how to explain gay rights to an idiot

A reason I would not go to Oklahoma nor advise any one I know to go thru Oklahoma. Don't need to visit a 3rd world country like place.
Oklahoma is not alone. This is part of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Virginia:

Only a union between one man and one woman may be a marriage valid in or recognized by this Commonwealth and its political subdivisions. This Commonwealth and its political subdivisions shall not create or recognize a legal status for relationships of unmarried individuals that intends to approximate the design, qualities, significance, or effects of marriage. Nor shall this Commonwealth or its political subdivisions create or recognize another union, partnership, or other legal status to which is assigned the rights, benefits, obligations, qualities, or effects of marriage.​

Not even civil unions between same sexes are recognized.

I don't go there either...tho it is a shame, I have relatives there. But they understand our reasoning...and have at times expressed embarassment that their state has such a law on the books. I believe I have mentioned this in the past too.

You don't visit specific states and countries because of laws that are in place ?
Does this mean your vacation to Iran is postponed?

You come across as mildly retarded.

What rights are being denied?

The right to a legal marriage of consenting, law-abiding, tax-paying adults. And it's actual a right denied due to gender, not sexual orientation.

It is gender discrimination by the government....against the 14th amendment.

Homosexual horseshit.

Marriage is a union between opposite sexes. The function of marriage is to provide a legal sanction for the protection of mothers and children. It doesn't exist so two fuck buddies can get government benefits.

The right to a legal marriage of consenting, law-abiding, tax-paying adults. And it's actual a right denied due to gender, not sexual orientation.

Marriage is a right?
Why do people need a license for it, then?

Check this out....

Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

particularly this clause:

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
And this:

Loving v. Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

particularly this part of the decision:

Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival....
So...the options are, in order to maintain the 14th Amendment requirement that all law-abiding, tax-paying citizens be treated equally under the law:

1) ALL civil marriages cease and cease to be recognised along with the 1000+ benefits, protections, & privileges

-or-

2) Legal civil marriage be opened to all law-abiding, tax-paying citizens and not withheld due to gender of both applicants.

The reason behind licensing for marriage was to prevent brothers and sisters or close cousins from marrying.
They don't have an absolute right to marry any more than siblings do..

Don't misunderstand me, Bo.
I think you've seen my stance before.
I am all for Civil Unions or Domestic Partnerships.
But you can't put an eraser on a Sharpie and call it a Pencil.

The company I work for, and our insurers, recognize and cover gay couples the same as heteros and I'm proud of that benefit we offer.

We've already re-defined "bad", "hot" and "cool" :cool:
I'm just not in favor of re-defining 'marriage'.

Oklahoma is not alone. This is part of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Virginia:

Only a union between one man and one woman may be a marriage valid in or recognized by this Commonwealth and its political subdivisions. This Commonwealth and its political subdivisions shall not create or recognize a legal status for relationships of unmarried individuals that intends to approximate the design, qualities, significance, or effects of marriage. Nor shall this Commonwealth or its political subdivisions create or recognize another union, partnership, or other legal status to which is assigned the rights, benefits, obligations, qualities, or effects of marriage.​

I don't go there either...tho it is a shame, I have relatives there. But they understand our reasoning...and have at times expressed embarassment that their state has such a law on the books. I believe I have mentioned this in the past too.

You don't visit specific states and countries because of laws that are in place ?

Mildly?

You're way too kind.

You have the same right to marry someone of the opposite sex as anyone else.

Your argument only works on those who are already convinced. Rational people, on the other hand, can see that it's utter crap. Equating a union between people of the opposite sex with a union between people of the same sex is the purest form of demagoguery.

Marriage is a right?

Check this out....

Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

And this:

Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival....

So...the options are, in order to maintain the 14th Amendment requirement that all law-abiding, tax-paying citizens be treated equally under the law:

1) ALL civil marriages cease and cease to be recognised along with the 1000+ benefits, protections, & privileges

-or-

2) Legal civil marriage be opened to all law-abiding, tax-paying citizens and not withheld due to gender of both applicants.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_334td7t5I]Jerry Springer Show - Grandma and Grandson - YouTube[/ame]

As far as Liberals are concerned, what two consensual adults do in the privacy of their homes is normal and acceptable. Like this....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYLownDCnhc&feature=related]Jerry Springer Show - Shocking Family Secrets - YouTube[/ame]

You must know something I don't know about me going to Iran. Not if you paid me 5 million dollars. So, ironically, I am not the one who comes across as "mildly" retarded.
:lol::lol::lol:

What rights are being denied?

Homosexual horseshit.

Marriage is a union between opposite sexes. The function of marriage is to provide a legal sanction for the protection of mothers and children. It doesn't exist so two fuck buddies can get government benefits.

So, you don't think the government should provide a legal sanction for the protection of people who are not mothers.

What have YOU done to change the law to make marriage illegal for those who do not have children?

You have no business worrying about what kind of sex someone has in the privacy of their home in a free country MS.

Well technically he can 'worry' about it all he wants....but that's about it. The better solution to marriage issue however, would be for the government to not legally recognize any type of marriage.

Marriage is a right?

Check this out....

And this:

-or-

The reason behind licensing for marriage was to prevent brothers and sisters or close cousins from marrying.

You, of course, have historical documentation to back that up.

They don't have an absolute right to marry any more than siblings do..

Actually, adoptive or step-siblings DO have the right to marry.

Don't misunderstand me, Bo.
I think you've seen my stance before.
I am all for Civil Unions or Domestic Partnerships.
But you can't put an eraser on a Sharpie and call it a Pencil.

The company I work for, and our insurers, recognize and cover gay couples the same as heteros and I'm proud of that benefit we offer.

We've already re-defined "bad", "hot" and "cool" :cool:
I'm just not in favor of re-defining 'marriage'.

Then the word "marriage" needs to be stricken from all legal documentation and the words "civil union" needs to be inserted for hetero and homo marriages. Equal under the Law....it's the American Way....or at least it should be.

More consenting adults...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82haZ8Qmagk&feature=related]Jerry Springer Show: "Oops ... I Had Sex With a Tranny!" - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back