How would you feel if a pure science teacher taught science in Parochial school?

Catholic Schools don't teach 'Adam & Eve'. That's a load of fucking shit. Catholic Schools provide an excellent education - far better than crappy public schools. Wanna know why? Because the teachers TEACH. And parents give a shit about their kids education - hence they send them to a good school.

Our schools ain't failing. Yours are. Maybe you should run your better instead of whining about others.

You are losing it. Maybe you need to log off and get some fresh air, I don't think you've had a break from this place for days and days.

The USMB will survive without you for awhile,, really we will.

What are you, my Mom?

Nope, my daughter has manners and doesn't cuss out everyone to show how 'tough' she is.

Plus, she is the spawn of an evil public school teacher and even attends one herself! :eek:

God Help us all, she's is DOOMED FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You made the crack about 'Adam & Eve' as a put down of Catholic teaching of science.

I didn't read it that way. I read it that if someone wants to incorporate theology and creationism (ie: Adam and Eve) into the "where did we come from" scientific question, then they need to teach in a parochial school and not in a public one. Didn't seem like a put-down to me.

Catholic Schools do not teach theology and creationism as 'science'. True story. But that doesn't stop idiots bullshitting about it.

I never attended Catholic school, but I thought they did. So good to know that factoid about parochial school.

But it doesn't mean anything negative when someone thinks that they do explore the theme in science class when the subject arises.

You are losing it. Maybe you need to log off and get some fresh air, I don't think you've had a break from this place for days and days.

The USMB will survive without you for awhile,, really we will.

What are you, my Mom?

Nope, my daughter has manners and doesn't cuss out everyone to show how 'tough' she is.

Plus, she is the spawn of an evil public school teacher and even attends one herself! :eek:

So, suddenly my lack of manners is a big issue. Interesting.

And.... didn't you just bitch at me for misunderstanding Dog's post.... and now you're ignoring what I said about public schools. If you bothered to read what I said, you would see that I said I don't blame the kids in PS, and I don't blame the teachers. So, clearly, I don't think you're an 'evil public school teacher' nor do I think you kid attending a PS is a bad thing. But, the fact is, the system is failing the vast majority of its students. There has to be a reason they're failing. If it's not the students (which I've already said - it isn't) and it isn't the teachers (which I've already said - it isn't).... why are they failing?

Don't wiggle, Mod. You made the crack about 'Adam & Eve' as a put down of Catholic teaching of science. But, unless you have some evidence to back that crap up - which you don't because it ain't true.... you're talking out of your ass.

And I say 'yours' because you're a liberal. Public school system. One of the greatest failures of the liberals.

I don't demonize people who choose another form of education for their kids. But, the biggest problem with public schools is not the students, nor is it the teachers. Kids fail when their parents don't give a shit about their education.

Actually, I made a comment about those who wish to teach their religion instead of science in public taxpayer funded classrooms.

I will quote you:

Catholic Schools don't teach 'Adam & Eve'. That's a load of fucking shit. Catholic Schools provide an excellent education - far better than crappy public schools. Wanna know why? Because the teachers TEACH. And parents give a shit about their kids education - hence they send them to a good school.

This part of your post is essentially saying that public school teachers don't teach or that parents who send their kids to a public school don't give a shit about their kids education. It's pretty ignorant on your part. Especially since not many parents could afford to send their kids to catholic school, even if they wanted to.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it comes across as you group all public school teachers and public school kids parents together into one large group.

If I may make an recommendation, I would suggest you go back to the catholic school you were taught at and ask for a refund. Last I checked, Christ didn't pull people up by knocking them, he gave them a helping hand. He didn't have a "Ours vs yours" mentality.

What are you, my Mom?

And.... didn't you just bitch at me for misunderstanding Dog's post.... and now you're ignoring what I said about public schools. If you bothered to read what I said, you would see that I said I don't blame the kids in PS, and I don't blame the teachers. So, clearly, I don't think you're an 'evil public school teacher' nor do I think you kid attending a PS is a bad thing. But, the fact is, the system is failing the vast majority of its students. There has to be a reason they're failing. If it's not the students (which I've already said - it isn't) and it isn't the teachers (which I've already said - it isn't).... why are they failing?
Why do you think private schools do so well? Because those with money send their students there, and the kids that misbehave can be kicked out. Not every kid is perfect, but a private school has the option to kick out the ones that don't fit in their little 'box' of perfect student. Plus, how many special ed students attend these private schools, I'm sure some do but not a big percentage compared to public schools.

Then there is the class size, a private school have smaller class sizes than a public school.
And of course there is the parents involvement, which is the key to the students success.

Now, the public schools have all of these things, along with some kids who don't care, some parents that don't care, overcrowding in the classrooms and behavior problems and special ed kids needing extra help and special ed teachers to help them. All along they have to follow guidelines set by NCLB, where private schools don't.

Plus, the top heavy Admin. take away TOO MUCH MONEY that should be going to our students needs instead

Gee, I wonder why private schools do 'better' on test scores than public schools?

I went to Catholic Schools. Best education money can buy. And, shock! Horror! We learned real science! With experiments and everything!

Stop being such a fucking moron, Dog.

When did I bash Catholic Schools? I said for those science teachers who want to teach Adam & Eve they can always work for a private catholic school. I never said in what capacity. Probably better off working as a theology teacher or something.

Our schools ain't failing. Yours are. Maybe you should run your better instead of whining about others.

you know, i went to public school and the top state university in NY. then a private law school... where i was in the top of my class and wrote on a law journal. i think my public school education was pretty darn good. and my son's public school education has been pretty darn good so far. because he works hard, he's in a nice G&T program courtesy of the fine citizens of the state of new york and our federal government.

is catholic school a good education. i'm sure it is... as are yeshivas and other private schools.

but that doesn't detract from the fact that there are some great public schools and great teachers.

and if i ever heard of anyone pretending creationism is science, i'd pull my son out of the school unless the teacher wasn't allowed to teach science anymore.

Why do you think private schools do so well? Because those with money send their students there, and the kids that misbehave can be kicked out. Not every kid is perfect, but a private school has the option to kick out the ones that don't fit in their little 'box' of perfect student.

I would say that, by default, the parents playing a larger and more involved part in the childs life by sending them to private school means that the child is going to do well.

How would you feel if a pure science teacher taught science in Parochial school?

Is that alright?

Discuss

depends... do you ever want to be better than number 23 in the world?

i think even parochial schools have to meet minimal state standards.

Yes i know :)

I am poking fun at the other thread.

Even parochial schools will teach science and not just creationism.

Some do, some don't. If they only teach watered down "natural science" at Christian Universities, what sense does it make suggesting they teach real knowledge in primary schools? They prefer to not teach. It's all about indoctrination in "mysticism and the occult".

depends... do you ever want to be better than number 23 in the world?

i think even parochial schools have to meet minimal state standards.

Some do, some don't. If they only teach watered down "natural science" at Christian Universities, what sense does it make suggesting they teach real knowledge in primary schools? They prefer to not teach. It's all about indoctrination in "mysticism and the occult".

Really, STFU and GTFO while the adults are talking.

Why do you think private schools do so well? Because those with money send their students there, and the kids that misbehave can be kicked out. Not every kid is perfect, but a private school has the option to kick out the ones that don't fit in their little 'box' of perfect student. Plus, how many special ed students attend these private schools, I'm sure some do but not a big percentage compared to public schools.

Then there is the class size, a private school have smaller class sizes than a public school.
And of course there is the parents involvement, which is the key to the students success.

Now, the public schools have all of these things, along with some kids who don't care, some parents that don't care, overcrowding in the classrooms and behavior problems and special ed kids needing extra help and special ed teachers to help them.

Gee, I wonder why private schools do 'better' on test scores than public schools?

I'm not talking about 'test scores', I'm talking about an attitude. My school certainly had special needs kids, and my Cousin's kids (both Downs) go to a Catholic School.... with "normal" kids. And, they didn't kick the difficult kids out either. It was a strict discipline focused school. The parents helped in classes - I used to hate it when it was my Mom's week to be in my class.

You're a teacher. You know the value of education - so your kid benefits from your commitment as a parent - and that you're a teacher. Most kids in the PS system don't have parents like you.... unfortunately.

People make judgements about other types of education, often based on their own prejudices. Like Mod assuming Catholic Schools teach creationism as science. I never learned creationism as science - or as anything else. I learned it in Sunday School.... and then as a bible story.... not as a fact.

Now, the public schools have all of these things, along with some kids who don't care, some parents that don't care, overcrowding in the classrooms and behavior problems and special ed kids needing extra help and special ed teachers to help them. All along they have to follow guidelines set by NCLB, where private schools don't.

Exactly. Private schools in general are a controlled environment, picking and choosing which kids they want. Public schools or public school teachers do not have such a luxury. On top of that, private schools have certain standards that the students must meet, meanwhile a teacher is dealt with the hand he/she is given and much of the time may have students who is not nearly ready for the course material in the class. Public school teachers as you said also have to deal with overcrowding, such a problem that makes a big difference and is likely not such a problem in private schools.

Those who essentially look down on public schools because supposedly the parents or teachers don't care are not bothering to look at several factors involved including Socioeconomics.

Why do you think private schools do so well? Because those with money send their students there, and the kids that misbehave can be kicked out. Not every kid is perfect, but a private school has the option to kick out the ones that don't fit in their little 'box' of perfect student.

I would say that, by default, the parents playing a larger and more involved part in the childs life by sending them to private school means that the child is going to do well.

Well of course, everyone knows parent involvement is the key to a child's success in school.

But guess what, not everyone can afford a private education for their child. But some seem to think a private school is the only way a child will get a good education.

Tell that to the guy who is fixing your car, or building your house, or fixing your water heater when it breaks, or your plumbing next time your toilet overflows.

Say, "You went to a PUBLIC SCHOOL! Your parents must not have cared about your education then!"

See how overflowed your toilet gets then! ;)

Name a single benefit to society from classes in Bible memorization. Science I can see. Math, reading, literature, art, but "mysticism"? Sorry, don't get it.

And that my friend, IS the "adult perspective".

Well of course, everyone knows parent involvement is the key to a child's success in school.

But guess what, not everyone can afford a private education for their child. But some seem to think a private school is the only way a child will get a good education.

Tell that to the guy who is fixing your car, or building your house, or fixing your water heater when it breaks, or your plumbing next time your toilet overflows.

Say, "You went to a PUBLIC SCHOOL! Your parents must not have cared about your education then!"

I know. I'm just pointing out that because the child is going to a private school the parent is more involved by default. Thus meaning that it is more likely that the child will do well.

Of course you can have involved parents in a public school setting. And those children are more likely to do well as well.

Involved parents = A
Uninolved parents = B

Private schools have A in a much higher ratio by their very nature. Public schools have an across the board random scattering of A and B. Some schools have higher amounts of B than others, but almost all of them have a higher amount than private schools.

Thats what I'm trying to say.

Name a single benefit to society from classes in Bible memorization. Science I can see. Math, reading, literature, art, but "mysticism"? Sorry, don't get it.

And that my friend, IS the "adult perspective".

So private schools are only about bible memorization?

Idiot.

If everyone knows it, why aren't those parents who know it, doing it? Half the problem with PS schools isn't a lack of money, it is a lack of parental commitment, overburdened teachers, and cumbersome administration - more focused on ticking 'target' boxes than concentrating on helping each child reach his or her individual potential.

I've never knocked anyone who had a PS education, nor do I consider people who don't have a degree or a Masters or whatever to be less valuable. My parents didn't care whether their kids were plumbers or scientists, they just wanted us to achieve our potential.

Personally, I think you're getting a tad over sensitive about it. I haven't criticized the teachers or the students. Only the system... because it system sucks.

Forum List

Back