a convicted murderer four times over. They act as though KILLING such a horrible murderer is just too horrible.

YET....

They don't worry about the KILLING of the victims
They don't worry about the KILLING of unborn babies
They don't worry about the KILLING of disabled people
They don't worry about the KILLING of innocents by terrorists

Which deserves to die the most? I'd say the convicted murderer wins hands down.

The Left is so demented. Or do they just love KILLING and therefore love murderers?

Hobbit said:
See, this is what I like about Georgia. If something like this happens, and there are riots, the general public would put them down pretty quick. As soon as the wrong door got kicked down or the wrong window broken, you'd hear a series loud bangs, and about half the time, a guy would walk out with his gun to check his grouping. And people say gun control just leads to more violence. HAH!!

how is this for funny.....they voted to outlaw guns in sf...tookie is being wacked just across the bay....we may be a red state before morning

You know,, Tookie could have been converted.. Maybe he did get rehabbed in the can. One local talk show dweeb made an interesting point,, " a poll taken of a random group of teens indicates that Tookies message was not heard as they had no idea who Tookie Williams is." True or not,, it provides doubt on the other side too. I think Arnold is in a tough place no matter what he does/did with regard to this issue...

But,, as I have seen visiting folks in the slam,,,, sometimes it is the people who are "visiting" a prison that you really have to worry about.. In this case, Tookie ain't going anywhere (for a little while anyhow GRHS) so he isn't a concern,,, but the likes of Snoop Dog are still on the outside.. He can make all of the commercials he wants with Iaccoca,,, I don't think very much of him,, and Jammie Fox,,,.. Makes one decent? movie and the world has too take him seriously???
Hey Jammie, go put on some lipstick and rock Tooky's world one more time....

We know of at least three definite people murdered by this man,, one is questionable.. But realisticaly,, does anyone actually believe that the number isn't greater??? He probably killed more than that before the Crips was created.. How many did he have killed, indirectly, just by tapping a table top, or making a phone call??? That whole thing about the gangs is about power. Teleporting death by use of a gang is what it is all about...

So be it..

Working Man said:
You know,, Tookie could have been converted.. Maybe he did get rehabbed in the can. One local talk show dweeb made an interesting point,, " a poll taken of a random group of teens indicates that Tookies message was not heard as they had no idea who Tookie Williams is." True or not,, it provides doubt on the other side too. I think Arnold is in a tough place no matter what he does/did with regard to this issue...

But,, as I have seen visiting folks in the slam,,,, sometimes it is the people who are "visiting" a prison that you really have to worry about.. In this case, Tookie ain't going anywhere (for a little while anyhow GRHS) so he isn't a concern,,, but the likes of Snoop Dog are still on the outside.. He can make all of the commercials he wants with Iaccoca,,, I don't think very much of him,, and Jammie Fox,,,.. Makes one decent? movie and the world has too take him seriously???
Hey Jammie, go put on some lipstick and rock Tooky's world one more time....

We know of at least three definite people murdered by this man,, one is questionable.. But realisticaly,, does anyone actually believe that the number isn't greater??? He probably killed more than that before the Crips was created.. How many did he have killed, indirectly, just by tapping a table top, or making a phone call??? That whole thing about the gangs is about power. Teleporting death by use of a gang is what it is all about...

So be it..

Dead man walking. t-minus 2:51:00 hours.

Forum List

Back