How to make Republicans unstoppable.

Seperate issue, but one I think we probably could agree on. It gets back to why you built the bridge in the first place.

I dont have a problem with building a bridge. I am just not going to presume that because a bridge is built the economy is going to recover when we are destroying the marketplace with overdone regulation and taxation

BTW. Ive noticed that taking rdeans advice has done so well with making the Democrats "unstoppable". They have control over both houses of Congress and the Presidency and yet cant get what they say is their agenda done.

One bridge falls down and the Chicken Littles start screeching that all bridges in America are about to collapse. Typical silly fear mongering politics. "Just give us all your cash or all the bridges are going to fall down tomorrow!!!" Sound about right? Politicians have unfortunately taken shallow fear mongering to all new heights. One bridge falling down in Minnesota does not = All bridges in America are about to collapse. Just another sad scam. Shame on them.

One bridge falls down and the Chicken Littles start screeching that all bridges in America are about to collapse. Typical silly fear mongering politics. "Just give us all your cash or all the bridges are going to fall down tomorrow!!!" Sound about right? Politicians have unfortunately taken shallow fear mongering to all new heights. One bridge falling down in Minnesota does not = All bridges in America are about to collapse. Just another sad scam. Shame on them.

Tomorrow, no.

Eventually, yes. Bridges and roads require monthly and yearly maintainence. There are some alarming reports from the engineers who built these things that say that the infrastructure is starting to deteroriate rapidly from neglect.

This is an issue akin to home owner ship. If you buy a 1 million dollar home and perform no upkeep, in a few years time it'll be a 10,000 dollar home. That same is true of the nation.

It's all about fear mongering at this point. It's a shallow way for politicians to advance their agendas. Unfortunately the Media engages in the same fear mongering tactics. They take one bridge falling down in Minnesota and turn it into "Give us all your cash right now or all bridges in America are going to collapse tomorrow!!!" I have some shocking news for everyone...Bridges do fall down and will continue to fall down. That's just the way it is. It is hardly an "epidemic" though. So don't fall prey to the shallow fear mongering. Just think for yourself and don't live in fear. Common sense and reason are always the right way to go. Hey just my take anyway.

Last edited:
Do you have a link to back that up?

Medical Bills Cause of Bankruptcies

That one popped right of Google, almost no effort required.

I personally can vouch for it. My Dad left behind a house worth <$10,000, about $20,000 or less in life insurance, and almost nothing past that. He spent most of his life without health insurance (pre-existing conditions) and only acquired it at the end when Mom got it through her work as a cashier (thank god). The pre-insurance Medical bills at the end would have not only bankrupted my Mom, but would have emptied out my life savings (about 3 months of income for my wife and myself).

Its gotten ridiculous out there. Dying is quickly becoming the single biggest expense for a family.
According to The Medical Bankruptcy Myth &mdash; The American, A Magazine of Ideas, gov't takeover of our healthcare system won't help one bit.

Everyone? Who is everyone?

Come one, Republicans vote as a block. Even when they have barely a majority in the Senate or the House, they still manage to pass their agenda no mater what it is. They also stop the Democrats from doing anything.
Regardless of the number of votes, Republicans remain the most powerful political party in the US.

So we are shrinking the government, eliminating waste, lowering taxes, shrinking the national debt and putting conservative judges on the bench. When did this happen?

Well, consevrvatives DID lower taxes!!

Now all that other stuff, have you seriously thought about voting Libertarian?

(By the way,Avatar, a lack of regulations/oversite can be just as damaging as well. Also, there is a point where cutting taxes will not cover the government expenses. In order to reduce the Debt, there has to be a proven concrete plan of debt reduction that combines spending cuts and maybe Government property sell offf in order to get the finances back into the black.)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back