How’s That Wind Power Working Out for You?

Go ahead, prove it crick
As soon as you show a quote of me saying that they all do. The text you provided clearly indicates I am speaking of climate scientists. The full text below is even more clear. Your dishonesty should embarrass you.

Here is my full statement from that post:

"Literary license. Obviously, the IPCC's work is assessing the conclusions of the world's climate scientists. And better than 99% of those scientists agree with the conclusions stated in the IPCC's assessment reports; indicating that climate scientists are very widely in full agreement as to the basics of AGW. Surveys of all branches of science also show very high agreement with IPCC conclusions but probably shy of the 99% mark. Tell me, what percentage of the world's scientists, either just climatologists or all of them, agree with your position on this matter?"

How do you come to conclude that you can win this silly argument by lying?

As soon as you show a quote of me saying that they all do. The text you provided clearly indicates I am speaking of climate scientists. The full text below is even more clear. Your dishonesty should embarrass you.
Semantics, It really dont matter to me, show that all climate scietists are in agreement.

You can not prove anything you believe in.

And I will dig up the other times you stated all, but go ahead and prove your tiny minority of published climate scientists agree.

Last edited:
Either way, all or a minority of actively publishing scientists, I dont care, proof is in the study. Go ahead, prove all cimate scientists agree

There is evidence that it has warmed the Earth sufficient to convince more than 99% of the scientists and scientifically educated people on the plant for over a century
There is evidence that it has warmed the Earth sufficient to convince more than 99% of the scientists and scientifically educated people on the plant for over a century

Don’t ask the birds.

Of California’s 23 vulnerable bird species studied (barn owls, golden eagles, road runners, yellow-billed cuckoos…), scientists have found 11 are now experiencing at least a 20% decline in their population growth rates because wind turbines and solar panels are killing them and/or destroying their limited-range habitat.

California’s mild-winter Mediterranean climate is home to some of Earth’s rarest bird ecosystems.

But California is also where some of the most ardent supporters of “green” energy policies reside.

Disproportionately due to California’s activist-level insistence on converting their energy infrastructure from fossil-fuel-based to renewables-based, the US as a whole has facilitated a 300% to 9,400% increase in wind and solar energy generation, respectively, from 2009 to 2019. Nation-wide, the solar power industry alone is poised to detonate from a 0.4 GW energy capacity in 2009 to 75 GW by 2025.

Scientists have discovered that if you paint one paddle on the windmill black bird deaths drop to nearly nothing?

Do you remember how many windmills there were in Holland?

Scientists have discovered that if you paint one paddle on the windmill black bird deaths drop to nearly nothing?

Do you remember how many windmills there were in Holland?
I'd heard painting one blade reduced strikes by 72% but that would certainly be worth doing and I'm surprised I haven't seen more (ANY!) so painted. Has anyone here seen a windmill with one painted black? The windmills in holland were miniscule compared to these and the speed of the blade tips a very small fraction of what modern wind turbines do. With numbers just off the top of my head, a big windmill with a 200 foot rotor would travel Pi * 400 every rotation. If it takes 3 seconds to spin once, that's almost 420 feet per second (286 mph) at the tip.

I'd heard painting one blade reduced strikes by 72% but that would certainly be worth doing and I'm surprised I haven't seen more (ANY!) so painted. Has anyone here seen a windmill with one painted black? The windmills in holland were miniscule compared to these and the speed of the blade tips a very small fraction of what modern wind turbines do. With numbers just off the top of my head, a big windmill with a 200 foot rotor would travel Pi * 400 every rotation. If it takes 3 seconds to spin once, that's almost 420 feet per second (286 mph) at the tip.

I have seen lots with one blade painted black. I couldn't figure out why. 😃

I have seen lots with one blade painted black. I couldn't figure out why. 😃
Excellent. I have no turbines visible in my immediate area but will be taking a long commute later this year through a large area full of them. Eyes peeled.

I'd heard painting one blade reduced strikes by 72% but that would certainly be worth doing and I'm surprised I haven't seen more (ANY!) so painted.
Great sale pitch as well.

"Our modern Wind Turbines only kill 6,000,000 birds a year, we were killing 18,000,000."

Idiots, paint one blade black. And the rest you can paint like a candy cane.

Semantics, It really dont matter to me, show that all climate scietists are in agreement.
Considering that the approval rate among all climate scientists and the approval rate among all scientists in general had both been used in prior conversations with clearly distinct meanings, this is NOT semantics.
You can not prove anything you believe in.
As I've said to you and others many times before, there are no proofs in the natural sciences. I'm okay with that. I guess others aren't.
And I will dig up the other times you stated all, but go ahead and prove your tiny minority of published climate scientists agree.
[Shakes head and sighs...]

Considering that the approval rate among all climate scientists

[Shakes head and sighs...]
Approval rating? Nobody knows these people. Strawman argument.

You made a claim, you know the claim you made, you know where that claim came from. To post, that information, shows that the claim is false.

Extremely misleading

AH!!! That's what comes of posting before coffee. Still, it is not equal to one third. And 0.28 x 18 = 5.04, not 6
The comment was that a single black blade would reduce bird strikes by 72%. That leaves 18%. 18% is not one third.
72 + 18 = 90, And you claim the high road of science and understanding?

72%, The study technically says 70%

To make the math easy I just said a 1/3.

I did not expect somebody to argue the figures once the point is made.

The point being, that people think it is okay to kill birds where no birds were ever killed. As well as you cant say, look how good I did, I only killed 28 eagles today.

72 + 18 = 90, And you claim the high road of science and understanding?

72%, The study technically says 70%

To make the math easy I just said a 1/3.

I did not expect somebody to argue the figures once the point is made.

The point being, that people think it is okay to kill birds where no birds were ever killed. As well as you cant say, look how good I did, I only killed 28 eagles today.
Fossil fuel kills birds. So, look how good I did, I saved 70 eagles today.

Forum List

Back