How to Debate a Climate Alarmists

Oooops, this is a democracy and a majority of Americans accept the IPCC conclusions, disagree with Trump's anti-environmentalism and think we need to be doing something about AGW.

So... YOU LOSE

Really?

Then why has there been zero climate change action in the US for over 10 years? I'll happily accept the "loser" tag s0n!!

Peoples feelings about something are not important...….as lesson missed by the modern progressive! Words are ghey…...the only thing that matters is action ( behavior ). Nobody cares about climate change in America......the congressional record proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt.:bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::coffee:

Someone who loses is a LOSER and losers are really, really, really poor debaters, on AGW and any other topic that should arise.

Your statement that "Every argument from Democrats and Liberals is a misrepresentation, a fabrication, or a bald-faced lie.." is irrational and, of course, false.
Actually he is dead on correct... As for proof of that, where is your empirical, observed, quantifiable and repeatable science showing AGW to be outside of natural variation norms? Still waiting after three years..

I am not every democrat or every liberal you fool. To try to use your characterization of my behavior as proof that every member of a group does something is a method a fourth grader wouldn't use. And to say that every democrat and every liberal all do ANYTHING exactly the same is utter nonsense.

Oooops, this is a democracy and a majority of Americans accept the IPCC conclusions, disagree with Trump's anti-environmentalism and think we need to be doing something about AGW.

So... YOU LOSE
upload_2019-3-2_22-35-54.jpeg

Wrong. That Americans should give it a low priority does not mean they do not disagree with Trump's actions. When asked whether or not they agree with pulling out of the Paris Accords, the majority believe we should have remained in the agreement and that Trump was wrong to pull us out.
Majorities of Americans in Every State Support Participation in the Paris Agreement - Yale Program on Climate Change Communication
"Using methods developed for the Yale Climate Opinion Maps, we find that a majority of Americans in every state say that the United States should participate in the Paris Climate Agreement."
ParisGraph-1024x526.png

By a more than 5 to 1 margin, voters say the U.S. should participate in the Paris Agreement.
In a nationally representative survey conducted after the election, we found that seven in ten registered voters (69%) say the U.S. should participate in the COP21 agreement, compared with only 13% who say the U.S. should not. Majorities of Democrats (86%) and Independents (61%), and half of Republicans (51%) say the U.S. should participate (including 73% of moderate/liberal Republicans). Only conservative Republicans are split, with marginally more saying the U.S. should participate (40%) than saying we should not participate (34%).
Politics-and-Global-Warming-November-2016-01.png

Even close to half of Trump supporters think we should have stayed in.

2016_11_ccam_trump_voters-2.1.png

Support for withdrawal was very thin. As has been his constant practice, Trump only acts to retain his base, a minority of the American people.

So, it appears that the way to argue with us climate "alarmists" is to bullshit, since you've got nothing else to bring to the table.

If you want to win a debate with an alarmist simply ask for some observed, measured evidence which supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability...or ask them to produce a single published paper in which the claimed warming due to our activities has been empirically measured, quantified, and ascribed to so called greenhouse gasses...

At that point, the debate is over...the alarmist has lost and any further conversation consists of little more than their excuses for not being able to produce a single piece of data or a published paper that challenges your assertions....that and a lot of name calling.....neither the data nor the paper will ever materialize since none exist.....

"The Physical Science Basis" at www.ipcc.ch.

Debate won. It was never even a contest.

Like I said...the rest of the discussion is their various excuses for not being able to bring forward a single piece of observed, measured data that supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability, or a single published paper in which the claimed warming due to our activities has been empirically measured, quantified and blamed on so called greenhouse gasses...

We all know that there is nothing at that address that even begins to challenge my contention..if there were, you would be bringing it here and cramming it in my face every day...it would be your sig line...you would start threads about it...but you don't...because no such data or paper exists...

And you are right...it never was a contest...I knew that you couldn't produce before I ever even asked for the data or the paper...

When I look at all the California fires and the hurricanes and the snow and the rains and the tornadoes I sure am glad there’s no such thing as climate change.
Imagine how much worse it would be if climate change were real.
Thank God for Republican scientists. They believe in the Bible.

Bill Nye is a far left idiot like most climate alarmists.

Have you seen Nye's vid supporting abortion?

Bill Nye: Can We Stop Telling Women What to Do With Their Bodies?

Someone should appraise this dunce that the baby is not part of her body.

"Scientists Abandon Search For Bill Nye's Credibility
April 25th, 2017
article-923.jpg

U.S.—In a rare display of surrender, scientists across the nation have given up their extensive search to prove that Bill Nye “The Science Guy” is a reliable spokesperson for the principles of scientific inquiry.

According to sources, researchers threw in the towel after viewing a recent episode of Nye’s new variety show, Bill Nye Saves The World.

“We’ve wasted years of effort trying to prove he’s a credible, non-biased source of information,” one scientist told reporters. “We’ve tried and tried, utilizing the very best technology known to man, and now it’s time to move on to more promising fields of research.”

“It’s a lost cause,” he added grimly.

According to reports, Nye responded by pointing to his wardrobe of lab coats as evidence of his “sciency-ness,” and called all people who disagree with him “closed-minded Science Guy deniers.”
Scientists Abandon Search For Bill Nye's Credibility

April 25th, 2017
article-923.jpg

U.S.—In a rare display of surrender, scientists across the nation have given up their extensive search to prove that Bill Nye “The Science Guy” is a reliable spokesperson for the principles of scientific inquiry.

According to sources, researchers threw in the towel after viewing a recent episode of Nye’s new variety show, Bill Nye Saves The World.

“We’ve wasted years of effort trying to prove he’s a credible, non-biased source of information,” one scientist told reporters. “We’ve tried and tried, utilizing the very best technology known to man, and now it’s time to move on to more promising fields of research.”

According to reports, Nye responded by pointing to his wardrobe of lab coats as evidence of his “sciency-ness,” and called all people who disagree with him “closed-minded Science Guy deniers.”

Ha, conservatives don't believe in science, well other than it's sorcery.

When I look at all the California fires and the hurricanes and the snow and the rains and the tornadoes I sure am glad there’s no such thing as climate change.

No fires, hurricanes, snow, rains or tornadoes before we started using fossil fuels, eh Einstein?

April 25th, 2017
article-923.jpg

Watch me ram those words back down your throat:

1.Recently, John Stossel sat down with John Tierney. For 25 years, John Tierney has written about science for the New York Times, who ”recently argued that the real war on science comes from the left. That seems odd since surveys show people on the right are more likely to believe in creationism.

Tierney: Right, but creationism doesn't affect science. It doesn't affect the way science is done.

Stossel: But wait, what about President Bush's opposition to stem cell research?

George W. Bush: Destroying human life in the hopes of saving human life is not ethical.

Tierney: He didn't stop stem cell research….I can't find examples where the right-wing stopped the progress of science, whereas you can look on the left and you see so many areas that are taboo to research.

2.Stossel: Some research on genetically modified foods became taboo because of protests from the left. Tierney says that stifled research into what could have been a second Green Revolution to feed Africa. Also, Rachel Carson's Silent Spring and her baseless claim that DDT caused cancer in humans is still taught in high schools today, but there's no mention of the millions killed by malaria because countries needlessly banned DDT. And scientists can't even talk about whether genes affect intelligence.

3. Tierney: People who studied IQ needed bodyguards for their lectures. It's something that can't be discussed.

Stossel: Likewise, researching gender differences has become taboo.

Tierney: You can't talk about sexual differences between men and women. I mean, it's ok if they favor women. You can say that men are more likely to commit crimes, but you can't suggest anything that there might be some kind of sexual difference that might predispose men to be more interested in a topic.

Stossel: Google fired engineer James Damore merely because he wrote a memo suggesting that sex differences might explain why more men work in tech.

Tierney: Damore just pointed out very basic scientific research about differences between the sexes. The experts in this, as soon as he published that memo, said, "Yes, he basically got the science right.

Stossel: But that didn’t matter.” The Left’s “War on Science”

You didn't know the climate changes?

Of course you don't you were taught by liberal Union Chicago school teachers

April 25th, 2017
article-923.jpg

Of course we do, who do you think came up with the big bang theory?

LOL.....and how has that "Republicans don't know science" strategy worked for ya in the last 20 years?:deal::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

:blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup:

You missed this that blows your claim out of your cozy basement, from Watts Up With That?

California’s government solely responsible for states forest management and wildfire debacle

May 14, 2019

Excerpt:

"The inept government, political and regulatory policies of California have clearly driven the present forest management calamitous conditions with that failure leading to disastrous wildfires throughout the state.

Those government and political leaders that are responsible for this situation that has been decades in the making have tried to conceal their incompetence by making scientifically unsupported propaganda claims that “climate change” caused this situation. These government driven problems are clearly identified in two recent reports – one by Cal Fire and the other by the California Legislative Analysts Office."

==========================================================================
Climate Change isn't the culprit, bad Government policies are, (Democrats.....)

Now see Deanrd ignore this inconvenience...……………...

:blowup:

Conservatives believe in EDUCATION, and SCIENCE. We just don't believe in the Liberal/Progressive indoctrination in education and BIASED pseudo science.

Forum List

Back