Huckabee Out

I agree, nobody is unbeatable, but I also agree that President Obama getting re-elected is highly likely.

President Obama is going into campaign mode and Barack Obama on campaign is a force to reckon with. He's done a lot in two and a half years and he's going to be out talking about the stuff he's done and what he wants to do. Remember, people like this President (74% in a Quinnepac poll) and that will play a factor.

The Republican candidates are going to be out running on...???

As for Flip Flop Romney...The President will be praising him on the campaign trail for his Romneycare. Mitt will just look more the flip-flopper (which will be played up as well).

Thats the sad thing really;

Obama is beatable...

High unemployment
Several unfulfilled campaign promies
GOP states gaining electors while Blue states losing them
Record fund raising possibilities due to the out and out hatred of President Obama.

You asked who? It's about 2 years too early but Nikki Haley. She's a shoe in for Federal Office some day this election is maybe too early.

Still I seem to recall there was a guy who ran for President from Illinois who hadn't even completed his first term in the Senate. Hows that working out for him?

Obama is very beatable. He would have to retain many of the states he won last time, like OH, VA, and NC. Also FL. With high unemployment in all of those and high gas prices and a record as incompetent as anybody's it won't be that easy.

Incompetent? Hardly. Thats a stupid assessment.

Unpopular? Definitely--especially with his opponents who are going to be more energized than ever before.

Ensures that Romney will get the nod

Once all the crazies beat themselves up, Romney will be the last man standing

Thank god. I can't believe how many Republican numbskulls like that RINO. He's the main reason we got stuck with McCain for as the nominee.

Well, you guys are going to get stuck with another ‘RINO,’ Mitt.

Yeah, because everyone knows in May of the previous year the whole thing is decided. I completely forgot how in the 2008 election now President Hillary Clinton defeated Republican Rudy Giuliani. :rolleyes:

See above.

In spite of the histrionics of the extreme Republican right, the core of the party remains moderate Republicans. Yes sports fans, RINOs get to pick the GOP candidate for President.....just like they always have

The only candidate who can appeal to moderate Republicans consistently in all states is Romney. The crazies will beat each other up and will not take any delegates.

The wild card is the Tea Party. Will they revolt when Romney gets the nod and run a Third Party candidate? Bachmann would screw things up and ensure an Obama victory

But he didnt say gays were going to hell. Right?

No. According to Huckabee, Baptists don't tell anyone they are going to hell. He has said some pretty despicable things about gays and lesbians though.

OK. So whoever wrote that Huckabee said gays were going to hell lied. And whoever tried to imply that he had said that also lied.
Glad we cleared that up.

Geez, trying to keep people straight around here is damned near impossible.

Lied? Nah...maybe employed hyperbole or jumped to conclusions, but I wouldn't say the individual "lied". Huckabump DID say that gays and lesbians were sinners (and then went on to compare them to pretty horrible things like pedophiles and necrophiliacs). Seeing as the bible DOES say that sinners go to hell, it was a logical conclusion for the poster to arrive at I'd say.

See above.

In spite of the histrionics of the extreme Republican right, the core of the party remains moderate Republicans. Yes sports fans, RINOs get to pick the GOP candidate for President.....just like they always have

The only candidate who can appeal to moderate Republicans consistently in all states is Romney. The crazies will beat each other up and will not take any delegates.

The wild card is the Tea Party. Will they revolt when Romney gets the nod and run a Third Party candidate? Bachmann would screw things up and ensure an Obama victory

Every election year we see the so-called "front runner" leading everybody by 20 points a year out from the election only in the end to lose the primary or general come election day. It happens all the time and despite that people like you seem to think you "know" what's going to happen by looking at a poll a year out. You'd think you people would learn by now that this early in the race these polls mean absolutely nothing other than to entertain the political class.

Romney may end up being the GOP nominee, but I'd place a hefty bet that he doesn't. He's got serious issues he needs to reconcile with his constant changing of positions on a whole variety of issues. I voted for him for governor in 2002, but I can't say I would vote for him for president now because I don't know who the hell he really is or what he actually anymore believes and that's what's going to dog him with primary voters.

See above.

Every election year we see the so-called "front runner" leading everybody by 20 points a year out from the election only in the end to lose the primary or general come election day. It happens all the time and despite that people like you seem to think you "know" what's going to happen by looking at a poll a year out. You'd think you people would learn by now that this early in the race these polls mean absolutely nothing other than to entertain the political class.

Romney may end up being the GOP nominee, but I'd place a hefty bet that he doesn't. He's got serious issues he needs to reconcile with his constant changing of positions on a whole variety of issues. I voted for him for governor in 2002, but I can't say I would vote for him for president now because I don't know who the hell he really is or what he actually anymore believes and that's what's going to dog him with primary voters.

What we have is a horse race and the field is shaping up. Doesn't mean we don't get to predict the race. That is why we have a political message board. In looking at the GOP field, there are very few thoroughbreds. Huckabee was one of the potential thoroughbreds, so was Haley Barber. Both are declining to run

Most of the big GOP horses are holding out for 2016. I can't imagine why

I don’t see these folks getting excited about Mitt, who is really the only viable candidate left.

Who decided that Mitt Romney was the only viable candidate? You? The media? :lol:

How viable was Mike Huckabee in May of 2007? He was getting like 2% of the vote in polls. The front runners were Romney, McCain, and Giuliani and yet it was Mike Huckabee who won the Iowa Caucus.

What we have is a horse race and the field is shaping up. Doesn't mean we don't get to predict the race. That is why we have a political message board. In looking at the GOP field, there are very few thoroughbreds. Huckabee was one of the potential thoroughbreds, so was Haley Barber. Both are declining to run

You're predicting based on factors of today, which mean absolutely nothing. Dark horse candidates always come up from behind that nobody ever expected. Mike Huckabee was that dark horse in 2008.

Most of the big GOP horses are holding out for 2016.

You don't know that. Nobody who has been speculated to run and declined said they were holding out to 2016.

I can't imagine why

Nor can I because Obama is the most vulnerable incumbent president we've had since Herbert Hoover. The only people who don't believe that are his sheepish supporters and the political class who never have a clue about what goes on in the minds of the American people. You folks did just a bang up job of predicting last year's elections. :lol: You don't know what you think you do.

If we have high unemployment and high gas prices come Election Day next year, Obama is finished. He won't stand a chance in Hell of seeing four more years and that's all it's going to come down to.

What you fail to understand is that the country is not made up of people only like you.

Any of the way right choices you are dreaming of will fail in an Epic way to gain national votes.

You're predicting based on factors of today, which mean absolutely nothing. Dark horse candidates always come up from behind that nobody ever expected. Mike Huckabee was that dark horse in 2008.

Most of the big GOP horses are holding out for 2016.

You don't know that. Nobody who has been speculated to run and declined said they were holding out to 2016.

I can't imagine why

Nor can I because Obama is the most vulnerable incumbent president we've had since Herbert Hoover. The only people who don't believe that are his sheepish supporters and the political class who never have a clue about what goes on in the minds of the American people. You folks did just a bang up job of predicting last year's elections. :lol: You don't know what you think you do.

If we have high unemployment and high gas prices come Election Day next year, Obama is finished. He won't stand a chance in Hell of seeing four more years and that's all it's going to come down to.

First of all, the Republicans are made up of Conservatives and Conservatives do not pick dark horses. Can you name one in in the last 40 years?

There is nobody waiting in the wings to save the Republicans. The field is pretty much set......if anything, it will get smaller

So, who do you have?

Thoroughbreds

Romney
Pawlenty
Daniels

Field Horses

Gingrich
Trump
Palin
Cain
Paul
Bachmann
Santorum

Not much to choose from

Last edited:

I can't imagine why

First of all, the Republicans are made up of Conservatives and Conservatives do not pick dark horses. Can you name one in in the last 40 years?

There is nobody waiting in the wings to save the Republicans. The field is pretty much set......if anything, it will get smaller

So, who do you have?

Thoroughbreds

Romney
Pawlenty
Daniels

Field Horses

Gingrich
Trump
Palin
Cain
Paul
Bachmann
Santorum

Not much to choose from

Sounds like you're still trying to convince yourself, rw. It could still end up with the Incompetent Incumbent vs Looney Tunes though.

They are living in a delousion.

They live in little bubbles of republican talking points.

They really and truely think the rest of the country is just like them.

Remember they hate to learn about how anyone else lives.

They prefer to pretend EVERYONE is just like them and those that are not are worthless and can be ignored.

They will think people like Paul or Huck have a chance in hell right up until it is proven to them by the reality of what the rest of the country votes.

So, who do you have?

Thoroughbreds

Romney
Pawlenty
Daniels

Field Horses

Gingrich
Trump
Palin
Cain
Paul
Bachmann
Santorum

Not much to choose from

Sounds like you're still trying to convince yourself, rw. It could still end up with the Incompetent Incumbent vs Looney Tunes though.

Feel free to pick your favorite based on what we know now.....what do you have to lose?

So, who do you have?

Thoroughbreds

Romney
Pawlenty
Daniels

Field Horses

Gingrich
Trump
Palin
Cain
Paul
Bachmann
Santorum

Not much to choose from

Feel free to pick your favorite based on what we know now.....what do you have to lose?

Thanks, but my picks aren't on there. You're earlier prediction of their running in 16 is starting to look like reality.

He's not running.

Huckabee says he won't run for president - Yahoo! News

I'm a bit surprised. This might be his best chance.
I told ya'll, I told ya'll - three or two times, he would not run.

He's alot of things but he's not a dumbass, he's making money hand over fist in a relatively stress-free life right now. He would be stupid to run in 2012 especially when it is so clear no one outside of Hillary Clinton herself is any threat to unseat Obama.

well, aside from the fact that hillary isn't running. i don't agree that obama is unbeatable. i think everyone is beatable. at this point in his presidency, daddy bush was polling 60% or better and had a successful gulf war. i think it is *likely* obama gets re-elected, but there are so many variables. it isn't just about him, it's also about what the alternatives are. if the republican base keeps pushing for idealogues, it is likely they'll lose the general election. the person who has the best chance of unseating the president is mitt romney and the right doesn't think he's dogmatic enough and he's the wrong brand of christian...
The problem is Jillie... Obama's win is almost by default, sans a Hillary run. The GOP certainly has no racehorses, no one with appeal to moderates or Indys. There won't be a Billy Clinton, Barack Obama or Reagan type darkhorse suddenly pop up and change the game. It's Obama's election to lose. It's not that Obama is "unbeatable" it's the total lack of appealing candidates to oppose him.

I said many times and to much ridicule I might add, that Huck wouldn't run. I'm saying with the same conviction that no one's going to unseat President Obama.

It's just reality.

I can't imagine why

So, who do you have?

Thoroughbreds

Romney
Pawlenty
Daniels

Field Horses

Gingrich
Trump
Palin
Cain
Paul
Bachmann
Santorum

Not much to choose from

Whom determines who are thoroughbreds or "Field Horses"? You? The Media? The Bildebergers?

Last time I checked? The people did...

Forum List

Back