Huffington Post announces ban on anonymous posting.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Like most internet message boards, HuffPo forums are infested with govt agents and you can be sure they will be given phony names.

Huffington: Trolls uglier than ever, so we?re cutting off anonymous comments - Innovation - Boston.com

08/21/2013 | 1:38 PM

The days of anonymous commenting on The Huffington Post are numbered. Founder Arianna Huffington said in a question-and-answer session with reporters in Boston Wednesday that the online news site plans to require users to comment on stories under their real names, beginning next month.

“Freedom of expression is given to people who stand up for what they’re saying and not hiding behind anonymity,” she said.

“We’ve just made a decision — we’re going to announce it soon, but here you are,” Huffington said. “I’m announcing it now. We’re going to end anonymity in comments.”

She noted that HuffPo already has an advanced comment screening algorithm and 40 human monitors. And the site does not want to risk losing its robust culture of reader dialogue. More than 260 million comments have been posted since Huffington Post was launched in 2005.

“Nevertheless, I think trolls have become more and more aggressive and uglier,” Huffington explained.

leftist progressives at their full bloom - they can not stand the truth :lol:

why do they need to know the real name of the poster on the commentary page? who cares, what people are writing there?

why do they need to know the real name of the poster on the commentary page? who cares, what people are writing there?

You're completely misreading the story --

This is about the far-right cowards who are afraid of their own shadow and post their racist ignorant filth behind an anonymous name.

You're completely misreading the story --
This is about the far-right cowards who are afraid of their own shadow and post their racist ignorant filth behind an anonymous name

it is you, who can not stand the truth ( as Arianna and HuffPost as well) and resort to nazi-style politics.

People who are confident in them being right do not need to chain everybody or scare everybody out of the site.

But the left progressivism is not only totalitarian, it is simply cowardice and stupid - reveal your name, or get out of here, because I can't stand your arguments :lol:

BTW, it is useless - if people want to be anonymous, they will be. Even if they register under the name. As if it is that hard to register a fake name :rolleyes:

well there goes a lot of their cult members...damn what are the cult members here from that site going to do...what a dilemma...lol

I see this thread was moved from Pollitics to the Media dungeon forum. The persecution of conservatives here never ends.

Forum List

Back