Question for Republicans who aren't Paul supporters

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
Would you rather have Paul or Obama?

With Paul you get closer to the fiscal policies you want.

With Obama you get closer to the foreign policy you want.

What say you?

With either one, the US will propel itself into a very serious war with no means or will to defend itself.

Who would you rather own that conflict? Whichever party invites this kind of destruction is going to be punished for many years to come. I'd rather it be the democrats and end the marxist stranglehold they have on the nation.

I am not a Paul supporter (quite frankly, as of this time, I don't know exactly who will have my support this coming election)

I would rather have Paul over Obama, without question... even though I would still have serious concerns about the country... just not as much in the fiscal sense

With either one, the US will propel itself into a very serious war with no means or will to defend itself.

Who would you rather own that conflict? Whichever party invites this kind of destruction is going to be punished for many years to come. I'd rather it be the democrats and end the marxist stranglehold they have on the nation.

Why haven't we been "propelled into a very serious war with no means or will to defend ourself" despite being 3 years into Obama's presidency then?

Although I like Paul on some fiscal issues he's SO misguided on foreign policy that he's totally unelectable as President. The only reason he's still in the discussion is that he has a strong base of Libertarians and strong network of supporters in Iowa.

Although I like Paul on some fiscal issues he's SO misguided on foreign policy that he's totally unelectable as President. The only reason he's still in the discussion is that he has a strong base of Libertarians and strong network of supporters in Iowa.

So you pick Obama?

If Paul was the nominee I'd certainly vote for him. But ditto for whomever gets the nomination whether they're my favorite or least favorite Republican candidate. The mission is to retire Barry to Habitat for Humanity in '13, not '17.

I'm not a supporter of Paul although I agree with him on many issues. I don't think he has a chance to overcome the two top cadidates, but I would certainly vote for Paul above Obama. The next president will bring in a host of new advisors and be open to bring in expertise in areas of the economy and foreign affairs. Something we need.

ABO.

Why haven't we been "propelled into a very serious war with no means or will to defend ourself" despite being 3 years into Obama's presidency then?

The process is on going right now! We have lost Pakistan as any kind of ally aginst terrorists. obama has them in negotiations with the very terrorists they were helping us fight before he got stupid. Iran has one of our most technologically advanced pieces of equipment. Iran is going to close the Strait of Hormuz. obama's support for terrorists in Libya and Egypt have both of them now under Al Quaeda/Muslim Brotherhood control.

What do you think is going on?

The process is on going right now! We have lost Pakistan as any kind of ally aginst terrorists. obama has them in negotiations with the very terrorists they were helping us fight before he got stupid. Iran has one of our most technologically advanced pieces of equipment. Iran is going to close the Strait of Hormuz. obama's support for terrorists in Libya and Egypt have both of them now under Al Quaeda/Muslim Brotherhood control.

Libya has been controlled by terrorists for decades, terrorists have been coming out of Egypt for decades, Iran having a drone means nothing and we've been enemies with them for decades, Pakistan has never been stable.

Same ol same ol. No need for freaking out.

Libya has been controlled by terrorists for decades, terrorists have been coming out of Egypt for decades, Iran having a drone means nothing and we've been enemies with them for decades, Pakistan has never been stable.

Same ol same ol. No need for freaking out.

When it comes to pumping up authoritarian government, there is ALWAYS a need for freaking out.

You are making a great case for non-interventionism.

Would you rather have Paul or Obama?
Paul

With Paul you get closer to the fiscal policies you want.
And this is what I like about Paul.

With Obama you get closer to the foreign policy you want.
I don't like what Bush did with Iraq nor what Obama did in instigating the Arab Spring and his installing an Islamic Theocracy in Libya. However, my pause on jumping on the Paul bandwagon comes with his calling for closing the FBI, CIA, NSA, DHS, NSA, INS, DEA etc. I also don't agree with his stances on the threat of Islamic Terrorist, its too Neville Chamberlain for me. None of the European countries have military bases on "Islamic Lands," but they all have a far worse problem with Islamofacist then we do. They are headed for a cultural clash with in the next 25 years.

His naive stance here is what causes me to pause and not back him.

My belief that he is TRULY the only person that will make the large cuts in spending, regulation and taxation that are needed for this country to thrive is what makes me want to jump behind him!

So you pick Obama?

It's not black or white. I am not a fan of Santorum or Bachmann, but if they somehow one I would pick them (and so would the majority of Americans). My candidated got defamed out of the race and I am not as crazy about the other candidates. Although Romney is probably who I will go with.

I think IL comes after super Tuesday. I do not wish to toss my vote away. Therefore, I will see how I like between the two leaders.

And you didn't even mention the worst relationship with Israel in years, and Christians being burned out of Egypt.

Foreign policy expert is the obama!!:eusa_clap:

And you didn't even mention the worst relationship with Israel in years, and Christians being burned out of Egypt.

Foreign policy expert is the obama!!:eusa_clap:

obama despises Israel, almost as much as Ron Paul does. The slaughter of the Christians was to be expected once Mubarak was gone.

Forum List

Back