Humans Are not made to travel into Space. Its a waste of Money.

A mission to Mars some scientist say would be a "Suicide Mission" to many things could go wrong. It would take three years to reach a very cold dead planet. Its an absurdity to even suggest such a expensive and wasteful
mission.!Spend the money here on Earth where its needed.!
People on food stamps and welfare take up too much "space" now

I think humans can travel in space and live in space stations as has been demonstrated, i.e. they can overcome gravity and G forces, but humans may not be multiplanetary. They have to find a planet that is habitable like Earth and the chances of living on another planet so far has been slim and none. Humans will not be able to colonize planets that do not have a protective magnetic field to protect them from the solar wind. Then the atmospheric gases may not be right or there isn't enough water. NASA wants to send humans to Mars to show there is life there or evidence of past life. This means that evolution worked on other planets which is ridiculous in that there is no evidence for abiogenesis. A mission to Mars could be dangerous due to a crash landing, there isn't enough fuel to get back or they find the atmosphere is too harsh for humans to live there.

NASA wants to send humans to Mars to prove abiogenesis? Where do you get that idea from?

Many studies have shown that space travel is not good for Humans beings. We are Earth bound creatures not born to travel into the zero gravity of space. All the money being spent on space travel, could be best spent on Earth. We still have world hunger and many problems here on Earth. Lets stop all this Mars rover missions, and spaceEX launches now.!!

First, spaceEx is a private corporation. Private corporations are in business. Their mission is not solving world hunger.

Second, space exploration is not just about humans traveling thru space. Without the technological advancements brought from space travel your life would be vastly different.

My advice- find a new cause, because this one is stupid and uninformed.

What would happen if all satellites stopped working?

I think humans can travel in space and live in space stations as has been demonstrated, i.e. they can overcome gravity and G forces, but humans may not be multiplanetary. They have to find a planet that is habitable like Earth and the chances of living on another planet so far has been slim and none. Humans will not be able to colonize planets that do not have a protective magnetic field to protect them from the solar wind. Then the atmospheric gases may not be right or there isn't enough water. NASA wants to send humans to Mars to show there is life there or evidence of past life. This means that evolution worked on other planets which is ridiculous in that there is no evidence for abiogenesis. A mission to Mars could be dangerous due to a crash landing, there isn't enough fuel to get back or they find the atmosphere is too harsh for humans to live there.

NASA wants to send humans to Mars to prove abiogenesis? Where do you get that idea from?

You cannot read oh fuzzy one. What did I actually write :2up:?

Maybe you can practice your reading comprehension here.

NASA's Journey to Mars

Humans are the first species on Earth with the capability to alter their environment including creating a habitable environment.

Unlike the the OP with their complete lack of vision, I argue that humans are perfectly designed to spread off world, adapt, and spread throughout the stars as a spacefaring species ensuring the survival of a species that inhabits a planet with a finite life span.
The Earth and Sun will die in a distant future, no sense we follow that fate.

Actually beavers alter their environment too, but I get you point.

D01DDED6-0E8E-45D0-A801-F8EE2BCDE591.jpeg

You cannot read oh fuzzy one. What did I actually write :2up:?

Maybe you can practice your reading comprehension here.

NASA's Journey to Mars

You wrote this: "NASA wants to send humans to Mars to show there is life there or evidence of past life. This means that evolution worked on other planets which is ridiculous in that there is no evidence for abiogenesis."

Sure sounds as if you're trying to say NASA wants to find evidence of life on Mars to prove abiogenesis by sending humans. But hey, maybe when you say NASA wants to find evidence of life and indicate that would only be true if evolution, and therefore abiogenesis, were true, you mean something totally different. ;)

Many studies have shown that space travel is not good for Humans beings. We are Earth bound creatures not born to travel into the zero gravity of space. All the money being spent on space travel, could be best spent on Earth. We still have world hunger and many problems here on Earth. Lets stop all this Mars rover missions, and spaceEX launches now.!!

News Flash ...
The Earth has a date with a red giant.
Ain't gonna be much left after the date.
Man had better get busy figuring out what's next because his lease here is not going to be renewed.

Jo

Thinking about it, space travel needs to be done more incrementally. Probably we are trying to go to far too soon.
I think the best course would be to slowly transport modular equipment up to the moon. Things that can be assembled relatively easily. begin tunneling and building an underground moon base that would shield people from solar radiation and space junk and they would at least have some gravity. probably near on of the poles where there is water which can be converted to fuel. over time we might be able to put together another space craft on the moon with heavier construction because it would be taking off from lighter gravity ( about 1/6 of earth).
This would most likely take a lot of time and patience to start up a solid building block inside the solar system to launch from. Dont know if anyone has enough of that these days

Like I said, any space mission that's going to take three of more years, is a suicide mission.!.When we can master some kind of near death deep coma sleep, where the astronauts can go to sleep for three years and then be reawaken, if they can be all reawaken , maybe then. But then that becomes a suicide mission in and of itself.!!? Who would want to go on such a mission?, knowing that it is a suicide mission!?

Like I said, any space mission that's going to take three of more years, is a suicide mission.!.When we can master some kind of near death deep coma sleep, where the astronauts can go to sleep for three years and then be reawaken, if they can be all reawaken , maybe then. But then that becomes a suicide mission in and of itself.!!? Who would want to go on such a mission?, knowing that it is a suicide mission!?

YOU should really give it some consideration.

huh?

Nasa budget 20 Billion Dollars

Budget of NASA - Wikipedia

Welfare Budget 732 Billion dollars

Welfare Budget

adding 20 billion dollars to welfare is not going to do a damn thing.

What is it you think is going to happen to make multi-year space travel a suicide mission if the astronauts are awake, but not if they are asleep?

I think much the same thing could have been said about crossing the Atlantic in small ships 400 years ago. 25% to 40% of those crossing the Atlantic in the 1600's became gravely ill and half of them died. So I guess they should have stayed home rather than settling the new world.

The trip you're speaking of is to Mars. It's a one way trip it and probably will not happen for about 20 more years. By then a lot of problems will be solved.

IMHO, now is the time for space research and development, not human exploration. Just to explore the solar system we need a much better propulsion system. To explore the universe we will need some type of propulsion that will approach the speed of light. And that is in the realm science fiction these days.

Yeah!? Then explain Star Trek

I agree to a point, but the technology that is behind the space travel is valuable for down-to-earth applications too, like the communication systems that link all nations in a second.
Basic science research often results in engineering progress benefitting many people.

However, various priorities and possible solutions need to be compared for overall maximum benefit.

The trip you're speaking of is to Mars. It's a one way trip it and probably will not happen for about 20 more years. By then a lot of problems will be solved.

IMHO, now is the time for space research and development, not human exploration. Just to explore the solar system we need a much better propulsion system. To explore the universe we will need some type of propulsion that will approach the speed of light. And that is in the realm science fiction these days.

We'll need something that far exceeds the speed of light to really explore the universe. :)

Forum List

Back