How to reduce gun deaths in US

It's a proven fact that by illegalizing guns the criminals turn in their guns in good will. I'm a lib
It's rational for a nation to have more guns than there are people in it ? Not hardly.

Yeah, leftists always wanna control good citizens. I'm sure lessor will just turn in their guns, in good will.

It's a proven fact that by illegalizing guns the criminals turn in their guns in good will. I'm a lib

Yeah, leftists always wanna control good citizens. I'm sure lessor will just turn in their guns, in good will.
I'm certain you want all gun owners to be responsible as I do. They are not , better enforced laws would help solve the crisis. Yes , gun violence is a crisis in America , just in case you weren't aware of that fact.

Also from that same government site : republican-leaning people admit to owning guns ( 45 % ) more than twice as much as Democratic-leaning people ( 20% ). Do the math , it's simple. More guns = more deaths and problems.
"Gun mortality" includes law enforcement shootings and suicides- it's not a measure of crime, it's a smokescreen intended to obscure the real problem.

If you look at violent crime, the urban centers all have much higher rates than the rural areas. So Tennessee has a high number, but as soon as you exclude Nashville and Memphis it doesn't even rate an "also ran".

Go after the gangs, the crime rates will decline accordingly.

I'm certain you want all gun owners to be responsible as I do. They are not , better enforced laws would help solve the crisis. Yes , gun violence is a crisis in America , just in case you weren't aware of that fact.

We have the highest gun ownership in the world, but the 28th gun death rate. That may not even count the illegal arms, of which are responsible for the most gun deaths.

We're a free country with illegal immigrants welcomed by Biden and such. The highest violent crime rates are south of the border and Africa.

We have real problems, such as the Democracks attack on their own citizens. Taking guns from the most responsible isn't one of them.

More guns= more deaths. Not the best solution.
Nonsense. Guns are inanimate objects. I have owned guns all my life, and none of them ever turned violent...

It's like saying you are twice as likely to die in a car crash if you have two cars in your driveway instead of one. It's a phony argument.

Gun grabbers are always trying to tie gun ownership rates to crime rates, but correlation is not causation. It is just as easy to argue that people who live in high crime areas feel a greater need to own a gun for protection...

Last edited:
"Gun mortality" includes law enforcement shootings and suicides- it's not a measure of crime, it's a smokescreen intended to obscure the real problem.

If you look at violent crime, the urban centers all have much higher rates than the rural areas. So Tennessee has a high number, but as soon as you exclude Nashville and Memphis it doesn't even rate an "also ran".

Go after the gangs, the crime rates will decline accordingly.
I agree with that , obvious criminals and criminals groups should be targeted people.

If those employees were allowed to have guns they could have just shot her and it would be over.
I think the cops did ok

What we dont know is will some fat ass DA and judge turn her loose?

It happens all the time

Last edited:
I think the cops did ok

What we dont know is will some fat as DA and judge turn her loose?

It happens all the time
It does happen , is not the norm though. In my state any crime committed with a gun has required prison time as a punishment.

Its almost a given in the largest cities with democrats in charge
Reagan enacted the first modern mandatory prison time law in 1984. I thought it was a good idea. The experts in criminology are now strongly opposed to it saying it causes more harm than good. Go figure. The Democrats must listen to the experts.

The statistics from the government tell the TRUTH , you are believing someone's propaganda.
Well let’s do this. You’re thinking of robbing someone. You have a gun so you think that will be an advantage. If there’s no chance anyone else has one you’re correct and can rob me. If there’s a better chance me or anyone around me has one and will kill you, you won’t even try it.

The truth is that criminals count on unarmed citizens. Once those citizens are on equal footing you people get a lot less brave.

Well let’s do this. You’re thinking of robbing someone. You have a gun so you think that will be an advantage. If there’s no chance anyone else has one you’re correct and can rob me. If there’s a better chance me or anyone around me has one and will kill you, you won’t even try it.

The truth is that criminals count on unarmed citizens. Once those citizens are on equal footing you people get a lot less brave.
That would only lead to more deaths and injuries. You're increasing the potential problems. , not decreasing them .

It only leads to the deaths of criminals. Which I’m fine with. You apparently are concerned about their well being and only the innocent get shot.
Only an idiot could think like that. The safety of ALL is my concern. Most crimes don't deserve the death penalty and the victims certainly don't deserve their fate

Only an idiot could think like that. The safety of ALL is my concern. Most crimes don't deserve the death penalty and the victims certainly don't deserve their fate
The victims get to decide that. You run up to my car and try to steal it and I blow your head off this trial is over. If ten people run into a store smashing and grabbing and the employees kill 8 and wound 2. Well the two can go to prison. We have 8 less trials to pay for. That’s a win for everyone.

The problem with you is you think someone shouldn’t lose their life for just stealing your property. A life is worth more than your item. That’s not the case. The criminal decided their life was worth less than stealing. They decided to rob a person or a store because they also think their criminal action shouldn’t result in their death. It should be worth exactly that.

When that’s the option. They will stop stealing.

Forum List

Back