Huckabee Backs Denying Abortion To 10-Year-Old Raped By Stepfather

^^^ What you ask about here in my opinion is not the same thing compared to scoring a marriage license. Kim was not trying to stop them people from doing things that can't go undone. People have to eat, go to the bathroom, etc. Having to go to a certain place for a marriage license is not a detriment to their well being like not eating and going to the bathroom is. It isn't as imperative as things that have to be done in order to stay alive like eating and going to the bathroom are.

God bless you and Kim always!!!

Holly

It's a matter of civil rights & equal protection under the law per the 14th amendment.

Equal Protection: An Overview
The Equal Protection Clause of the 14th amendment of the U.S. Constitution prohibits states from denying any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. See U.S. Const. amend. XIV. In other words, the laws of a state must treat an individual in the same manner as others in similar conditions and circumstances. A violation would occur, for example, if a state prohibited an individual from entering into an employment contract because he or she was a member of a particular race. The equal protection clause is not intended to provide "equality" among individuals or classes but only "equal application" of the laws. The result, therefore, of a law is not relevant so long as there is no discrimination in its application. By denying states the ability to discriminate, the equal protection clause of the Constitution is crucial to the protection of civil rights.
Equal Protection | Wex Legal Dictionary / Encyclopedia | LII / Legal Information Institute

Just substitute the word 'individual' for 'homosexual' & 'employment contract' for 'marriage license' In this situation Kim Davis is the 'State' because she is employed by & is an agent working on behalf of the 'State'.

Now tell me again why it's somehow different because it's not about eating or having bathroom privileges? Next will you be using the 'separate but equal' argument?

^^^ People don't have to get married in order to stay alive and to remain healthy, but they do have to eat and go to the bathroom in order to be those two things. Do you see a difference now? Compared to eating and going to the bathroom, getting married is an optional choice of action.

^^^ What you ask about here in my opinion is not the same thing compared to scoring a marriage license. Kim was not trying to stop them people from doing things that can't go undone. People have to eat, go to the bathroom, etc. Having to go to a certain place for a marriage license is not a detriment to their well being like not eating and going to the bathroom is. It isn't as imperative as things that have to be done in order to stay alive like eating and going to the bathroom are.

Holly
Kim's job was to provide a marriage license to a couple legally filing for one, not her own morals, which are pretty low anyway given she's had 4 marriages and 2 bastard children.
So she wasn't doing her job the way that so many people think that it should be done now. That was still not reason enough to throw her in jail. It wasn't like she was stealing or killed anyone. Losing her job would have been enough.

God bless you two always!!!

Holly

^^^ People don't have to get married in order to stay alive and to remain healthy, but they do have to eat and go to the bathroom in order to be those two things. Do you see a difference now? Compared to eating and going to the bathroom, getting married is an optional choice of action.

Holly
Kim's job was to provide a marriage license to a couple legally filing for one, not her own morals, which are pretty low anyway given she's had 4 marriages and 2 bastard children.
So she wasn't doing her job the way that so many people think that it should be done now. That was still not reason enough to throw her in jail. It wasn't like she was stealing or killed anyone.

Holly

You aren't seeing the forest for the trees. Forget about the damn 'eating & bathroom' analogy. The BIGGER PICTURE is if anybody else cannot be denied a marriage license, that has to include gays. Black people cannot be denied a marriage license, based on the color of their skin ( or an interracial couple... anymore) because why???? That would be discrimination, that's why. IT has zero to do with eating or bodily functions, right?

And, if she is collecting a paycheck but is in dereliction of her duties as an agent of the State, then she is indeed stealing.

^^^ Oh well. Just like her, there is no swaying me of what I stand for.

Holly

P.S. Oh and if everyone who thinks like her was jailed for thinking like her, what room would there be for those who really need to be in jail, like those who kill, rape, steal, set fires, molest, etc.? Oh yeah, yee-haw, that is right. None.

Holly

P.S. Oh and if everyone who thinks like her was jailed for thinking like her, what room would there be for those who really need to be in jail, like those who kill, rape, steal, set fires, molest, etc.? Oh yeah, yee-haw, that is right. None.

LOL... a little later than I thought- but like I said, no surprise. You should include that in your generic 'bless you' response... it's become so routine.

Holly
So she wasn't doing her job the way that so many people think that it should be done now. That was still not reason enough to throw her in jail. It wasn't like she was stealing or killed anyone. Losing her job would have been enough.

Holly
Wrong. She wasn't doing her job according to the law, which she swore to uphold. Her personal religious beliefs do not decide who can or cannot get married.

^^^ Which is why her job is the only thing that she should have lost if she had to lose anything.

Holly

LOL... a little later than I thought- but like I said, no surprise. You should include that in your generic 'bless you' response... it's become so routine.
I'll decide what I choose to say to anyone, thank you very much.

Holly

^^^ Which is why her job is the only thing that she should have lost if she had to lose anything.

Holly

I'll decide what I choose to say to anyone, thank you very much.

Holly

Did I say you couldn't?

No.... no I did not.

Thank YOU very much.

I do like that graphic in your message. Cherry Coke is what I'd be drinking. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

LqCoPf9.jpg

^^^ Yum! To me, there is no better drink! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I just wish that it was caffeine free. Then I wouldn't have to worry about it keeping me up all night. :( :( :(

^^^ Yum! To me, there is no better drink! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I just wish that it was caffeine free. Then I wouldn't have to worry about it keeping me up all night. :( :( :(

Ya, I can't drink any thing caffeinated past noon time, or it affects me like that.

Holly

I am sure they wish they could jail you for having faith as well.... thus judge should be ejected from the bench and his law license revoked.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Holly

Holly
Wrong. She wasn't doing her job according to the law, which she swore to uphold. Her personal religious beliefs do not decide who can or cannot get married.
There is no law . Just a court edict. Talk to me again when congress makes the law

Holly

Holly
There is no law . Just a court edict. Talk to me again when congress makes the law

She violated her oath of office ....

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth, and be faithful and true to the Commonwealth of Kentucky so long as I continue a citizen thereof, and that I will faithfully execute, to the best of my ability, the office of _______ according to law; and I do further solemnly swear (or affirm) that since the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons within this State nor out of it, nor have I sent or accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons, nor have I acted as second in carrying a challenge, nor aided or assisted any person thus offending, so help me God."

... and the U.S. Supreme Court decided that gay marriages are indeed Constitutional. She has zero standing to overrule a Supreme Court decision simply because she believes they rendered the wrong decision. We are a nation of laws, not anarchy.

Even worse for her eternal existance in the Lord's grace -- she swore to G-d that she would support the Constitution.

She broke that swear. :ack-1: G-d will not be pleased with her. :eusa_naughty:

Holly

Holly

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth, and be faithful and true to the Commonwealth of Kentucky so long as I continue a citizen thereof, and that I will faithfully execute, to the best of my ability, the office of _______ according to law; and I do further solemnly swear (or affirm) that since the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons within this State nor out of it, nor have I sent or accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons, nor have I acted as second in carrying a challenge, nor aided or assisted any person thus offending, so help me God."

... and the U.S. Supreme Court decided that gay marriages are indeed Constitutional. She has zero standing to overrule a Supreme Court decision simply because she believes they rendered the wrong decision. We are a nation of laws, not anarchy.

Even worse for her eternal existance in the Lord's grace -- she swore to G-d that she would support the Constitution.

Hey dumb fuck licenses are not in the Constitution

Holly

You cannot be legally married under the law unless you have a license from the State.

The State is the government.

The county clerk's office is an entity of the government.

Davis is an agent working on behalf of the State.

There is a Wall that separates Church & State.

Within the walls of the State, an agent performing the duties on behalf of the State cannot interject personal religious beliefs when carrying out those duties.

Get it Cletus?

Follow the bouncing ball, Cletus.

You have no legal leg to stand on Cletus.

And neither does Kim Davis.

Holly

Too crazy as usual. :cuckoo:

The right to marry has been affirmed in every court ruling on such matters. Marriage is the legal union of two people, which is recognized by the state by the issuance of a marriage license. If a state refuses to issue a marriage license, they are refusing to recognize said marriage as legal and binding, which any state can do as long as their reason is not in violation of their own Constitution or the U.S. Constitution. The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that same-sex marriages are Constitutional and that no state in the union can ban them.

You don't have to like it .... you don't even understand it .... but you do have to live with it.

:dance:

Forum List

Back