Humans Are not made to travel into Space. Its a waste of Money.

Many studies have shown that space travel is not good for Humans beings. We are Earth bound creatures not born to travel into the zero gravity of space. All the money being spent on space travel, could be best spent on Earth. We still have world hunger and many problems here on Earth. Lets stop all this Mars rover missions, and spaceEX launches now.!!
Centrifugal force can simulate gravity in space. The only way to completely end world hunger is by military action there are bad guys out there that use starvation as a means of control.

Years long missions could be carried out on ships with artificial gravity.

The Cosmic Gama ray radiation that any Mars three year mission Astronauts would be exposed to, if they make it to Mars or are able to lift off of Mars once they land, could kill them all.

I've heard that traveling underwater can be hazardous for your health too since we don't have gills

And last I checked humans can survive at the altitude that planes fly either.

Based on humans own abilities we we're only created for speeds under 20mph and never leaving the ground.

The "experts" said women should run marathons either. Claimed their uterus could fall out.

I've seen it happen. A prolapsed uterus is not a pretty sight.

Human beings evolved to live in a very specific set of environmental conditions. Too much heat or cold, too little or too much gravity, too much or too little radiation and we sicken and die. Space contains none of those things we need to survive and a contains a lot of things that could kill us anyway even if we have the other stuff.

All of these conditions can be replicated to provide a Habitrail environment in which humans can live, but we can't go anywhere without taking a bit of Planet Earth with us. This doesn't let us stretch our legs very far before we must run back to our artificial enclosure.

Beings that settle on distant planets will have to be genetically altered to thrive in the vastly different conditions of even the most Earth-like of planets. Once conditioned, going back home wouldn't be an option.

Republicans are anti science.

Listen to them and we will be back living in caves.

What's wrong with caves? Some of them are actually quite nice...

148047910.jpg

Many studies have shown that space travel is not good for Humans beings. We are Earth bound creatures not born to travel into the zero gravity of space. All the money being spent on space travel, could be best spent on Earth. We still have world hunger and many problems here on Earth. Lets stop all this Mars rover missions, and spaceEX launches now.!!

Man does all kinds of things that humans were "not born" to do. Flying, traveling underwater, hell, driving a car, all are things man was "not born" to do.

Like reading,

What's wrong with caves? Some of them are actually quite nice...

148047910.jpg

Yes it is nice how technology can make something which would be very difficult to survive in much better. Instead of our lack of echolocation an reliance on sight making that place a death trap, human inventions make it bright and comfortable.

The Cosmic Gama ray radiation that any Mars three year mission Astronauts would be exposed to, if they make it to Mars or are able to lift off of Mars once they land, could kill them all.

I've heard that traveling underwater can be hazardous for your health too since we don't have gills

Based on humans own abilities we we're only created for speeds under 20mph and never leaving the ground.

The "experts" said women should run marathons either. Claimed their uterus could fall out.

I am sure it is not a pretty sight. But running is not the cause.

It would take 80 years to get to another part of the Galaxy. We'd be dead by then.

It would take 80 years to get to another part of the Galaxy. We'd be dead by then.

Yep. At least the ones who left Earth would be. The next generation would continue the trip. And the next generation. And the next.

Hey stupid..................you DO realize that SpaceX and Virgin Galactic are both privately owned companies, right? And, as a privately owned company, they can spend their money any way they wish.

Don't forget, we have a narrow temperature range that we can survive at, as well as have limitations on how high we can go. Ever been to the top of Pike's Peak? It's 14,110 ft. high, and at that altitude, it is impossible to light a cigarette with a Zippo lighter. Not enough O2. And, a person runs out of breath rather quickly at that altitude as well. I know, I've been there.

80 years with our current technology, won't even get you out of the Oort Cloud.

If you wanted to get to another star in our galaxy, the closest one is Proxima Centari, and that is about 4.2 light years away. (For those who don't know, a light year is how far light travels in one year, and light travels at 186,000 miles per SECOND.)

Yep. At least the ones who left Earth would be. The next generation would continue the trip. And the next generation. And the next.

Like Monarch butterflies?

Or we could transfer our minds into robots, and travel forever.

Scientists believe there are at least 100 billion galaxies in the Universe, with each galaxy having 30 billion planets. Notice I said "billion" in those numbers. Those numbers are too big for me to comprehend.

A mission to Mars some scientist say would be a "Suicide Mission" to many things could go wrong. It would take three years to reach a very cold dead planet. Its an absurdity to even suggest such a expensive and wasteful
mission.!Spend the money here on Earth where its needed.!

I think humans can travel in space and live in space stations as has been demonstrated, i.e. they can overcome gravity and G forces, but humans may not be multiplanetary. They have to find a planet that is habitable like Earth and the chances of living on another planet so far has been slim and none. Humans will not be able to colonize planets that do not have a protective magnetic field to protect them from the solar wind. Then the atmospheric gases may not be right or there isn't enough water. NASA wants to send humans to Mars to show there is life there or evidence of past life. This means that evolution worked on other planets which is ridiculous in that there is no evidence for abiogenesis. A mission to Mars could be dangerous due to a crash landing, there isn't enough fuel to get back or they find the atmosphere is too harsh for humans to live there.

Forum List

Back