How would you feel if a pure science teacher taught science in Parochial school?

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
How would you feel if a pure science teacher taught science in Parochial school?

Is that alright?

Discuss

Parochial schools are not funded by public taxes last I checked, so the school has a choice in who they hire and teach whatever. As Jillian said, I believe all they have to do is meet state standards. However, in public schools, tax dollars are paid for teacher salaries. So for those science teachers who want to teach Adam & Eve instead of actual science, they can always go work for a private catholic school.

• Banned

Is that alright?

Discuss

depends... do you ever want to be better than number 23 in the world?

i think even parochial schools have to meet minimal state standards.

Yes i know :)

I am poking fun at the other thread.

Even parochial schools will teach science and not just creationism.

• Banned
Parochial schools are not funded by public taxes last I checked, so the school has a choice in who they hire and teach whatever. As Jillian said, I believe all they have to do is meet state standards. However, in public schools, tax dollars are paid for teacher salaries. So for those science teachers who want to teach Adam & Eve instead of actual science, they can always go work for a private catholic school.

I include catholic schools as parochial.

And that is also my point. If teaching something other then what you personally believe in is not within you, work somewhere else.

And that is also my point. If teaching something other then what you personally believe in is not within you, work somewhere else.

I see.

With the other thread in mind, I have a problem with Creationism being taught in science class because it's not a real science. Modern day Creationism that is being proposed to taught in schools is Christianity. It's why you don't meet many Islamic or Hindu Creationists. :lol:

I also don't think even if every religion's creation story was given equal time that the science classroom is the place for that.

• Banned

I see.

With the other thread in mind, I have a problem with Creationism being taught in science class because it's not a real science. Modern day Creationism that is being proposed to taught in schools is Christianity. It's why you don't meet many Islamic or Hindu Creationists. :lol:

I also don't think even if every religion's creation story was given equal time that the science classroom is the place for that.

I absolutely agree. Religion, in any form, should not be taught in any science class.

I went to Catholic Schools. Best education money can buy. And, shock! Horror! We learned real science! With experiments and everything!

Stop being such a fucking moron, Dog.

I went to Catholic Schools. Best education money can buy. And, shock! Horror! We learned real science! With experiments and everything!

When did I bash Catholic Schools? I said for those science teachers who want to teach Adam & Eve they can always work for a private catholic school. I never said in what capacity. Probably better off working as a theology teacher or something.

I agree, the catholic schools here are the best thing going in the way of education.

When did I bash Catholic Schools? I said for those science teachers who want to teach Adam & Eve they can always work for a private catholic school. I never said in what capacity. Probably better off working as a theology teacher or something.

Catholic Schools don't teach 'Adam & Eve'. That's a load of fucking shit. Catholic Schools provide an excellent education - far better than crappy public schools. Wanna know why? Because the teachers TEACH. And parents give a shit about their kids education - hence they send them to a good school.

Our schools ain't failing. Yours are. Maybe you should run your better instead of whining about others.

Yeah, I got what you said too. But calling you a 'fucking moron' earns her cool points I guess.:cuckoo:

I'm a Christian who teaches in a public school, but if I wanted to teach about what happened in the Bible and such I'd work in a private Christian School.

Catholic Schools don't teach 'Adam & Eve'. That's a load of fucking shit. Catholic Schools provide an excellent education - far better than crappy public schools. Wanna know why? Because the teachers TEACH. And parents give a shit about their kids education - hence they send them to a good school.

Our schools ain't failing. Yours are. Maybe you should run your better instead of whining about others.

I run a school? Oh cool, I'm making Lewis Black the Dean then.

How about instead of the "Ours vs yours" mentality, you try to look at this situation rationally? I never said catholic schools don't provide an excellent education. Not once, not ever. Unless you can show me otherwise. However, it is pretty sad you have gone to such lengths to demonize public schools and public school teachers, including some on this board who do quite a good job I'm sure. That includes the ones who I don't agree with politically on any level by the way. Plus, you go ahead and demonize any parent who doesn't send their kid to a catholic school. Pretty sad.

Yeah, I got what you said too. But calling you a 'fucking moron' earns her cool points I guess.:cuckoo:

I'm a Christian who teaches in a public school, but if I wanted to teach about what happened in the Bible and such I'd work in a private Christian School.

I call him a moron for his somewhat ignorant and completely moronic statement about 'teaching Adam & Eve'. He clearly knows jack shit about Catholic Schools. Again, our schools aren't failing students. The public schools are failing students. Not necessarily the fault of most of the teachers but them's the facts.

Catholic Schools insist on parental involvement. Maybe that's why they're better. Maybe because the parents care enough about their kids to invest in their future, rather than palming them off on someone else and blaming the teachers when their kids fail.

You are losing it. Maybe you need to log off and get some fresh air, I don't think you've had a break from this place for days and days.

The USMB will survive without you for awhile,, really we will.

I run a school? Oh cool, I'm making Lewis Black the Dean then.

How about instead of the "Ours vs yours" mentality, you try to look at this situation rationally? I never said catholic schools don't provide an excellent education. Not once, not ever. Unless you can show me otherwise. However, it is pretty sad you have gone to such lengths to demonize public schools and public school teachers, including some on this board who do quite a good job I'm sure. That includes the ones who I don't agree with politically on any level by the way. Plus, you go ahead and demonize any parent who doesn't send their kid to a catholic school. Pretty sad.

Don't wiggle, Mod. You made the crack about 'Adam & Eve' as a put down of Catholic teaching of science. But, unless you have some evidence to back that crap up - which you don't because it ain't true.... you're talking out of your ass.

And I say 'yours' because you're a liberal. Public school system. One of the greatest failures of the liberals.

I don't demonize people who choose another form of education for their kids. But, the biggest problem with public schools is not the students, nor is it the teachers. Kids fail when their parents don't give a shit about their education.

You are losing it. Maybe you need to log off and get some fresh air, I don't think you've had a break from this place for days and days.

The USMB will survive without you for awhile,, really we will.

What are you, my Mom?

You made the crack about 'Adam & Eve' as a put down of Catholic teaching of science.

I didn't read it that way. I read it that if someone wants to incorporate theology and creationism (ie: Adam and Eve) into the "where did we come from" scientific question, then they need to teach in a parochial school and not in a public one. Didn't seem like a put-down to me.

You made the crack about 'Adam & Eve' as a put down of Catholic teaching of science.

I didn't read it that way. I read it that if someone wants to incorporate theology and creationism (ie: Adam and Eve) into the "where did we come from" scientific question, then they need to teach in a parochial school and not in a public one. Didn't seem like a put-down to me.

Catholic Schools do not teach theology and creationism as 'science'. True story. But that doesn't stop idiots bullshitting about it.

Forum List

Back