How will eliminating the Estate Tax benefit the Middle class?

Huh?

You're talking nickels and dimes. When you get
No, it isn't. Only the right wing comes up with such lazy arguments. Raising taxes means more money to pay the Debts.

Now, THAT is a lazy argument! In fact, it's not an argument at all.

Ok ... let's get serious about this.

You claim taking money from one person to buy stuff to give to another person is good, right? It's not robbing Peter to pay Paul, right? Maybe you can explain that to me.

Then, you say "raising taxes means more money to pay the debts.", right? Why is it that you don't address the spending side of that equation? If we spent less, we'd have more money to pay the debts, right?

So, let's cut spending .... in fact, how about this?? Let's cut spending by 20% AND raise tax revenue by 20%. Sound like a deal? That work for you?
It simply doesn't work that way. The social Power to Tax is delegated to Congress for the Union.

Why not end the drug war to pay for health care?

Is that a serious proposal? Let's take it under consideration.

In 2010, the drug war cost the federal government $15 billion. Last year, healthcare cost the state and federal government $3.49 trillion. Clearly, your proposal doesn't even make a dent in the problem.

I'm aware how the power to tax works .... but thanks for the lesson.. Talk to your congressman - get him to cut 20% from spending, and I will talk to mine and get him to propose raising tax revenue by 20%.

Fair enough?
That is how much we would be reducing in spending. We would be generating more revenue via more taxes from commercial pot.

Marijuana Sales Totaled $6.7 Billion In 2016

$1 Billion In Marijuana Taxes Is Addictive To State Governors
You're talking nickels and dimes. Taxes on $6 billion, at 20%, is $1.2 billion. (Of course, that's assuming that all $6 billion is pure profit, which we clearly know it isn't) Add that to the $15 billion we saved in spending, we're all the way up to $16.2 billion.

Keep working.

When you get to $3 trillion, let me know.
End our wars on crime, drugs, and terror to end our income tax.

Huh?

Now, THAT is a lazy argument! In fact, it's not an argument at all.

Ok ... let's get serious about this.

You claim taking money from one person to buy stuff to give to another person is good, right? It's not robbing Peter to pay Paul, right? Maybe you can explain that to me.

Then, you say "raising taxes means more money to pay the debts.", right? Why is it that you don't address the spending side of that equation? If we spent less, we'd have more money to pay the debts, right?

So, let's cut spending .... in fact, how about this?? Let's cut spending by 20% AND raise tax revenue by 20%. Sound like a deal? That work for you?
It simply doesn't work that way. The social Power to Tax is delegated to Congress for the Union.

In 2010, the drug war cost the federal government $15 billion. Last year, healthcare cost the state and federal government $3.49 trillion. Clearly, your proposal doesn't even make a dent in the problem.

I'm aware how the power to tax works .... but thanks for the lesson.. Talk to your congressman - get him to cut 20% from spending, and I will talk to mine and get him to propose raising tax revenue by 20%.

Fair enough?
That is how much we would be reducing in spending. We would be generating more revenue via more taxes from commercial pot.

You're talking nickels and dimes. Taxes on $6 billion, at 20%, is $1.2 billion. (Of course, that's assuming that all $6 billion is pure profit, which we clearly know it isn't) Add that to the $15 billion we saved in spending, we're all the way up to $16.2 billion.

Keep working.

So, you will accept crime, drugs, and acts of terror in our streets in order to avoid having to give up freebies from the government. Have I got that right?

Trump’s Tax Plan Cuts Rates for Individuals and Corporations and Eliminates Many Deductions

How does it do anything but benefit the families of the wealthiest Americans?

As was already pointed out - family farms will benefit, often sold or broken up because they are property and equipment rich, cash poor. That local, homegrown stuff the left loves so?...you will be buying it more and more from large conglomerates.

Small business will benefit - that family run 'minority' owned business the left claims to love so?...gone, again property and equipment rich, cash poor heirs will be forced to take out loans or liquidate - making room for the giant corporations the left claims to hate. Btw - small businesses make up a huge majority of business in the US and provide nearly half the private sector employment.

You may not want to talk about the fairness in taxing already earned income and purchased property when an elder family member dies - but there is nothing right or fair about it...and it is a violation of their civil rights. Never ceases to amuse me how civil rights and 'choice' advocates are so willing to violate the rights of others - especially when it comes to property and income.

Huh?

Fair enough?

Keep working.

So, you will accept crime, drugs, and acts of terror in our streets in order to avoid having to give up freebies from the government. Have I got that right?
Getting freebies from the government means we won't need crime, drug, and terror wars.

Trump’s Tax Plan Cuts Rates for Individuals and Corporations and Eliminates Many Deductions

As was already pointed out - family farms will benefit, often sold or broken up because they are property and equipment rich, cash poor. That local, homegrown stuff the left loves so?...you will be buying it more and more from large conglomerates.

Small business will benefit - that family run 'minority' owned business the left claims to love so?...gone, again property and equipment rich, cash poor heirs will be forced to take out loans or liquidate - making room for the giant corporations the left claims to hate. Btw - small businesses make up a huge majority of business in the US and provide nearly half the private sector employment.

You may not want to talk about the fairness in taxing already earned income and purchased property when an elder family member dies - but there is nothing right or fair about it...and it is a violation of their civil rights. Never ceases to amuse me how civil rights and 'choice' advocates are so willing to violate the rights of others - especially when it comes to property and income.
Should the "less rich" look for loopholes, like the more rich?

It’s none of the federal government business on how little or how much anybody makes, it’s only the individuals business

If the "working rich" could find a combine harvester/yacht, they could they then drive their combine-harvester/yacht, through a loophole appropriate to the size.

In other words, the "non working rich" can simply purchase tax loopholes large enough to drive a yacht through.

Loophole You Can Sail a Yacht Through

Kinda like that great advocate for the middle class John Kerry, huh?

Would still like to hear your definition of the word 'loophole' when it comes to income taxes.

It’s none of the federal government business on how little or how much anybody makes, it’s only the individuals business
stop complaining about social benefits for the poor; or, the poor need to look into, how the rich actually make their money.

If the "working rich" could find a combine harvester/yacht, they could they then drive their combine-harvester/yacht, through a loophole appropriate to the size.

In other words, the "non working rich" can simply purchase tax loopholes large enough to drive a yacht through.

Loophole You Can Sail a Yacht Through

Kinda like that great advocate for the middle class John Kerry, huh?

Would still like to hear your definition of the word 'loophole' when it comes to income taxes.
did you read the link?

from an economic perspective, if you look into it; the income that we would be generating for the US, is being expatriated. The right wing Only complains when the poor do it.

stop complaining about social benefits for the poor; or, the poor need to look into, how the rich actually make their money.
It’s called ambition… Some people have it some people don’t.

It is called, the abomination of hypocrisy, some people are ambitious about it, some people aren't.

did you read the link?

from an economic perspective, if you look into it; the income that we would be generating for the US, is being expatriated. The right wing Only complains when the poor do it.

Did you complain about Kerry? Would still like to hear your definition of 'loophole'.

It is called, the abomination of hypocrisy, some people are ambitious about it, some people aren't.
Anybody can be successful if they have the ambition and a sense of urgency. It is extremely easy to do that in capitalism.
People only have themselves to blame when it comes to a “living”...

Last edited:
did you read the link?

Did you complain about Kerry? Would still like to hear your definition of 'loophole'.
Loopholes are already defined; I don't need to resort to right wing fantasy.

and, this a class warfare issue.

Anybody can be successful if they have the ambition and the sense of urgency. It is extremely easy to do that in capitalism.
People only have themselves to blame when it comes to a “living”...
It is policy for some on the left to not take the right wing seriously about anything, but their twice a day moments.

Capitalism has a natural rate of unemployment that merely exists for the bottom line of capitalists, not an efficient economy.

Market based wages should be enough to purchase private forms of unemployment insurance.

Forum List

Back