How would you feel if a pure science teacher taught science in Parochial school?

Can I get extra credit?

Yeah, I'm going to make you a mod! :D

What a new mod initiation ceremony looks like:

hands5523.jpg

You see del with his socks and sandals? We told him PLEASE, just this once leave them at home,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but no, he never listens...........:evil:

In Catholic schools, the focus is every much on ensuring each kid LEARNS. It is the focus of the teachers, and the parents. Parents who don't take their kids education seriously tend not to keep them in Catholic schools.... because the schools expect parental involvement. I said nothing about PS teachers. And, in thread after thread on educational subjects, I have expressed my admiration of teachers generally. It's not a profession I would undertake.

You made an assumption about Catholic Schools, and - if I am guilty of misunderstanding what you said... you are equally as guilty of misunderstanding me. I am sick and tired of this bullshit about Catholic schools and 'creationism'. It has no basis in fact.

This is just another one of those 'take half of what someone says and create an issue out of it'. It happens - more for the sake of argument than for a rational discussion. It's why I rarely bother taking anything seriously about what some politician has said... because, I usually find that - once you look at the whole context of the remark.... it is not what it appears to be.

That's critical thinking.

You're the only one who got the sort of idea out of my post that you did. Both EZ and Radio knew exactly where I was getting at. I never once bashed Catholic Schools or said they were a bad place to get an education.

However, I'm not the only one who got out of one of your previous posts that a parent has to send their kid to a private school otherwise they're not trying to get them a good education. Perhaps I'm wrong, but you seemed pretty clear in your post while defending private schools about why you think public schools suck.

It seemed to me (and I could be wrong), in your defense of catholic schools against some imaginary slight that you felt the need to bash public schools, even going to the point of calling them a failure.

While public school systems across the country are in dire need of improving, some more than others, to say they are a failure is a ridiculous statement to make. Public schools give kids a relatively cheap education for 12 years and it doesn't cost their parents a arm and leg. In many countries, some kids can't get any education at all. That would be a failure of the system.

Most Americans are reasonably aware of the fact that students of Parochical schools are better educated than public school students. What's the point?

Yeah, I'm going to make you a mod! :D

hands5523.jpg

You see del with his socks and sandals? We told him PLEASE, just this once leave them at home,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but no, he never listens...........:evil:

When I see this kind of Whodoo with grown men standing around with costumes and gold cone hats, I'm, pardon the word, "mystified" how anyone can take this stuff seriously. Makes me want to play dress up too. Religious drag looks fun.

hands5523.jpg

When I see this kind of Whodoo with grown men standing around with costumes and gold cone hats, I'm, pardon the word, "mystified" how anyone can take this stuff seriously. Makes me want to play dress up too. Religious drag looks fun.

It's a shame when the American left wing ridicules the Catholic religion while they support the jihad.

Wait, my name isn't orange yet.

When do I get the orange fanta?

:lol:

Post Release will be giving you your "mod training" in private..............

Wear no undies and bring the Old Spice Aftershave she loves so much.

A female drill instructor I had in basic training loved old spice so much that it was well known that if recruits wore it they would get favortism from her.

That was the first and last time I ever heard of anyone giving a fuck about that crap, until now :lol:

Wait, my name isn't orange yet.

When do I get the orange fanta?

:lol:

Oooh.

:thup:

Can I bring my wife?

I will be filling in your wife on her duties as a "mod wife"-and she'll also have access to all your PM's and the "Suck-up-O-Meter" that will suddenly start to happen to you as soon as you become a mod. (or get high rep, it works either way)

Oooh.

:thup:

Can I bring my wife?

I will be filling in your wife on her duties as a "mod wife"-and she'll also have access to all your PM's and the "Suck-up-O-Meter" that will suddenly start to happen to you as soon as you become a mod. (or get high rep, it works either way)

This suck-off meter....tell me more :eusa_think:

Actually, all that matters is that the parent cares enough to try and give the child the best they can. Amount of freetime is really irrelevant.

I'm a prime example. I work two jobs. I have very little free time to spend with my kids. Also very little spare room in the budget because of it (why do you think I don't have that xbox?). But I care enough to make sure that my children to private school because they are in a better learning environment with other kids who have parents who are involved. It's an environment thing where I am.

As for getting that Xbox, I know an African prince who can hook you up with one. :cool:

Seriously though Radio, thanks for the insight.

Just wanted to add something to my previous thoughts.

My oldest went to public kindergarten. We loved it. Great school, great parents, great environment. Then we moved about 8 miles away, to another school district. She entered first grade and there was an immediate change in attitude with her. For the worse. She started talking back, being disrespectful, selfish, greedy and shaking her finger and head in a "Oh no you di'int" manner whenever she was asked, and then told, to do something. Turns out she was learning it amongst her peers at school that this was an acceptable way to act to adults.

Starting 2 years ago, we sent her to private school. Complete 180 back to the caring to the child we knew her to be. She of course has the normal 8 year old attitude going on, but it's not in-your-face blatant like it was for the year she attended when she was 6.

Forum List

Back