how to explain gay rights to an idiot

I don't pretend to understand the gay lifestyle. Completely foreign to me.

However, I have to problem with gays or gay marriage.

I can see why its not accepted by some and thats their choice. Free country after all.

I completely agree with the States rights on this as well.

Thanks for posting this TM, I didn't know suckin' a dick was a "Civil Right".

"All we are saying, is take cocks in ass!"

"I have a dream, that one day all Americans will take a cock in the ass!"

"Truth, Justice, and a Cock in the Ass!"

"Baseball, Hotdogs, Apple Pie and Dicks in Ass!"

"I regret that I have only One Dick to stick in someones ass!"

If a man is not allowed to take a dick (or a fist) in his ass is that man truly free? I think not. It's all so clear to me now!

Speaking of ass fucking...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJbzFYaf0xI]Roea Wallace on Howard Stern - Fuck The President - YouTube[/ame]

I'm guessing that was recorded during Bush's term, right?

In Oklahoma we have a constitutional amendment that says that marriage is between one man and one woman. It also says that the state of Oklahoma will not recognize same-sex marriages performed in any other state. It has already survived three attempts to overturn it AND the Oklahoma Supreme Court has ruled it is constitutional. I helped pass that amendment. I gave money to the effort to pass the amendment and I believe it is the right thing for Oklahoma.

That is not the case in California and other states. And quite frankly, I believe that this is a state's rights issue. If any state in this union believes that same-sex marriage is something they want to acknowledge, then I say that they are absolutely, 100% within their right to do so.

Any other arguement is crap soup...

A reason I would not go to Oklahoma nor advise any one I know to go thru Oklahoma. Don't need to visit a 3rd world country like place.

You see?

This is what pisses me off.

"if you dont think like me then you are an asshole"

Fucked up attitude...and gets us nowhere.

Sorry, you misunderstood me, Jarhead. I do not go places where, if I or my wife had an accident or became ill, we would NOT be protected by law. It's not an insult, it's purely a wise decision to stay away from 3rd world type places. We don't go into Mexico either. or Texas.

Last edited:

She does. The problem for us is that her values are that America = American Government = Society = Keeper/Provider = Ruler. It's all encompassing, so government not recognizing gay marriage greatly distresses her because it does really mean that gays aren't accepted by everything she hold's dear. I'm of the mind I don't give a rat's ass what government thinks, so I can never actually understand her view. But I don't think it's that she doesn't understand the issue, it's that we can never grasp her problem with it.

In Oklahoma we have a constitutional amendment that says that marriage is between one man and one woman. It also says that the state of Oklahoma will not recognize same-sex marriages performed in any other state. It has already survived three attempts to overturn it AND the Oklahoma Supreme Court has ruled it is constitutional. I helped pass that amendment. I gave money to the effort to pass the amendment and I believe it is the right thing for Oklahoma.

That is not the case in California and other states. And quite frankly, I believe that this is a state's rights issue. If any state in this union believes that same-sex marriage is something they want to acknowledge, then I say that they are absolutely, 100% within their right to do so.

Any other arguement is crap soup...

A reason I would not go to Oklahoma nor advise any one I know to go thru Oklahoma. Don't need to visit a 3rd world country like place.
Oklahoma is not alone. This is part of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Virginia:

Only a union between one man and one woman may be a marriage valid in or recognized by this Commonwealth and its political subdivisions. This Commonwealth and its political subdivisions shall not create or recognize a legal status for relationships of unmarried individuals that intends to approximate the design, qualities, significance, or effects of marriage. Nor shall this Commonwealth or its political subdivisions create or recognize another union, partnership, or other legal status to which is assigned the rights, benefits, obligations, qualities, or effects of marriage.​

Not even civil unions between same sexes are recognized.

I don't go there either...tho it is a shame, I have relatives there. But they understand our reasoning...and have at times expressed embarassment that their state has such a law on the books. I believe I have mentioned this in the past too.

Oklahoma is not alone. This is part of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Virginia:

Only a union between one man and one woman may be a marriage valid in or recognized by this Commonwealth and its political subdivisions. This Commonwealth and its political subdivisions shall not create or recognize a legal status for relationships of unmarried individuals that intends to approximate the design, qualities, significance, or effects of marriage. Nor shall this Commonwealth or its political subdivisions create or recognize another union, partnership, or other legal status to which is assigned the rights, benefits, obligations, qualities, or effects of marriage.​

Not even civil unions between same sexes are recognized.

I don't go there either...tho it is a shame, I have relatives there. But they understand our reasoning...and have at times expressed embarassment that their state has such a law on the books. I believe I have mentioned this in the past too.
Sounds like a good place to raise the only correct kind of family. Way to go.

Not the right to legally marry, except in some states and not federally recognised....yet.

They do not have the right to force their sick perversions down my throat.

Right. And I would stand with you if anyone tried to pass laws forcing you to behave in a gay manner or have to have a gay marriage.

They need to keep their sex life in their own homes.

I would like to have heteros NEED to keep their sex life in their own homes too. Are you suggesting civil laws to enforce that?

And, it is not a life style, it is a choice.

So is religion, and yet people of different religions are allowed to civilly marry. So, tho I disagree with you the "choice vs. born that way" issue is moot.

What rights are being denied?

The right to a legal marriage of consenting, law-abiding, tax-paying adults. And it's actual a right denied due to gender, not sexual orientation.

It is gender discrimination by the government....against the 14th amendment.

Marriage is a right?
Why do people need a license for it, then?

Check this out....

Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

particularly this clause:

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

And this:

Loving v. Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

particularly this part of the decision:

Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival....

So...the options are, in order to maintain the 14th Amendment requirement that all law-abiding, tax-paying citizens be treated equally under the law:

1) ALL civil marriages cease and cease to be recognised along with the 1000+ benefits, protections, & privileges

-or-

2) Legal civil marriage be opened to all law-abiding, tax-paying citizens and not withheld due to gender of both applicants.

Forum List

Back