Hows your weather?

Rainy and cool in the Mid-Atlantic in the last week or so. Great for corn and hay if they can get around to cutting and drying it.

1713 hours 88 degrees

• Winds from the NE
  • 16 mph
  • Humidity: 45%
  • Pressure: 29.96 in
  • UV Index: 3
  • Cloud Cover: 45%
  • Ceiling: 30000 ft
  • Dew Point: 65° F
  • Visibility: 10 mi

Just checked the info and our temp today was 106 degrees. Right now, at nearly 1 am it's still in the early 70s. This state is NOT famous for cool summer weather, that's for sure.

I got up early around 4 and the temp here was in the upper 50's. We have had a lot of rain but none today. It's barely in the 60's now. Really nice and cool for June here.

Nice day yesterday, supposed to be nice today. Then very wet and cool.

Well it looks like we'll be following the pattern of the last several years: a very cool, wet start to "summer", no spring to speak of before it. Looking ahead to the 1-3 months forecasts on Climate Prediction Center, a warm, dry fall....so our "summer" will likely really begin in July and last right through mid-October.

I got up early around 4 and the temp here was in the upper 50's. We have had a lot of rain but none today. It's barely in the 60's now. Really nice and cool for June here.
This is the South, when it hot it hot hot, when it cold it cold. Nothing has ever stayed the same. Summers are in the 90s like it is now gets cooler when the Sun goes down. lot of rain that is normal. Same old stuff.

I assumed the Deep South has a warm, wet subtropical climate for much of the year? Not too different from Hawaii (except HI's winters are much warmer)? I haven't been to the South myself, I'm just taking an educated guess.

Last edited:
A lot of spring rain and cool weather in MN. All rivers still at flood stage with no wake zones in effect. Largest lake in Mpls, Lake Minnetonka is on no wake for 600 ft from shore.

Nice sunny high 70s yesterday in West Michigan, but we’ve had enough rain thus far some nut down the block is building an Ark.

Sprinkler system was turned on in mid April and I doubt it’s run 5 mornings since then, but the grass is deep green and growing like mad.

95 or so today with heat index over 100............Welcome to LA....

Lower Alabama in the summer
Same in the Mobile Bay area.
Howdy neighbor
Yep, as you know we get it all, wind, rain, Yankees, LOL, they all happen. People don't know really how we have always had the season change. The more the area grows the more we hear about the weather. I had to move from my Hometown do to the Yankees moving in the changing everything to make it like New York area. Use to be the business just shut down in the Summer, until some Yankee found out they could put Air Conditioning in the Homes. Well I am to old to move, so I guess they can have their way. I hate it. Most folk do. See ya around the boards.

95 or so today with heat index over 100............Welcome to LA....

Lower Alabama in the summer
Same in the Mobile Bay area.
Howdy neighbor
Yep, as you know we get it all, wind, rain, Yankees, LOL, they all happen. People don't know really how we have always had the season change. The more the area grows the more we hear about the weather. I had to move from my Hometown do to the Yankees moving in the changing everything to make it like New York area. Use to be the business just shut down in the Summer, until some Yankee found out they could put Air Conditioning in the Homes. Well I am to old to move, so I guess they can have their way. I hate it. Most folk do. See ya around the boards.
Weather been like this since I was a kid...........Hot as hell in the times of Frederick. The left just wants to push an agenda.......Nothing new here.

Looking pretty good for this time of year, at least until next Sunday.

upload_2019-6-23_19-53-29.png

Forum List

Back