How will Osama's death affect the war on terror?

This is all over Fox right now, and local radio. Saw it on CNN too. The intell for this operation began 4 years ago (thats 2007, under GWB). It was gathered from detainees. Yep, thats Gitmo. It was gathered 4 yrs ago, at Gitmo, under GWB, using enhanced interrogation, aka "torture". That intell, as reported, led to a relative speaking of some strange, massive house with 18 feet walls being built in Pakistan. That led to them discussing some new family living there, matching Osama Bin Laden's info. That 4 year long investigation, accomplished through detainee interrogation, Gitmo, and 2 different presidents, led to this.

Yes. Libs are right. Close Gitmo. End interrogation. Thank goodness Bush, AND Obama, didn't listen to their whining.

this guy said it was foxreporting it.

Now proove that torture is what produced this info and that no other means could have given it to us.

In the end of WWII American could stand tall and condem the horriffic acts of the nazis.

You are now championing the horriffic acts of the nazis

Thanks but I never mentioned fox I heard it on CBS

and HUMMMM..... do you really think Gitmo was the only place water boarding can happen?

Your premise is ignorant. Obama did participate in the planning and execution of this mission. Bush had nothing to do with the planning of this action. What this showed is that unlike Bush who disregarded Clinton's warnings of an impending commercial airliner hijacking attack orchestrated by Ossama, Obama followed through on all known intelligence and the fruition of his determination and curiosity which Bush lacked resulted in yesterdays success.

your grasp of revisionist history is startling...it was Clinton's failure to bring OBL to justice a lot sooner & his weakening of our defenses that led to 9/11. Bush rebuilt both. If Obama wants to take some credit, fine. However, the true credit should be given to the military....

where did I say that?

Now please go prove your precious torture is the reason we knew who OBLs aide was?

I want to thank PRESIDENT BUSH for putting this in place...this operation started 4 years ago (under the Bush administration)...they've been tracking one of Bin Ladins most "trusted" couriers for 4 years now just for this reason. This is all in the news, so easy to look up, but if you want a link just let me know! When Bin Ladin was found, Obama couldn't do anything but tell them to go ahead and get him...guess he didn't want to pull a Clinton on us again. Sorry, but i give NO credit to our great leader...
And thank you to our Military! You're awsome!

:lol::lol::lol:

You just cannot handle this success, can you?

This is all over Fox right now, and local radio. Saw it on CNN too. The intell for this operation began 4 years ago (thats 2007, under GWB). It was gathered from detainees. Yep, thats Gitmo. It was gathered 4 yrs ago, at Gitmo, under GWB, using enhanced interrogation, aka "torture". That intell, as reported, led to a relative speaking of some strange, massive house with 18 feet walls being built in Pakistan. That led to them discussing some new family living there, matching Osama Bin Laden's info. That 4 year long investigation, accomplished through detainee interrogation, Gitmo, and 2 different presidents, led to this.

Yes. Libs are right. Close Gitmo. End interrogation. Thank goodness Bush, AND Obama, didn't listen to their whining.

Its funny not one liberal can address your point.

Bush's "torture" system helped prevent several attacks and helped in locating OBL.

But these rabid liberals can only view events in a political prism and how it will make Obama look.

All they can do is rant and rave "Obama got him", all while completely ignoring the fact that the military has been using the same techniques for gathering information.

Did you notice that Obama did NOT say that he "inherited" the solution!?

Its funny not one liberal can address your point.

Bush's "torture" system helped prevent several attacks and helped in locating OBL.

But these rabid liberals can only view events in a political prism and how it will make Obama look.

All they can do is rant and rave "Obama got him", all while completely ignoring the fact that the military has been using the same techniques for gathering information.

Did you notice that Obama did NOT say that he "inherited" the solution!?
Did you notice none of the CON$ are saying Boooooooosh is not the president?

I want to thank PRESIDENT BUSH for putting this in place...this operation started 4 years ago (under the Bush administration)...they've been tracking one of Bin Ladins most "trusted" couriers for 4 years now just for this reason. This is all in the news, so easy to look up, but if you want a link just let me know! When Bin Ladin was found, Obama couldn't do anything but tell them to go ahead and get him...guess he didn't want to pull a Clinton on us again. Sorry, but i give NO credit to our great leader...

If it was all obama's "success" then i would give it to him, but i don't believe it is at all. Also, my son is right now training in Army special forces...would you like to know what the majority of them think about obama??? Lol!

What I can't get over is how after 10 years of war, hundreds of thousands dead and even more displaced, and hundreds of billions of dollars spent on rockets, bombs, planes, tanks, ships, and soldiers in Afghanistan and the tribal areas of Pakistan, a single Special Ops team backed up by American and Pakistani intelligence took the guy out... not in Afghanistan or tribal Pakistan but in a mansion by the nice downtown area of a populous and developed city.

I have been saying for years, that we do not need troops on the ground in either Iraq or Afghanistan. We have the ability to plant our forces anywhere in the world in a matter of hours. It seems to me that this operation proves that.

If we are fighting a war, then in today's day and age do we really need to have troops on the ground? Maybe if they are a peace keeping force that is there for the sole purpose of maintaining the peace and a presence, but it seems to me that they are more targets than anything else at the moment.

What exactly are our troops accomplishing in Iraq and Afghanistan right now? Some say peace. They say if we leave it will create a vacuum and some other dictator will move in. As if that is not already destined to happen as things are right now. Saddam was once the buddy of the U.S. Bin Ladin was as well. Can we really expect anything different with the governments we set up in Irag and Afghanistan?

Immie

That's not what Obama just said..and he is still speaking... He claims to have personally ordered the action based on intelligence he received in August. Again, Thanks Obama. And thank you to the men that carried out the mission without any loss of American lives.

This wasn't all obama's "plan"....this started over 4 years ago...

<<<U.S. forces were led to the fortress-like three-story building after more than four years tracking one of bin Laden's most trusted couriers, whom U.S. officials said was identified by men captured after the September 11, 2001 attacks."Detainees also identified this man as one of the few al Qaeda couriers trusted by bin Laden. They indicated he might be living with or protected by bin Laden," a senior administration official said in a briefing for reporters.

Bin Laden was finally found -- more than 9-1/2 years after the 2001 attacks on the United States -- after authorities discovered in August 2010 that the courier lived with his brother and their families in an unusual and extremely high-security building, officials said.>>>
Bin Laden was found at luxury Pakistan compound - Yahoo! News

so with that said....THANK YOU PRESIDENT BUSH! Lol! Sorry, but obama gets NO praise from me! Of course he ordered them to go ahead and kill him, what else could obama do??? I guess he could have let him go like Clinton did...but i'm pretty sure he's not quite THAT stupid!

Your premise is ignorant. Obama did participate in the planning and execution of this mission. Bush had nothing to do with the planning of this action. What this showed is that unlike Bush who disregarded Clinton's warnings of an impending commercial airliner hijacking attack orchestrated by Ossama, Obama followed through on all known intelligence and the fruition of his determination and curiosity which Bush lacked resulted in yesterdays success.

Did you read what i had in bold??? Was obama in office then? Ok..if it makes you feel better...thank you Mr. Obama for saying it was ok to shoot the bad man. Better? And i really don't believe Bush disregarded any warnings...but i do know Clinton had a chance to get Bin Ladin when he was president and didn't do it. Why would he do that if he knew we would eventually be attacked? Maybe he wanted it to happen? Nobody knows for sure...

What I can't get over is how after 10 years of war, hundreds of thousands dead and even more displaced, and hundreds of billions of dollars spent on rockets, bombs, planes, tanks, ships, and soldiers in Afghanistan and the tribal areas of Pakistan, a single Special Ops team backed up by American and Pakistani intelligence took the guy out... not in Afghanistan or tribal Pakistan but in a mansion by the nice downtown area of a populous and developed city.

I have been saying for years, that we do not need troops on the ground in either Iraq or Afghanistan. We have the ability to plant our forces anywhere in the world in a matter of hours. It seems to me that this operation proves that.

If we are fighting a war, then in today's day and age do we really need to have troops on the ground? Maybe if they are a peace keeping force that is there for the sole purpose of maintaining the peace and a presence, but it seems to me that they are more targets than anything else at the moment.

What exactly are our troops accomplishing in Iraq and Afghanistan right now? Some say peace. They say if we leave it will create a vacuum and some other dictator will move in. As if that is not already destined to happen as things are right now. Saddam was once the buddy of the U.S. Bin Ladin was as well. Can we really expect anything different with the governments we set up in Irag and Afghanistan?

Immie

I don't know though we had alot of troops on the ground in Afghanistan, some in Pakistan as well as numerous CIA Agents and other intelligence, without a heavy presence next door in Afghanistan how would our intel been good enough to find this guy?

Pull a Clinton on us and balance the budget? Pull a Clinton on us and decide Reagan must have had SOME reason for selling the missiles in the first place?

Or do you mean have an affair?

I think Bush deserves some credit for this. He was good at staying his course, being stubborn, never second guessing himself in the face of facts. All that. But he did stay the course which sometines may as well be done after you take a big enough first step.

Still thiugh, if the decision to track envoys four years ago gets Bush credit here (and I believe some IS due) promise me Bush will get his credit for our economic fall.

I mean "pull a clinton on us" because of Clinton not capturing or killing Bin Ladin when he was president when he had the chance to. At least obama didn't just let it go...but of course he couldn't, his re-election would be over with very quickly!

We need to continue our assaults on AlQaida. They are a monster with its head cut off right now and we need to be sure that they don't recover.

Pakistan needs to step up given the embarassment of this operation. They can't play both sides of the fence anymore

If it was all obama's "success" then i would give it to him, but i don't believe it is at all. Also, my son is right now training in Army special forces...would you like to know what the majority of them think about obama??? Lol!

I'm sorry...but i am not going to argue this today

But I think your response is a horrid partisan reaction to an event all Americans should be celebrating

You make me sick

So Osama Bin Laden was not hiding in some cave or in some tribal area in Waziristan in no mans land no, he was hiding in a city about 45 minuntes-1 hour away from Islamabad, the capital of Pakistan in a $ 1 million dollar house constructed personally for him. That town he was hiding in also houses a Military academy and a Pakistani Military base, so are you trying to tell me none of these guys knew Bin Laden was living there in a big ass house? its so painfully obvious what is going on, Pakistan has been helping Bin Laden all along, its not even a secret anymore all of this makes it even more painfully obvious even Stevie Wonder can see it, Fuck you Pakistan for hiding this bastard! this war could have been over years ago if you really helped us! Fuck you!:evil:

Sorry, that's not why, dumbass. You don't seem to understand chain of command.
You are the dumb ass. It is the military that did the work. Obamaturd will use this as a campaign stance.

True, but he's the one that kept them there when y'all wanted to cut-n-run Thank you, Mr President. :clap2:

Not to get in the middle of your pissing contest, konrad, but do you really think our troops being on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan were necessary to accomplish this task?

The way I am reading it, our intelligence found bin Ladin and we sent in a team of Special Ops who could have been located anywhere from Japan to Spain and achieved the objective. They did not need to be on the ground to have been successful.

I applaud President Obama for having the courage to risk sending those men into harm's way. It was a decision he made. Had this mission failed and had we lost any of those men (women?) he sent, it would have been his ass that was strung up and left to rot come next election cycle.

Thank you President Obama. Thank you to the Intelligence Forces that found bin Ladin and thank you to the Special Forces team that completed the job. And thank you to anyone else that was part of the effort to finish this job.

Immie

:Boom2::whip::death::banana2::flameth:
Osama-bin-Laden-killed-in-Abbottabad.jpg
Osama-bin-Laden-killed-in-raid-on-his-compound1.jpg

:mm::thewave::mm::thewave::mm:
:mm: :banana: :mm: :dance: :mm: :banana: :mm:

:clap2::clap2:

ek1chz.gif

Forum List

Back