How to make Republicans unstoppable.

R

rdean

George Bush executed Bin Laden’s plan to damage the US perfectly. Billions spent on nothing positive and our military worn out. Recruitment up in al Qaeda. Of course, Bush added Iraq, his own idea. A master stroke that even Bin Laden didn’t see coming.

So for the Republicans, “What’s next”?

Everyone says the Republicans, for all the damage they cause, still get “things” done. Imagine if they actually supported some of the current Democratic policies?

For instance, rebuilding America’s infrastructure is a no brainer. We all know about the 2007 bridge collapse in Minnesota during rush hour and how that led to the discovery of more than 70,000 unsafe bridges nationwide. To rebuild bridges takes heavy equipment, and bridge materials. Just those two things leads to how many thousands of jobs? Then add the actual bridge construction and the roads to and from the bridges. All those jobs creating a huge tax base creating revenue for even more jobs.

Imagine if the Republicans took the lead and made those things happen? Couldn’t ya just die? They would be unstoppable in the next election.

Democrats have three main plans to rebuild the economy short term.
1. Get out of Iraq and Afghanistan
2. Let the Bush tax cuts for the rich expire.
3. Grow the economy (jobs)

Long term? Reign in the number one cause of bankruptcy, the cost of health care.

Not sure what the Republican plan is. They never actually spell it out. Would be interesting to know.

But still, if the Republicans could actually get behind one thing that actually helped the US, they would be unstoppable. Rebuilding the infrastructure would make Republicans even richer; it would be good for America and would create jobs. Finally, they would have something to run on besides, “Quit buying food for stray animals, it only helps them breed”.

Everyone? Who is everyone?

Come one, Republicans vote as a block. Even when they have barely a majority in the Senate or the House, they still manage to pass their agenda no mater what it is. They also stop the Democrats from doing anything.
Regardless of the number of votes, Republicans remain the most powerful political party in the US.

They also stop the Democrats from doing anything.
Which for the most part is a good thing.

Reign in the number one cause of bankruptcy, the cost of health care.
Do you have a link to back that up?

What should be at the top of CH's agenda? Cutting tax rates, slashing spending, getting out of Iraq and Afghanistan ASAP (but in an organized fashion). These are things that will serve to bolster our economy's recovery better than anything else. JMO.

Last edited:

What should be at the top of CH's agenda? Cutting tax rates, slashing spending, getting out of Iraq and Afghanistan ASAP (but in an organized fashion). These are things that will serve to bolster our economy's recovery better than anything else. JMO.

Come on, the link to the number one cause of bankruptcy has been posted dozens of times.

Where has Obama been spending? Besides on Iraq and Afghanistan. The tarp LOANS to banks are being paid back and so far the US has taken in billions in interest.
Only half the stimulus money has been spent.

The real cost are the tax cuts for the very rich, healthcare, jobs moving overseas, and the two senseless wars. Hey, how come Republicans refuse to discuss those things?

I remember during the election when one man complained to John McCain about his job moving overseas. McCain told the guy to go back to school and get a degree. The man said, "I have a degree. My job moved overseas."

George Bush executed Bin Laden’s plan to damage the US perfectly. Billions spent on nothing positive and our military worn out. Recruitment up in al Qaeda. Of course, Bush added Iraq, his own idea. A master stroke that even Bin Laden didn’t see coming.

So you are privy to Osama Bin Laden's plans? How long have you been a close enough aide to him for him to reveal this plan to you? Do you feel the Obama administration is so incompetant that you can publicly announce this close connection and they will do nothing to stop you?

So for the Republicans, “What’s next”?

Continue to preserve our liberty. What else would we do?

Everyone says the Republicans, for all the damage they cause, still get “things” done. Imagine if they actually supported some of the current Democratic policies?

Why would we want to intentionally damage the United States?

For instance, rebuilding America’s infrastructure is a no brainer. We all know about the 2007 bridge collapse in Minnesota during rush hour and how that led to the discovery of more than 70,000 unsafe bridges nationwide. To rebuild bridges takes heavy equipment, and bridge materials. Just those two things leads to how many thousands of jobs? Then add the actual bridge construction and the roads to and from the bridges. All those jobs creating a huge tax base creating revenue for even more jobs.

So you think funding people to do work they are going to do anyway is going to create more jobs? If it's such a no brainer, why havent you done it? You have control of the House, Senate, and Presidency. What is stopping you? And dont say Republicans because until last week we had no power to stop you.

Imagine if the Republicans took the lead and made those things happen? Couldn’t ya just die? They would be unstoppable in the next election.

Exactly what were we supposed to do? You have the power. We could unanimously vote for everything we want to do and we would lose because you dont want it. Do you understand that? We have NO power

First, if you have had this plan prior to today, you wouldnt have spent the past year and a half ignoring it.

Second, Obama ran on continuing the fight in Aghanistan. He isnt pulling out any time soon. Though he isnt going to fight to win either. We started pulling out of Iraq since before Obama took office. We won, get over it.

However, none of that will help the economy grow.

Third, Explain how taking more money from the economy is going to make the economy grow.

Fourth, Grow the economy isn't a plan. It's a desired result. You need to enact or repeal legislation that will create the environment that the economy can grow in. You dont have a clue what that environment is or you wouldnt be talking about tax increases.

Long term? Reign in the number one cause of bankruptcy, the cost of health care.

Well, I find it difficult to imagine that making health care more inefficient and making people pay more by force is going to grow the economy. I fail how eliminating choice and competition will help the economy. I fail to see how bribing Senators is going to help the economy. But since you never needed our help to begin with you really cant complain when you are too incompetant to govern against the will of the people that you cant get away with it.

Tell me something, how many people would be bankrupt if the government wasnt taking 1/3 of their paycheck every year? How much of the taxpayer money is being wasted on your pet government programs that never work? How about instead of making things worse, you pay off the debt so the Dollar has some sort of value in the coming future instead of intentionally trying to devalue the dollar to create a crisis in which to force your agenda through?

Not sure what the Republican plan is. They never actually spell it out. Would be interesting to know.

If you dont know the Republican plan it's only because you are too stupid to read.

But still, if the Republicans could actually get behind one thing that actually helped the US, they would be unstoppable. Rebuilding the infrastructure would make Republicans even richer; it would be good for America and would create jobs. Finally, they would have something to run on besides, “Quit buying food for stray animals, it only helps them breed”.

Idle curiousity. I have nothing against bridges, but how does a bridge generate wealth? Do you have any idea what does generate wealth? Wealth is generated when people are free to make their own choices in employment and when they are free to generate profit by providing a good or service to the community.

Profit. You know, the thing you hate so much. The thing you keep trying to take away so you can use it to do your social projects that dont create profit or benefit the community. Until you accept that profit is not bad, you will never fix the economy.

Come one, Republicans vote as a block. Even when they have barely a majority in the Senate or the House, they still manage to pass their agenda no mater what it is. They also stop the Democrats from doing anything.
Regardless of the number of votes, Republicans remain the most powerful political party in the US.

So we are shrinking the government, eliminating waste, lowering taxes, shrinking the national debt and putting conservative judges on the bench. When did this happen?

I'm confused. The Democrats have control over both Houses of Congress. How can the Republicans stop the Democrats from doing anything they want to do? I think your statement "They also stop the Democrats from doing anything" is a bogus charge. It's the Democrats that can't get their shit together. You're talking out of your ass.

Dems have been in power for a year now. Still not out of Iraq and Afganistan.
Dems are still in power and can raise whatever taxes they want to.

"Grow the economy"? Gee, why didn't we think of that. You really one-upped us there with that brillant idea.

Rebuilding the infrastructure would make Republicans even richer; it would be good for America and would create jobs.
Wow, suddenly people getting rich would be good for America and creating jobs. Nice to see one of you liberals finally admit that. Tell me, why wouldn't this philosophy work for every other sector of the economy besides construction? You pretty much answered your own question of what the Republican plan will be with that one.

Last edited:

A study done in 2005, that is even more true today. And the Republican's like it that way.

Illness and medical bills caused half of the 1,458,000 personal bankruptcies in 2001, according to a study published by the journal Health Affairs.

The study estimates that medical bankruptcies affect about 2 million Americans annually -- counting debtors and their dependents, including about 700,000 children.

Surprisingly, most of those bankrupted by illness had health insurance. More than three-quarters were insured at the start of the bankrupting illness. However, 38 percent had lost coverage at least temporarily by the time they filed for bankruptcy

Read more: Medical Bills Leading Cause of Bankruptcy, Harvard Study Finds

Here we go again...A far left whackaloon telling republicans how to win.

And, shocker of all shockers, that "sage advice" involves advising them to move even farther left than they already have!!

Next thing you know, Joe Girardi sends Terry Fancona a list of ways that the Red Sox can beat the Yankees. :rolleyes:

And, shocker of all shockers, that "sage advice" involves advising them to move even farther left than they already have!!

Next thing you know, Joe Girardi sends Terry Fancona a list of ways that the Red Sox can beat the Yankees. :rolleyes:

Curious, why do Republicans think investing in and rebuilding America after years of Republican neglect is a "bad" far left thing?

Yes, trouble is, they have no ideas, plans thus no agenda except for saying no. You know, party of no. :cuckoo:

Medical Bills Cause of Bankruptcies

That one popped right of Google, almost no effort required.

I personally can vouch for it. My Dad left behind a house worth <$10,000, about $20,000 or less in life insurance, and almost nothing past that. He spent most of his life without health insurance (pre-existing conditions) and only acquired it at the end when Mom got it through her work as a cashier (thank god). The pre-insurance Medical bills at the end would have not only bankrupted my Mom, but would have emptied out my life savings (about 3 months of income for my wife and myself).

Its gotten ridiculous out there. Dying is quickly becoming the single biggest expense for a family.

Last edited:

Curious, why do Republicans think investing in and rebuilding America after years of Republican neglect is a "bad" far left thing?

You really are nothing but a partisan hack arent you?

Idle curiousity. I have nothing against bridges, but how does a bridge generate wealth?

Quality Infrastructure facilitates trade, which helps draw in business, which creates jobs and profit, which generates wealth.

Infrastructure is one of the very few constructive ways that government can facilitate business grow. The other is tax credits/exemptions for taxes that probably shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Idle curiousity. I have nothing against bridges, but how does a bridge generate wealth?

Quality Infrastructure facilitates trade, which helps draw in business, which creates jobs and profit, which generates wealth.

Infrastructure is one of the very few constructive ways that government can facilitate business grow. The other is tax credits/exemptions for taxes that probably shouldn't have been there in the first place.

IOW, in and of itself, the bridge doesn't generate any wealth whatsoever.

What good is a bridge when the government regulates and tax commerce to a halt?

IOW, in and of itself, the bridge doesn't generate any wealth whatsoever.

In and of itself? No, it doesn't. Unless it is a toll bridge, but in that case the next effect on trade is lessened.

Quality infrastructure helps. Considering that having a quality interstate system to move troops and supplies is also a national security issue, I'm not sure why the GOP don't get behind improving the infrastructure.

What good is a bridge when the government regulates and tax commerce to a halt?

Seperate issue, but one I think we probably could agree on. It gets back to why you built the bridge in the first place.

I think the Republicans are going to do just fine without Democrat advice. The biggest problem with the Republicans is that they have been far too much like Democrats for far too long. There are no real differences between Barack Obama,George Bush,and John McCain. Their policies are almost identical. The Republicans just need to get back to their Conservative roots and they should begin regaining some power. Being more like Democrats is definitely NOT the answer.

Forum List

Back