Huckabee Out

I didn't read all 80 posts but there might be something you all are not getting elsewhere in the country on the REAL reason why Huckabee dropped out. It is playing BIG TIME here on the news right along side the story about him not running.

You guys remember the four cops that got gunned down last year here in Seattle?

Well...Our good friend the Huckster let the guy go free while he was Governor. He traveled across the country and swore he would get even to some Seattle cops and went to a coffee shop and assassinated four of them. That story was huge news back then and it is running parallel to the Huckabee story right now in Seattle.

THAT is the REAL reason The Shuckster will not be running.

Mike Huckabee Clemency Freed Maurice Clemmons, Washington Cop Shooter Suspect - ABC News

Clemency for 'cop killer' haunts Huckabee

Just sayin...:eusa_whistle:

TRUE story!

Thats the sad thing really;

Obama is beatable...

High unemployment
Several unfulfilled campaign promies
GOP states gaining electors while Blue states losing them
Record fund raising possibilities due to the out and out hatred of President Obama.

You asked who? It's about 2 years too early but Nikki Haley. She's a shoe in for Federal Office some day this election is maybe too early.

Still I seem to recall there was a guy who ran for President from Illinois who hadn't even completed his first term in the Senate. Hows that working out for him?

Obama is very beatable. He would have to retain many of the states he won last time, like OH, VA, and NC. Also FL. With high unemployment in all of those and high gas prices and a record as incompetent as anybody's it won't be that easy.

Incompetent? Hardly. Thats a stupid assessment.

Unpopular? Definitely--especially with his opponents who are going to be more energized than ever before.

Incompetent? Of course. Foreign policy, domestic policy, oil drilling, trials for terrorists, afghanistan...etcetc.
All of them products of incompetence.

I told ya'll, I told ya'll - three or two times, he would not run.

He's alot of things but he's not a dumbass, he's making money hand over fist in a relatively stress-free life right now. He would be stupid to run in 2012 especially when it is so clear no one outside of Hillary Clinton herself is any threat to unseat Obama.

well, aside from the fact that hillary isn't running. i don't agree that obama is unbeatable. i think everyone is beatable. at this point in his presidency, daddy bush was polling 60% or better and had a successful gulf war. i think it is *likely* obama gets re-elected, but there are so many variables. it isn't just about him, it's also about what the alternatives are. if the republican base keeps pushing for idealogues, it is likely they'll lose the general election. the person who has the best chance of unseating the president is mitt romney and the right doesn't think he's dogmatic enough and he's the wrong brand of christian...
The problem is Jillie... Obama's win is almost by default, sans a Hillary run. The GOP certainly has no racehorses, no one with appeal to moderates or Indys. There won't be a Billy Clinton, Barack Obama or Reagan type darkhorse suddenly pop up and change the game. It's Obama's election to lose. It's not that Obama is "unbeatable" it's the total lack of appealing candidates to oppose him.

I said many times and to much ridicule I might add, that Huck wouldn't run. I'm saying with the same conviction that no one's going to unseat President Obama.

It's just reality.

While I mostly agree..

John Huntsman or Mitch Daniels could shake things up considerably. I've heard both speak and they seem like reasonable and moderate men. So far.

A dark horse would be Chris Christie but he's sorta fading fast.

well, aside from the fact that hillary isn't running. i don't agree that obama is unbeatable. i think everyone is beatable. at this point in his presidency, daddy bush was polling 60% or better and had a successful gulf war. i think it is *likely* obama gets re-elected, but there are so many variables. it isn't just about him, it's also about what the alternatives are. if the republican base keeps pushing for idealogues, it is likely they'll lose the general election. the person who has the best chance of unseating the president is mitt romney and the right doesn't think he's dogmatic enough and he's the wrong brand of christian...
The problem is Jillie... Obama's win is almost by default, sans a Hillary run. The GOP certainly has no racehorses, no one with appeal to moderates or Indys. There won't be a Billy Clinton, Barack Obama or Reagan type darkhorse suddenly pop up and change the game. It's Obama's election to lose. It's not that Obama is "unbeatable" it's the total lack of appealing candidates to oppose him.

I said many times and to much ridicule I might add, that Huck wouldn't run. I'm saying with the same conviction that no one's going to unseat President Obama.

It's just reality.

While I mostly agree..

John Huntsman or Mitch Daniels could shake things up considerably. I've heard both speak and they seem like reasonable and moderate men. So far.

Christie's adamant he won't run. Huntsman and/or Daniels won't get the backing of the GOP establishment. Obama wins, bigger than last time IMO.

It's just reality.

While I mostly agree..

Christie's adamant he won't run. Huntsman and/or Daniels won't get the backing of the GOP establishment. Obama wins, bigger than last time IMO.

Agreed..given the present environment. But I was kind of thinking that this year would be when the Republicans "burned" out their more radical elements in the party by sending the second stringers to debate. But..that doesn't seem to be the case..

Or does it?:lol:

It's just reality.

While I mostly agree..

Daniels hasn't announced. If he does you watch his support level climb.
Obama is very weak.

First of all, the Republicans are made up of Conservatives and Conservatives do not pick dark horses. Can you name one in in the last 40 years?

There is nobody waiting in the wings to save the Republicans. The field is pretty much set......if anything, it will get smaller

So, who do you have?

Thoroughbreds

Romney
Pawlenty
Daniels

Field Horses

Gingrich
Trump
Palin
Cain
Paul
Bachmann
Santorum

Not much to choose from

Sounds like you're still trying to convince yourself, rw. It could still end up with the Incompetent Incumbent vs Looney Tunes though.

Feel free to pick your favorite based on what we know now.....what do you have to lose?

This Republic...

While I mostly agree..

Agreed..given the present environment. But I was kind of thinking that this year would be when the Republicans "burned" out their more radical elements in the party by sending the second stringers to debate. But..that doesn't seem to be the case..

Or does it?:lol:
The Tea Party wing will be backing Paul. That's about all the GOP has at this point.

Really describes the coming landslide for Obama, does it not?

While I mostly agree..

Daniels hasn't announced. If he does you watch his support level climb.
Obama is very weak.
Abject nonsense.

You're predicting based on factors of today, which mean absolutely nothing. Dark horse candidates always come up from behind that nobody ever expected. Mike Huckabee was that dark horse in 2008.

You don't know that. Nobody who has been speculated to run and declined said they were holding out to 2016.

Nor can I because Obama is the most vulnerable incumbent president we've had since Herbert Hoover. The only people who don't believe that are his sheepish supporters and the political class who never have a clue about what goes on in the minds of the American people. You folks did just a bang up job of predicting last year's elections. :lol: You don't know what you think you do.

If we have high unemployment and high gas prices come Election Day next year, Obama is finished. He won't stand a chance in Hell of seeing four more years and that's all it's going to come down to.

First of all, the Republicans are made up of Conservatives and Conservatives do not pick dark horses. Can you name one in in the last 40 years?

There is nobody waiting in the wings to save the Republicans. The field is pretty much set......if anything, it will get smaller

So, who do you have?

Thoroughbreds

Romney
Pawlenty
Daniels

Field Horses

Gingrich
Trump
Palin
Cain
Paul
Bachmann
Santorum

Not much to choose from

Whom determines who are thoroughbreds or "Field Horses"? You? The Media? The Bildebergers?

Last time I checked? The people did...

I determine who my field horses are

Feel free to post your own list. Be glad to discuss with you

What we have is a horse race and the field is shaping up. Doesn't mean we don't get to predict the race. That is why we have a political message board. In looking at the GOP field, there are very few thoroughbreds. Huckabee was one of the potential thoroughbreds, so was Haley Barber. Both are declining to run

You're predicting based on factors of today, which mean absolutely nothing. Dark horse candidates always come up from behind that nobody ever expected. Mike Huckabee was that dark horse in 2008.

You don't know that. Nobody who has been speculated to run and declined said they were holding out to 2016.

I can't imagine why

Nor can I because Obama is the most vulnerable incumbent president we've had since Herbert Hoover. The only people who don't believe that are his sheepish supporters and the political class who never have a clue about what goes on in the minds of the American people. You folks did just a bang up job of predicting last year's elections. :lol: You don't know what you think you do.

If we have high unemployment and high gas prices come Election Day next year, Obama is finished. He won't stand a chance in Hell of seeing four more years and that's all it's going to come down to.

So, who do you have?

Thoroughbreds

Romney
Pawlenty
Daniels

Field Horses

Gingrich
Trump
Palin
Cain
Paul
Bachmann
Santorum

Not much to choose from

That's because you're a flaming leftist... Why would you or any other flaming leftist choose any of the above?...

Barry Zero wasn't much to choose from, but look at that result...

Like back in the 50s and 60s? You mean Republicans like Nixon and Rockefeller?
It is conservatives who win elections. McCain was hailed as the great voice of moderation and someone who challenged his own party. This was supposed to appeal to Dems.
Until it didn't.
We don't need a Dem-lite candidate like Romney, currently trying to justify Romneycare. We need an actual conservative.

Homosexuals have exactly the same rights to marry that I do.

If you live in one of only five states where same-sex marriage is recognized they do; otherwise 45 other states are in violation of the 14th Amendment in this regard.

Those who are comparing the GOP now to the Democrats at this time in 2008 are missing the point. At this point in 2008 the Democrats had at least three viable candidates getting recognition, polling well, and establishing their political apparatus among the party insiders to hit the ground running for Iowa and New Hampshire – who eventually became the nominee is not the point.

The GOP now is nowhere near the same level of preparedness the Democrats were in 2008. Now is the time to be preparing for Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina, just 7-8 months away. Republicans are acting as if the race begins in January, the primaries will sort things out, and they’ll have a nominee come June.

It doesn’t work that way – not if you’re serious about taking the WH in 2012.

There are others..they just have not entered the public arena yet. John Huntsman and Mitch Daniels look pretty good. Huntsman announced and Daniels is on the fence.

That’s the problem – again, now is the time to have your serious contenders working the operatives and insiders in Iowa and New Hampshire – the 24/7 party bosses who live and breath presidential electoral politics. Otherwise you’re going to have chaos come February with the party spit up in factions with no clear front-runner for the entire party to get behind.

So, who do you have?

Thoroughbreds

Romney
Pawlenty
Daniels

Field Horses

Gingrich
Trump
Palin
Cain
Paul
Bachmann
Santorum

Not much to choose from

That's because you're a flaming leftist... Why would you or any other flaming leftist choose any of the above?...

As usual, when it comes to political discussions, poor House is never there to name a candidate he supports

It's easy to sit in the bleachers and say everyone sucks .....isn't it House?

It is conservatives who win elections. McCain was hailed as the great voice of moderation and someone who challenged his own party. This was supposed to appeal to Dems.
Until it didn't.
We don't need a Dem-lite candidate like Romney, currently trying to justify Romneycare. We need an actual conservative.

If you live in one of only five states where same-sex marriage is recognized they do; otherwise 45 other states are in violation of the 14th Amendment in this regard.

Gays have exactly the same rights to marry as anyone else anywhere in this country. Please show me where they don't.

As for the GOP, they are going through a very positive process discovering who they are and where they want to go. The religious right basically lost their main candidate, which isn't a bad thing in my book.
Team Obama suffers from a combination of: arrogance, poor judgment, a press that isn't nearly as favorable as it was in 2008, and a horrible horrible record that will not be made better by blaming Bush. Every election Obama has played that theme he has lost.

Until it didn't.

Gays have exactly the same rights to marry as anyone else anywhere in this country. Please show me where they don't.

As for the GOP, they are going through a very positive process discovering who they are and where they want to go. The religious right basically lost their main candidate, which isn't a bad thing in my book.
Team Obama suffers from a combination of: arrogance, poor judgment, a press that isn't nearly as favorable as it was in 2008, and a horrible horrible record that will not be made better by blaming Bush. Every election Obama has played that theme he has lost.

LOL

Still trying to sell that "gays can marry the opposite sex if they want to" crap?

It didn't work before, what makes you think it will work now?

So, who do you have?

Thoroughbreds

Romney
Pawlenty
Daniels

Field Horses

Gingrich
Trump
Palin
Cain
Paul
Bachmann
Santorum

Not much to choose from

And a piss-poor economy Leftwingpinger wishes to support because HE is a Gubmint employee after all...He's protecting his own ass.

LOL

Still trying to sell that "gays can marry the opposite sex if they want to" crap?

the claim is that gays are denied rights. They are not. When you go to marry no one asks you your sexual orientation. Ergo there is no discrimination.
I realize the argumetn is so simple that it seems like it must be wrong to chowderheads like you. But it really is that simple.

So, who do you have?

Thoroughbreds

Romney
Pawlenty
Daniels

Field Horses

Gingrich
Trump
Palin
Cain
Paul
Bachmann
Santorum

Not much to choose from

And a piss-poor economy Leftwingpinger wishes to support because HE is a Gubmint employee after all...He's protecting his own ass.

Make that a proud Government Employee!

LOL

the claim is that gays are denied rights. They are not. When you go to marry no one asks you your sexual orientation. Ergo there is no discrimination.
I realize the argumetn is so simple that it seems like it must be wrong to chowderheads like you. But it really is that simple.

Their argument is in regard to employee benefits as it relates to traditional marriage between a MAN, and a woman...this is the crux of their beef.

Forum List

Back