Humana to Opt Out of Obamacare Exchanges

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
And so it continues. The only thing left will be Medicare and the question is where is the money coming from to support that?

Another major insurer announced it is considering leaving some of Obamacare’s exchanges after losing money and customers.

In financial reports released Monday, Humana said that it is likely to exit some exchanges in 2017 after reporting lower earnings and a drop in enrollment in its individual plans, including some sold under the Affordable Care Act.

Story @ Another Major Insurer May Leave Obamacare’s Exchanges

sheeeesh I would not DO humana care as a freebee on my medicare------based on my PRE-OBAMA impressions of that "insurance plan" -----it is not even as good as is HIP ----------

The company said the decline can be attributed to consumers—approximately 150,000—who had plans terminated because they lacked the proper documentation or didn’t pay their premiums.

The company said the decline can be attributed to consumers—approximately 150,000—who had plans terminated because they lacked the proper documentation or didn’t pay their premiums.

Lacked proper documentation? How can that be? Since when is ID and stuff like that required? Oh, wait....

It’s unclear how Humana’s exit will further limit consumer choices, particularly since the state has yet to announce which states will be affected. However, health care policy experts already predicted that the company’s pending merger with Aetna, coupled with UnitedHealthcare’s exit from the exchanges, is likely to leave Obamacare customers with fewer choices.

But, let's be clear...they have not left yet.

We can wait until they do (if they do) before asking FakeMalarkey (JakeStarkey ) just how insignificant they were.

Then the next...and the next....and the next.

:lalala::lalala:

And so it continues. The only thing left will be Medicare and the question is where is the money coming from to support that?

Another major insurer announced it is considering leaving some of Obamacare’s exchanges after losing money and customers.

In financial reports released Monday, Humana said that it is likely to exit some exchanges in 2017 after reporting lower earnings and a drop in enrollment in its individual plans, including some sold under the Affordable Care Act.

What we need is a bare bones minimum coverage plan $100 a month. Humana asks a single person making $20k a year to pay $350 a month. Fuck inhumana. We need single payer.

What we need is a bare bones minimum coverage plan $100 a month. Humana asks a single person making $20k a year to pay $350 a month. Fuck inhumana. We need single payer.

It's not them you moron.

As CATO said so well......Obamacare has made inexpensive insurance illegal.

I know

It's not them you moron.

I know! The insurance giants wrote it. Maybe trump or hillary will fix it

I know

It's not them you moron.

What is there incentive to do that ?

The government has been propping up the insurance industry for decades.

I know

It's not them you moron.

Excuse me? Are you really asking me what is the insurance companies incentive in mandating every citizen in this country buy their product? And what is their incentive to not offer a $100 a month policy? Do you really need to ask these questions? Do I need to answer them?

I w
I know

It's not them you moron.

Excuse me? Are you really asking me what is the insurance companies incentive in mandating every citizen in this country buy their product? And what is their incentive to not offer a $100 a month policy? Do you really need to ask these questions? Do I need to answer them?

I was asking about the incentive for Hillary or Dump to fix it.

If you are making 20k a year you should be under your parents insurance still. If you are too old to be on your parents insurance still, you should maybe consider bettering yourself to be more in demand in the job marketplace.

If you are making 20k a year you should be under your parents insurance still. If you are too old to be on your parents insurance still, you should maybe consider bettering yourself to be more in demand in the job marketplace.

Parental coverage is only up to age 26. Nothing to do with income.

Someone making 20K a year is well under 400% of the federal poverty level and would be eligible for either a subsidy or Medicaid...unless his state legislators are self-serving assholes.

Someone making 20K a year is well under 400% of the federal poverty level and would be eligible for either a subsidy or Medicaid...unless his state legislators are self-serving assholes.
not sure what it is about your post that would show anything wrong with what I stated.
If you make 20k or less a year, you are either still living at home with mom and dad or you need some education. I think you just agreed with that.

I lost a good job in a bad economy and had to go run someone else's small business for a year. With "hopes" of turning it into a big huge franchise and me being in on the ground level. Have you ever started your own business? Have you ever been in 100% commission sales? Ever sell cars? You might not make a lot your first year.

Anyways, I started looking as soon as I realized he wasn't going to ever pay me what I'm worth. He did however pay for my health insurance so I was making $20K plus health benefits but even still that is pretty pathetic huh? Amazing how I could even survive making that much. And why now when I'm making 4 x that am I not saving more? LOL.

He promised me bonus' if I hit the monthly goals. As soon as I hit them, he raised them. So then another couple months would go buy without any commissions and then when I'd hit them, he'd raise the number again. The son of a bitch kept upping my goals when I hit them so he wouldn't have to pay me bonus'. He was a son of a bitch but when you own a small business like that, you have to be. I don't blame him one bit. My fault for taking the job. But I needed a job too so I'm also grateful he gave me a job when I needed one.

It also let to my current job. My former boss, the sob, wrote me the best letter of recommendation you could ever write for a person. The president at my current company even commented on it in the interview. So never burn bridges. I never told him off for taking advantage of me. If I didn't like it, go work somewhere else. I was trying to get out of corporate b2b inside sales and running his business was fun.

Anyways, fuck Humana. Now I have Henry Ford Health. Great plan. Only $1000 a year where my last "real" company I worked for was $5000 deductable. That's just refuckingdickulous.

I probably would have qualified for Obamacare but my employer was paying my monthly fee. I was the only person in his company he paid healthcare for. He knew he was getting me for a song so he knew the $350 a month was well worth not losing me. What is that a week like $80?

not sure what it is about your post that would show anything wrong with what I stated.
If you make 20k or less a year, you are either still living at home with mom and dad or you need some education. I think you just agreed with that.
I have a college degree, lost a great paying sales job in a bad economy and lets be honest, companies weren't hiring ANYONE let alone someone who was unemployed. And when you are in sales, you may take a sales job that pays $20K plus commission but that commission could be $100K. Your comment shows your ignorance. Perhaps you do something that is in high demand and even unemployed people who do that can easily find $50K a year job but that's not the reality for a lot of people.

And I find it HILARIOUS that you fucking right wingers (if that is what you are), who claim you would wash dishes or work at McD if you were out of work, would mock someone who took ANY JOB rather than be unemployed.

Oh, and my mortgage is $300 a month and my car was paid off, so I can afford to live on $20K a year. Can you? I bet if you were forced to live on $20K a year for a year you would eat up your life savings and you would foreclose on your home. Not me. I survived it.

And it is also odd that such a great employee like me had such a hard time finding work in 2008. It tells me 2 things. GW Bush really fucked things up good and 2, companies were not hiring the unemployed. No matter what if there was a gap in your work history they were tossing your resume in the trash. Hard to get a "good" job when that's what good companies are doing to the unemployed.

www.websitewithnoname.com: Corporate Employers Not Hiring the Unemployed

Unemployed? 5 Reasons Companies Won't Hire You

I have a college degree, lost a great paying sales job in a bad economy and lets be honest, companies weren't hiring ANYONE let alone someone who was unemployed. And when you are in sales, you may take a sales job that pays $20K plus commission but that commission could be $100K. Your comment shows your ignorance. Perhaps you do something that is in high demand and even unemployed people who do that can easily find $50K a year job but that's not the reality for a lot of people.

And I find it HILARIOUS that you fucking right wingers (if that is what you are), who claim you would wash dishes or work at McD if you were out of work, would mock someone who took ANY JOB rather than be unemployed.

Oh, and my mortgage is $300 a month and my car was paid off, so I can afford to live on $20K a year. Can you? I bet if you were forced to live on $20K a year for a year you would eat up your life savings and you would foreclose on your home. Not me. I survived it.

And it is also odd that such a great employee like me had such a hard time finding work in 2008. It tells me 2 things. GW Bush really fucked things up good and 2, companies were not hiring the unemployed. No matter what if there was a gap in your work history they were tossing your resume in the trash. Hard to get a "good" job when that's what good companies are doing to the unemployed.

www.websitewithnoname.com: Corporate Employers Not Hiring the Unemployed

Unemployed? 5 Reasons Companies Won't Hire You
if you lost your job you were not that good of an employee.
but, I have acres of property and a 4500 sq foot home only 30 minutes outside of DC and 35 minutes from Baltimore, The property has a value of over 1 million at today's prices.
Its paid for. Why? because I took my college degree and worked my ass off, and guess what, I didnt lose my job because I actually had a degree that could be used for something other than asking if you wanted fries with that order. ( in other words, not a liberal arts degree) As far as losing anything? nope. As a matter of fact I quit that job last year and went back to college for yet another degree. And I do all of this while paying my bills, still adding to my retirement account and not having to dig my hands in other peoples pockets.
I think its time that liberals start to realize they need to be less dependent on other peoples pay checks.
P.S.
Can you tell your boss to bring back the cherry pies?

Forum List

Back