How to Talk Southern.

funny-dogs-southern-accent.jpg

Yes, that Southern drawl uses two syllables for a one syllable word, by drawing out vowels, in so many states. I love it. I just can't understand it too, well. I meet people at work from all over the U.S. and world, but those from the deep South, challenge me the most. Pardon, say what, now?? :lol:

Uh oh [MENTION=22590]AquaAthena[/MENTION] do you think we could carry on a conversation? You know where I'm from Honey Child.

Yes, that Southern drawl uses two syllables for a one syllable word, by drawing out vowels, in so many states. I love it. I just can't understand it too, well. I meet people at work from all over the U.S. and world, but those from the deep South, challenge me the most. Pardon, say what, now?? :lol:

Uh oh [MENTION=22590]AquaAthena[/MENTION] do you think we could carry on a conversation? You know where I'm from Honey Child.[/QUOT===================THE SOUTH HAS GOT THE LAST LAUGH!!!! DERN YANKIES!!!

Uh oh [MENTION=22590]AquaAthena[/MENTION] do you think we could carry on a conversation? You know where I'm from Honey Child.

I am a native of a state surrounded by Southern states and believe me, I was influenced and spoke just as they. Y'all know what I mean? It took me over 20 years to lose it and I was made great fun of, when we moved from that state to a mountain state and I started school. I used to hide at recess because of the names I was called, e.g., fried chickens up to bat...chicken and dumplings turn , on and on. I was crucified. I was just trying to be sweet 13 and didn't know how I sounded to others who didn't have a thick Southern accent.

Sometimes, to this day, customers will abruptly ask me, during my sales conversation, where are you from??? :confused: I tell them, SE Missouri originally, and they say....BINGO!!!! :eek: ( one can never lose it all )

Last edited:

Somebody help me out here. The only accent I detected was Cosby's Philly accent. The lady spoke perfect English.

True story:

We were looking for a squirrel-proof bird feeder. The guy (yes, his name tag really did say, "Bubba") said "this is the one you want cuz the squirrel tries to get the seed here and gets his head cut off. You eat, the birds eat, everybody's happy".

I was laughing so hard, I had to duck into the next aisle.

True story:

We were looking for a squirrel-proof bird feeder. The guy (yes, his name tag really did say, "Bubba") said "this is the one you want cuz the squirrel tries to get the seed here and gets his head cut off. You eat, the birds eat, everybody's happy".

And where can I get one of these? Love me some squirrel and dumplings.
And just think...you grain fed those suckers for weeks. TASTY!!!

True story:

We just shot them out of the trees. Or turtles for soup or bullfrogs for fried legs...catch crawfish with boloney for a crawfish dinner.

True story:

We just shot them out of the trees. Or turtles for soup or bullfrogs for fried legs...catch crawfish with boloney for a crawfish dinner.

You had to bring up crawfish. The season is here..but it's going to suck from all the cold. Had a few lbs. the other day at a local spot...8.99 a lb!!!!!!! Buy em live is running five bucks a lb.
I'm tempted to run some traps in the sixth fairway pond behind the house.
I bet I've released a couple hundred pounds over the years when we over purchased.
The only thing stopping me is the damn chemicals they use on the golf course.
That goes for the huge bull frogs in those ponds as well. A couple buddies were over drinking beer one night and I told the wife we were going gigging ....she started calling me Si Robertson.:tongue:

Forum List

Back