HRC Condemns Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant’s Statement of Support for LGBT Adoption Ban

A bit of reference about the adoption process (this ones from Florida, first one that came up and I'm tired, but feel free to look at others of course)

"Once you decide to pursue adoption, you will begin a mutual approval process. The specific process may vary slightly in different parts of the state. Overall, the purpose of this process is twofold: to help prospective adoptive parents decide whether they truly want to adopt a foster child and for the department to evaluate prospective adoptive parents. Not everyone who completes the process will be approved to adopt.

Early in the process every prospective adoptive parent must complete the Model Approach to Partnerships in Parenting (MAPP) training. The class usually meets once a week for 10 weeks. During this time you will explore the issues of adoption and decide if you really want to adopt and, if so, whether you would like to become a family for an older child, a group of brothers and sisters, or a younger child with medical needs.

Case workers will visit your home one or more times to do a home study to help determine if you would be a good prospective parent for a foster child and which child might fit you family. They will interview you and your spouse, if you have one, and your children if you have any.

The kinds of topics you will discuss include:

· Why you want to adopt a child

· What your childhood was like

· Your marriage (if applicable)

· Your lifestyle and how it would accommodate a child

· Your finances

· Your parenting philosophy

· You support system

As part of the home study, the case worker will contact your friends, relatives and employers for character references.

You will be asked to see your doctor for a physical examination to determine your state of health, and your doctor will be asked to supply your medical records for the past two years.

When your application has been approved, your name will join a pool of waiting families. The task of the adoption staff is to match the strengths of the family with the needs of the child. In order to get better acquainted with the children in need of a foster home, you may attend department-sponsored events with children seeking families or look at the Children in Waiting brochures or the department's adoption homepage on the Internet at Florida Department of Children and Families, Explore Adoption.

When a "match" between your family and a child has been made, we will provide you with information and a picture of the child. When you decide you want to meet the child, the adoption counselor will arrange it for you. If you feel you and the child are right for each other, you will visit together several times until everyone is comfortable, and then the child will come to live with your family. To ensure everyone is happy with the adoption, there is a three month "adjustment" period before the adoption is complete.

The process will be over when you finalize the adoption before a judge. Your child will receive a new birth certificate with his or her new last name on it - yours. Then you and your child are a family in the eyes of the law." ~ Florida's Adoption Information Guide

Yeah, you're a Republican. Bullshit you fucking lying asshole.

Jerkoff Fakey is a republicrat, in fact he is the epitome of a republicrat. He shares nothing with the GOP base as far as principles go, but how many republicrats do? In fact what "principles" do republicrats have?

"Smaller government"?

Government ballooned under Bush43 and bed wetters like Fakey called his supporters "reactionaries" as if they knew what the word meant.

"Fiscal restraint"?

The republicrats pledged to roll back the insane levels of spending that the meat puppet queer demanded and barely put a dent in it, while regressive pukes like Jerkoff Fakey and the rest of the libturd parasites pretend their moonbat messiah never promised to cut the debt in half.

"My GOP"

Voted for Ted Cruz, who would leave it up to the states to decide if perverts can adopt children or get "married", if abortion can be a form of government funded birth control, if people can smoke pot wherever they like, and if sloths can drain a state treasury through welfare entitlements.

These queer issues irritate me because they are so fucking insignificant to the real problems we face today, and regressive pinheads like the turd who calls himself a "progressive patriot" (as if a soviet apparatchik could actually be a patriot) pretend that America didn't become an economic behemoth when government was restrained by the Constitution and our culture was regulated by a moral standard. The looser the morals became, and the more the government has grown, the less prosperity and freedom we have.

Fuck Jerkoff Fakey. and Fuck RegressiveTroglodyte.

Children are waiting for the right family. Could that be you? LGBT Adoption and Fostering Week (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender)
View attachment 66422

Are you Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender and considering adopting or fostering? If so, LGBT Adoption & Fostering Week website is a great place to start.

LGBT Adoption & Fostering Week is run by New Family Social, the UK support group for LGBT adopters and foster carers. Each spring, agencies across the UK hold events specifically for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender prospective parents. Read about past events and a wide range of articles and interviews in the "News" section.

You can find information all-year-round about adoption events happening in your area, as well as agencies that subscribe to New Family Social, by clicking below:

Get over it bitch!

LGBT people adopting wouldn't be the right place to put them.

Jerkoff Fakey is a republicrat, in fact he is the epitome of a republicrat. He shares nothing with the GOP base as far as principles go, but how many republicrats do? In fact what "principles" do republicrats have?

"Smaller government"?

Government ballooned under Bush43 and bed wetters like Fakey called his supporters "reactionaries" as if they knew what the word meant.

"Fiscal restraint"?

The republicrats pledged to roll back the insane levels of spending that the meat puppet queer demanded and barely put a dent in it, while regressive pukes like Jerkoff Fakey and the rest of the libturd parasites pretend their moonbat messiah never promised to cut the debt in half.

"My GOP"

Voted for Ted Cruz, who would leave it up to the states to decide if perverts can adopt children or get "married", if abortion can be a form of government funded birth control, if people can smoke pot wherever they like, and if sloths can drain a state treasury through welfare entitlements.

These queer issues irritate me because they are so fucking insignificant to the real problems we face today, and regressive pinheads like the turd who calls himself a "progressive patriot" (as if a soviet apparatchik could actually be a patriot) pretend that America didn't become an economic behemoth when government was restrained by the Constitution and our culture was regulated by a moral standard. The looser the morals became, and the more the government has grown, the less prosperity and freedom we have.

I'm not going to deal with most of this horseshit here because it is irrelevant to the thread and off topic. I will just focus on one of your pathetically ignorant assertions. Cruz said that he would leave the issue of marriage to the states for which he was derided by Huckabee for being to liberal. As far as I know, he said nothing about adoption. For your information, states have been deciding on adoption by gays all along and most states do allow gays to adopt.

While some states outright ban adoption by gay couples, other states have laws that do not expressly prevent adoption, but may make it hard or impossible for same-sex couples to complete the adoption process. Still other states do not allow gay couples to adopt, but have no prohibitions on a single gay person adopting

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/info_7875436_states-allow-gay-adoption.html#ixzz2vklNkZ3B

http://www.ehow.com/info_7875436_states-allow-gay-adoption.html

It's apparent that your woefully uninformed on the topic. In addition, children benefit when their gay parents are able to marry and adopt and those who opposes that are the real perverts:

CHILDREN WILL WIN THE FIGHT FOR SAME SEX MARRIAGE AND ADOPTION BY GAYS!

While marriage equality for gay and lesbian people is making astounding advances and is likely to be the law of the land by next June, there are still many who are resisting the inevitable. Opponents of equality are at the end of their legal rope, with every argument ever devised having been decimated by the courts. The most egregious of those arguments is that gay people make bad parents, that children should have a mom and a dad, and that they do less well when they don’t. All of that has been debunked numerous times but that is not the focus of this post. Rather, it is that like it or not, for better or worse, gay people do and will continue to have children in their care and when we allow discrimination against those gay parents, we penalize the children.

Extract from Kennedy's Windsor Opinion - The differentiation demeans the couple, whose moral and sexual choices the Constitution protects, see Lawrence, 539 U. S. 558 , and whose relationship the State has sought to dignify. And it humiliates tens of thousands of children now being raised by same-sex couples. The law in question makes it even more difficult for the children to understand the integrity and closeness of their own family and its concord with other families in their community and in their daily lives. ... DOMA also brings financial harm to children of same-sex couples. It raises the cost of health care for families by taxing health benefits provided by employers to their workers’ same-sex spouses. See 26 U. S. C. §106; Treas. Reg. §1.106–1, 26 CFR §1.106–1 (2012); IRS Private Letter Ruling 9850011 (Sept. 10, 199. And it denies or re- duces benefits allowed to families upon the loss of a spouse and parent, benefits that are an integral part of family security. See Social Security Administration, Social Security Survivors Benefits 5 (2012) (benefits available to a surviving spouse caring for the couple’s child), online at http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10084.pdf.

Marriage Equality and adoption…The Right Thing to do For The Children By Progressive Patriot 9.12.14

People who use children to assail gay marriage and adoption either have not given much thought to the down side of these bans-or – are being intellectually dishonest in saying that they take their position on behalf of the children which they really care little about.

It is a logical fallacy-an appeal to ignorance if you will to insist that same sex marriage and adoption of children by gays will be detrimental to those children, and that society as a whole, will somehow be harmed by these arrangements. Many will take the position that children are entitled to a “mom and a dad” That may be so but the reality is that many people in this life do not have everything that they are entitled to. There are many children without both a mother and a father, and some without either. Banning gay marriage and adoption is not going to change that.

Children also have a right to a stable, nurturing and permanent home and it is well established that that goal can be realized in a variety of family structures. The NJ Department of Families and Children-the public agency charged with the responsibility of finding adoptive homes for children –states, in part, on their web site that no one will be denied the opportunity to adopt based on sexual orientation. In fact, the Department’s Division of Child Protection and Permanency (formerly DYFS) has been placing children for adoption with gay and lesbian people- those who are single and those who are in a relationship- for decades with good outcomes for the children. And there are many, many more who still need homes while there is a dearth of people willing and able to adopt them. I know this because I worked in the foster care and adoption field in New Jersey for 26 years. I might add that children who are placed for adoption are already in a situation where they have neither a mother nor a father available to them. To imply that that a child would better off languishing in the foster care system as a ward of the state, than to be adopted into a nontraditional family is beyond absurd.

Furthermore, the vast majority of child psychologists will tell you that there are far more important factors that impact a child’s development than the gender or sexual orientation of the parents. No doubt that one could dredge up research studies that claim to prove that gay parenting is harmful. However, well established organizations like the American Psychological Association take the position that gay and lesbian parents are just as capable of rearing emotionally healthy children as anyone else. Yet even if family composition was, as some purport, a critical factor in children’s development, the fact is that there are and will always be children in non-traditional living situations where they do not have a mother and a father. Like it or not, it is also a fact that gay and lesbian people have children, be it from a prior relationship, adoption, or surrogacy.

Denying gay and lesbians the opportunity to marry does nothing to ensure that any greater number of children will have a home with a mother and a father. All that will be accomplished will be to deny numerous children the legal rights, protections, status and stability that comes with having married parents. And, to deny gays the ability to adopt will only ensure that more children will have neither a mother nor a father. Everyone is entitled to their moral views and religious beliefs but it is disingenuous and opprobrious to use children as pawns in the lost fight against equality by bloviating about how children would be harmed by it. While single people can be great parents, the benefits to children of having two parents is undeniable

The benefits to children of allowing two people who are in a committed relationship to be married are obvious for anyone willing to look at the issue objectively. Those who truly care about children should be willing to open all of the possible pathways for them to be adopted and to have married parents when possible.

So shut the fuck up until you get an education and are able to understand what you're talking about.

Children adopted by freak LGBT lose when they are. Why do you want them to be losers?

"More and more birthparents are choosing to place their children with same-sex couples, thus giving gay and lesbian adoptive parents an advantage, and making the process quicker." JS

Who in their right mind would let fags raise a kid? Nature is nature, you can't think it away.
Listen Weasel, Only an idiot wouldn't know that millions of kids have been and are being raised by gay people and they are doing very well. I would guess that they are doing a lot better than those being raised by ignorant bigots. Get the hell off of my thread unless you have something reasonable and intelligent to say.:banned03:
Patriot, I agree with you. I know of Lesbian Moms who are great parents to their son. Too bad people paint with a wide brush.
They may be but nature is still nature. Male/female parents is how the animal kingdom works. Kids need both, genders are different for a reason.
Many kids don't get both parents mostly because of heterosexuals.

So nature is indeed nature.
WTF? Do you have any understanding of how mammals reproduce?

Just for the record I'm LGBT and while I admit I find sex an enjoyable part of my life, it certainly isn't the center of my existence. If anything is the center of my life it's my children so the implied idea that LGBT's don't care about their kids is flat out BS.
Pete is seriously disturbed and not very bright. Not worth bothering with anymore.

A bit of reference about the adoption process (this ones from Florida, first one that came up and I'm tired, but feel free to look at others of course)

"Once you decide to pursue adoption, you will begin a mutual approval process. The specific process may vary slightly in different parts of the state. Overall, the purpose of this process is twofold: to help prospective adoptive parents decide whether they truly want to adopt a foster child and for the department to evaluate prospective adoptive parents. Not everyone who completes the process will be approved to adopt.

Early in the process every prospective adoptive parent must complete the Model Approach to Partnerships in Parenting (MAPP) training. The class usually meets once a week for 10 weeks. During this time you will explore the issues of adoption and decide if you really want to adopt and, if so, whether you would like to become a family for an older child, a group of brothers and sisters, or a younger child with medical needs.

Case workers will visit your home one or more times to do a home study to help determine if you would be a good prospective parent for a foster child and which child might fit you family. They will interview you and your spouse, if you have one, and your children if you have any.

The kinds of topics you will discuss include:

· Why you want to adopt a child

· What your childhood was like

· Your marriage (if applicable)

· Your lifestyle and how it would accommodate a child

· Your finances

· Your parenting philosophy

· You support system

As part of the home study, the case worker will contact your friends, relatives and employers for character references.

You will be asked to see your doctor for a physical examination to determine your state of health, and your doctor will be asked to supply your medical records for the past two years.

When your application has been approved, your name will join a pool of waiting families. The task of the adoption staff is to match the strengths of the family with the needs of the child. In order to get better acquainted with the children in need of a foster home, you may attend department-sponsored events with children seeking families or look at the Children in Waiting brochures or the department's adoption homepage on the Internet at Florida Department of Children and Families, Explore Adoption.

When a "match" between your family and a child has been made, we will provide you with information and a picture of the child. When you decide you want to meet the child, the adoption counselor will arrange it for you. If you feel you and the child are right for each other, you will visit together several times until everyone is comfortable, and then the child will come to live with your family. To ensure everyone is happy with the adoption, there is a three month "adjustment" period before the adoption is complete.

The process will be over when you finalize the adoption before a judge. Your child will receive a new birth certificate with his or her new last name on it - yours. Then you and your child are a family in the eyes of the law." ~ Florida's Adoption Information Guide
Thank you very much for that! You apparently know a lot about the process. I worked in child welfare for many years and was involved in the foster care and adoption system as well as child protective services. New Jersey, where I am, was the first state to allow joint adoption by same sex couples (1997) and it was never a major issue here. Pete could learn something from your post but wont even read it, I'm sure.

"Smaller government"?

"Fiscal restraint"?

"My GOP"

I'm not going to deal with most of this horseshit here because it is irrelevant to the thread and off topic. I will just focus on one of your pathetically ignorant assertions. Cruz said that he would leave the issue of marriage to the states for which he was derided by Huckabee for being to liberal. As far as I know, he said nothing about adoption. For your information, states have been deciding on adoption by gays all along and most states do allow gays to adopt.

While some states outright ban adoption by gay couples, other states have laws that do not expressly prevent adoption, but may make it hard or impossible for same-sex couples to complete the adoption process. Still other states do not allow gay couples to adopt, but have no prohibitions on a single gay person adopting

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/info_7875436_states-allow-gay-adoption.html#ixzz2vklNkZ3B

It's apparent that your woefully uninformed on the topic. In addition, children benefit when their gay parents are able to marry and adopt and those who opposes that are the real perverts:

While marriage equality for gay and lesbian people is making astounding advances and is likely to be the law of the land by next June, there are still many who are resisting the inevitable. Opponents of equality are at the end of their legal rope, with every argument ever devised having been decimated by the courts. The most egregious of those arguments is that gay people make bad parents, that children should have a mom and a dad, and that they do less well when they don’t. All of that has been debunked numerous times but that is not the focus of this post. Rather, it is that like it or not, for better or worse, gay people do and will continue to have children in their care and when we allow discrimination against those gay parents, we penalize the children.

Extract from Kennedy's Windsor Opinion - The differentiation demeans the couple, whose moral and sexual choices the Constitution protects, see Lawrence, 539 U. S. 558 , and whose relationship the State has sought to dignify. And it humiliates tens of thousands of children now being raised by same-sex couples. The law in question makes it even more difficult for the children to understand the integrity and closeness of their own family and its concord with other families in their community and in their daily lives. ... DOMA also brings financial harm to children of same-sex couples. It raises the cost of health care for families by taxing health benefits provided by employers to their workers’ same-sex spouses. See 26 U. S. C. §106; Treas. Reg. §1.106–1, 26 CFR §1.106–1 (2012); IRS Private Letter Ruling 9850011 (Sept. 10, 199. And it denies or re- duces benefits allowed to families upon the loss of a spouse and parent, benefits that are an integral part of family security. See Social Security Administration, Social Security Survivors Benefits 5 (2012) (benefits available to a surviving spouse caring for the couple’s child), online at http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10084.pdf.

Marriage Equality and adoption…The Right Thing to do For The Children By Progressive Patriot 9.12.14

People who use children to assail gay marriage and adoption either have not given much thought to the down side of these bans-or – are being intellectually dishonest in saying that they take their position on behalf of the children which they really care little about.

It is a logical fallacy-an appeal to ignorance if you will to insist that same sex marriage and adoption of children by gays will be detrimental to those children, and that society as a whole, will somehow be harmed by these arrangements. Many will take the position that children are entitled to a “mom and a dad” That may be so but the reality is that many people in this life do not have everything that they are entitled to. There are many children without both a mother and a father, and some without either. Banning gay marriage and adoption is not going to change that.

Children also have a right to a stable, nurturing and permanent home and it is well established that that goal can be realized in a variety of family structures. The NJ Department of Families and Children-the public agency charged with the responsibility of finding adoptive homes for children –states, in part, on their web site that no one will be denied the opportunity to adopt based on sexual orientation. In fact, the Department’s Division of Child Protection and Permanency (formerly DYFS) has been placing children for adoption with gay and lesbian people- those who are single and those who are in a relationship- for decades with good outcomes for the children. And there are many, many more who still need homes while there is a dearth of people willing and able to adopt them. I know this because I worked in the foster care and adoption field in New Jersey for 26 years. I might add that children who are placed for adoption are already in a situation where they have neither a mother nor a father available to them. To imply that that a child would better off languishing in the foster care system as a ward of the state, than to be adopted into a nontraditional family is beyond absurd.

Furthermore, the vast majority of child psychologists will tell you that there are far more important factors that impact a child’s development than the gender or sexual orientation of the parents. No doubt that one could dredge up research studies that claim to prove that gay parenting is harmful. However, well established organizations like the American Psychological Association take the position that gay and lesbian parents are just as capable of rearing emotionally healthy children as anyone else. Yet even if family composition was, as some purport, a critical factor in children’s development, the fact is that there are and will always be children in non-traditional living situations where they do not have a mother and a father. Like it or not, it is also a fact that gay and lesbian people have children, be it from a prior relationship, adoption, or surrogacy.

Denying gay and lesbians the opportunity to marry does nothing to ensure that any greater number of children will have a home with a mother and a father. All that will be accomplished will be to deny numerous children the legal rights, protections, status and stability that comes with having married parents. And, to deny gays the ability to adopt will only ensure that more children will have neither a mother nor a father. Everyone is entitled to their moral views and religious beliefs but it is disingenuous and opprobrious to use children as pawns in the lost fight against equality by bloviating about how children would be harmed by it. While single people can be great parents, the benefits to children of having two parents is undeniable

The benefits to children of allowing two people who are in a committed relationship to be married are obvious for anyone willing to look at the issue objectively. Those who truly care about children should be willing to open all of the possible pathways for them to be adopted and to have married parents when possible.

So shut the fuck up until you get an education and are able to understand what you're talking about.

Children adopted by freak LGBT lose when they are. Why do you want them to be losers?
You are an ignorant and hateful ass who is too blinded by your fear and bigotry to ever learn anything new. Gay people have been adopting children for decades and it works- for the kids and the parents. Wake up! This is the modern world. It's reality. Get used to it or crawl back under your rock and shut the fuck up.

HISTORIC Filibuster to Stop Anti-LGBT Legislative Assault in Missouri http://www.hrc.org/blog/historic-filibuster-to-stop-anti-lgbt-legislative-assault-in-missouri

SJR 39 goes far beyond protecting the right of free exercise of one’s religion. While shrouded in language framed as prohibiting the state government from making funding or tax status decisions based on an organization’s views on marriage that are driven by religious belief, in reality it opens the door to discrimination against same-sex couples, their families, and those who love them.

If voted into law, LGBT people and their families could suddenly find themselves at risk of being denied many basic services. Taxpayer funded foster care providers and adoption agencies could refuse to place children in need of loving homes with same-sex couples. Taxpayer funded homeless shelters could turn away LGBT couples and their families. The legislation would have reckless intended and unintended consequences.

The resolution addresses no real problem in the state as no federal or state law requires religious organizations or clergy to sanction or perform same-sex marriages.

ALL adoptions are vetted. It's not like the adoption agencies are handing out stray kids to just anyone. Everyone has to show the adoption agency that they are fit parents and can provide for the kido - emotionally, mentally, and financially at most, if not all of them.

I'm afraid your perception of LGBT's is colored. I have tons of LGBT friends, and tons of Christian friends as well (my state is 70% Christian, and most of the non-Christians are Native Alaskan's in the bush). There is really no difference between LGBT's and Christian's in typical conversation and activity; neither side is trying to "convert" anyone - this stuff really doesn't come up without specific questioning. Many of my buddies and I enjoy psychological conversations and when these ideological differences do come up, there is an understanding and kind of "acceptance of free will," for lack of a better way of putting it, a respect for each other despite their disagreement. For example, when one of my gay friends had cancer my Christian friend said she would pray for him - he took no offence to this because it wasn't a "political/religious debate," but rather it was a caring statement between friends; nothing more, nothing less. I personally have Christian friends who express regret that I am agnostic, not because they want to convert me (they know better than that,) but because they are genuinely concerned for my "afterlife" - and despite my strong dislike for organized religion (or more precisely the abuses of the leaders of organized religion), I do not take offence to their regret, I see such statements as it is intended by them - that is what they believe is best for me, and I can accept their sentiment at face value, even while disbelieving it.

To me, and I suspect most of my friends on both sides of this particular fence, our friendship is not based upon being exactly the same, but rather the differences between us. These are the things that make our conversations interesting - how utterly boring and pointless our interactions would be if we all agreed upon everything.

Most of the gays I've known were the sort that were consumed by it, wanted you to not only know they were queer but act as if it made them better people. Those are they type that disgust pretty much everyone. In one case there was a history of child abuse the bastard should have went to prison for.

They gays I've known that kept it to themselves are fine people. That handful were as normal as anyone, and their lifestyle was something you found out about, not something shoved in your face with a demand of acceptance.

ALL adoptions are vetted. It's not like the adoption agencies are handing out stray kids to just anyone. Everyone has to show the adoption agency that they are fit parents and can provide for the kido - emotionally, mentally, and financially at most, if not all of them.

I'm afraid your perception of LGBT's is colored. I have tons of LGBT friends, and tons of Christian friends as well (my state is 70% Christian, and most of the non-Christians are Native Alaskan's in the bush). There is really no difference between LGBT's and Christian's in typical conversation and activity; neither side is trying to "convert" anyone - this stuff really doesn't come up without specific questioning. Many of my buddies and I enjoy psychological conversations and when these ideological differences do come up, there is an understanding and kind of "acceptance of free will," for lack of a better way of putting it, a respect for each other despite their disagreement. For example, when one of my gay friends had cancer my Christian friend said she would pray for him - he took no offence to this because it wasn't a "political/religious debate," but rather it was a caring statement between friends; nothing more, nothing less. I personally have Christian friends who express regret that I am agnostic, not because they want to convert me (they know better than that,) but because they are genuinely concerned for my "afterlife" - and despite my strong dislike for organized religion (or more precisely the abuses of the leaders of organized religion), I do not take offence to their regret, I see such statements as it is intended by them - that is what they believe is best for me, and I can accept their sentiment at face value, even while disbelieving it.

To me, and I suspect most of my friends on both sides of this particular fence, our friendship is not based upon being exactly the same, but rather the differences between us. These are the things that make our conversations interesting - how utterly boring and pointless our interactions would be if we all agreed upon everything.

Most of the gays I've known were the sort that were consumed by it, wanted you to not only know they were queer but act as if it made them better people. Those are they type that disgust pretty much everyone. In one case there was a history of child abuse the bastard should have went to prison for.

They gays I've known that kept it to themselves are fine people. That handful were as normal as anyone, and their lifestyle was something you found out about, not something shoved in your face with a demand of acceptance.

Most of the gays you've known? How many gays is that? You run in the same circles as flamboyant gay men? Hummm. I have to wonder how many would want to know you, or if you could actually relate to a gay person as a human being.

And drop that ignorant horseshit about child abuse. The vast majority of abusers are hetro men.

Those who "keep it to themselves" are "fine people" ? Translation: Slink back into the closet and deny your real identity. You don't mind shoving your bigotry in other's faces- you even relish it. Why else would you even be here? Why should you be allowed to express yourself while gays have to hide who they are. That is just fucking stupid!

"Smaller government"?

"Fiscal restraint"?

"My GOP"

You are an ignorant and hateful ass who is too blinded by your fear and bigotry to ever learn anything new. Gay people have been adopting children for decades and it works- for the kids and the parents. Wake up! This is the modern world. It's reality. Get used to it or crawl back under your rock and shut the fuck up.

I'm too smart to fall for the stupid shit you apparently have fallen for.

I'll shut the fuck up when you can enforce the demand. Until then, I'll continue to educate people how freaks shouldn't adopt and ruin kids.

Most of the gays you've known? How many gays is that? You run in the same circles as flamboyant gay men? Hummm. I have to wonder how many would want to know you, or if you could actually relate to a gay person as a human being.

And drop that ignorant horseshit about child abuse. The vast majority of abusers are hetro men.

Those who "keep it to themselves" are "fine people" ? Translation: Slink back into the closet and deny your real identity. You don't mind shoving your bigotry in other's faces- you even relish it. Why else would you even be here? Why should you be allowed to express yourself while gays have to hide who they are. That is just fucking stupid!

He probably doesn't know as many as you've let stick it in your ass.

RegressiveParasite keeps saying he's done with me, yet continues to make us laugh defending indefensible arguments about sexual deviants adopting kids. As I've said though, this is just one more moonbat policy designed to undermine the moral fabric of the country. It's really a low priority issue considering how the meat puppet faggot is spending us into oblivion after he pissed and moaned for 2 years in the senate and campaign trail about the Bush debt. He has since doubled the debt, spending more than all previous presidents and all he has to show for it is decline and stagnation.

So I really don't care if queers get "married" and adopt children. I don't like it, but it's a moot issue when the entire country is getting flushed down the shitter by the sorts of criminally insane sociopaths oxygen thieves like RegressiveParasite elect.

RegressiveParasite keeps saying he's done with me, yet continues to make us laugh defending indefensible arguments about sexual deviants adopting kids. As I've said though, this is just one more moonbat policy designed to undermine the moral fabric of the country. It's really a low priority issue considering how the meat puppet faggot is spending us into oblivion after he pissed and moaned for 2 years in the senate and campaign trail about the Bush debt. He has since doubled the debt, spending more than all previous presidents and all he has to show for it is decline and stagnation.

So I really don't care if queers get "married" and adopt children. I don't like it, but it's a moot issue when the entire country is getting flushed down the shitter by the sorts of criminally insane sociopaths oxygen thieves like RegressiveParasite elect.

A final word to all of the low life bigots who shamelessly use propaganda about children in their failed war on equality

There were an estimated 300,000 to 500,000 gay and lesbian biological parents in 1976. In 1990, an estimated 6 to 14 million children have gay or lesbian parents.

Latest statistics from the U.S. Census 2000, the National Survey of Family Growth (2002), and the Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System (2004) include:

• An estimated two million LGLB people are interested in adopting.
  • An estimated 65,500 adopted children are living with a lesbian or gay parent.
  • More than 16,000 adopted children are living with lesbian and gay parents in California, the highest number among the states.
  • Gay and lesbian parents are raising four percent of all adopted children in the United States.
  • Adopted children with same-sex parents are younger and more likely to be foreign born.
http://adoption.about.com/od/gaylesbian/f/gayparents.htm

In addition, adoption is legal is 49 states. Generally, acceptance of gay and lesbian adoption has been way out in front of same sex marriage. In some states, it has been occurring for decades.

Given these numbers, please answer the following questions:

1. If children who are in the care of gay people are at risk of abuse or having developmental/ adjustment issues why have the states been allowing this for so long?

2. If mistreatment of children by gays was prevalent, why are we not hearing horror stories and seeing headlines about this on a regular basis ?

3. Why have we not been seeing large numbers of adults who had been children of gays coming forward to speak out against gay parenting?

Claims that gay parenting is harmful to children are bogus and stupid.

"Smaller government"?

"Fiscal restraint"?

"My GOP"

I'm too smart to fall for the stupid shit you apparently have fallen for.

I'll shut the fuck up when you can enforce the demand. Until then, I'll continue to educate people how freaks shouldn't adopt and ruin kids.

For many, LGBT adoption is still a new concept, and society’s image of a “perfect” family includes a mother and a father of opposite sexes. However, this is a just a stereotype. Today, more and more gay and lesbian couples are becoming parents, whether through artificial insemination, a surrogate or LGBT adoption. LifeLong Adoptions caters to heterosexual couples, single parents and gay & lesbian families. http://www.lifelongadoptions.com/lgbt-adoption/lgbt-adoption-facts

The push against gay, lesbian, and same-sex couple adoption is more about gay discrimination than child welfare. So, before you buy into the myths and rhetoric that gay adoption poses an unsafe environment for children or that a gay household is a "recruitment center" for young adults, the facts those against same-sex adoption aren't telling you:

• There are already thousands of children living in gay couple households. The 2000 U. S. Census reports 33% of female same-sex couple households and 22% of male same-sex couple households already have at least one child under the age of 18 living at home.

http://gaylife.about.com/od/gayparentingadoption/a/gayadoptionstat.htm

In 2008 there were 129,000 children waiting to be adopted, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services reported. In 2007, the Urban Institute reported that two million gay or lesbian individuals said they had considered adoption. A hotly debated issue in the United States is whether or not those two million interested individuals should be able to adopt the children in need. There is currently no federal law that explicitly bans or allows gays and lesbians to adopt; the decision is left up to each state.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/about_6746455_gay-lesbian-adoption.html#ixzz2vb55w73S

Who in their right mind would let fags raise a kid? Nature is nature, you can't think it away.
Listen Weasel, Only an idiot wouldn't know that millions of kids have been and are being raised by gay people and they are doing very well. I would guess that they are doing a lot better than those being raised by ignorant bigots. Get the hell off of my thread unless you have something reasonable and intelligent to say.:banned03:
Patriot, I agree with you. I know of Lesbian Moms who are great parents to their son. Too bad people paint with a wide brush.
They may be but nature is still nature. Male/female parents is how the animal kingdom works. Kids need both, genders are different for a reason.
Many kids don't get both parents mostly because of heterosexuals.

So nature is indeed nature.
WTF? Do you have any understanding of how mammals reproduce?
Yep. The father can be gone long before the child is even born. Mammals have a gestation period within the mother's womb.

If you are saying that a child with an absentee parent still has parents. Than every child that ever existed or ever will exist has that too. Even if the abults that care for them are a same sex couple.

Your moronic comment cuts against you.

It's good to see that HRC has come around to gay rights in recent years.

Forum List

Back