How To Deal With A Liberal College War Protester

Eightball

Oct 13, 2004
I copy/pasted this from a post at Car And Driver Magazines online forum site. Credit for this post goes to
"ragnacor1234". That is the posters user-name.

I personally got a kick out of it.

How to Handle a Liberal College student who likes to protest war…

Peace Rally 101

What to do if you happen upon a peace rally by stupid Naive Hemp-shirt-wearing college idiots, to teach them why Force is sometimes needed:

1) Approach dumb rich ignorant student talking about "Peace" and saying there should be, "no retaliation".

2) engage in brief conversation, ask if military force is appropriate.

3) When he says "No," ask, "Why not?"

4) Wait until he says something to the effect of, "Because that would just

cause more innocent deaths, which would be awful and we should not cause more violence."

5) When he's in mid sentence, punch him in the face as hard as you can.

6) When he gets back up to punch you, point out that it would be a mistake

and contrary to his values to strike you, because that would, "be awful and he should not cause more violence."

7) Wait until he agrees that he has pledged not to commit additional violence.

8) Punch him in the face again, harder this time.

Repeat steps 5 through 8 until they understand that

sometimes it is necessary to fight back.
:nine:

I've seen a similar approach to moral absolutism. Here it is:

There are no absolutes.

That's one. *whack*

OW! You can't do that.

That's two.

Two what?

Absolutes. One is that there are no absolutes. Another is that I can't punch you. By the way, why can't I punch you? I mean, sure, from your perspective, it's wrong, but what's true for you isn't necessarily true for me, so I figured I'd punch you since that's right from my perspective.

Well, there are rules that need to be in place for society to survive. If anyone could punch anyone, it would be chaos.

That's four.

What?

There need to be rules to let society survive and society needs to survive. That makes four absolutes. Now, if you continue to cling to moral relativism, I'm afraid it will continue to remain right for me to punch you in the mouth.

Hobbit said:
I've seen a similar approach to moral absolutism. Here it is:

There are no absolutes.

That's one. *whack*

OW! You can't do that.

That's two.

Two what?

Absolutes. One is that there are no absolutes. Another is that I can't punch you. By the way, why can't I punch you? I mean, sure, from your perspective, it's wrong, but what's true for you isn't necessarily true for me, so I figured I'd punch you since that's right from my perspective.

Well, there are rules that need to be in place for society to survive. If anyone could punch anyone, it would be chaos.

That's four.

What?

There need to be rules to let society survive and society needs to survive. That makes four absolutes. Now, if you continue to cling to moral relativism, I'm afraid it will continue to remain right for me to punch you in the mouth.

I liked your analysis..........

Most of them have little common sense, so I like to mess with their heads a little while before I admit I'm in the military and I like Bush.
If i was a weaker (or stronger man perhaps?) man I would be taking advantage of the dumb girls, because all the IQ in the world can't save a bimbo like that from one predator or another... in these cases an ultralib professor or organizer taking various liberties with his position.

You know.....I've often wondered how people can be so educated yet be so ignorant.

I guess the missing element is "wisdom". Wisdom I believe is the ability to take that gift of knowledge and use it appropriately.

Seems like these liberals who brandish their degrees, or professorships, over-look the "obvious" yet obsessively pound away at things.

They accuse the masses of not thinking or of not weighing the facts, yet they will literally foam at the mouth when you challenge their premises.

I've noticed a "deer in the head lights" kind of response with a dab of memorized rhetoric thrown in that usually comes back as their responses.

Example: They support our troops, yet what they do here at home gives strength to the enemies of our troops to fight-on even longer. So how can you say you support our troops yet give sympathy to those they fight.

Nationalism is taboo with the liberal culture as they connect or skew it with fascism or Naziism. Being patriotic will not give moral strength to the enemies of your country!

That original scenario I presented in the begining thread was brash and extreme.......yet, there are similarities with the old saying that "a conservative is a liberal that was mugged".

Liberals tend to think they hold all the cards in the deck when it comes to compassion, as they campaign for animals, women's choice, environment, third world country poor, AIDs victims etc.

When confronted with common sense answers that often involve: abstinance, peace through strength, baby's individual rights as human beings, self-control.......they patently get the "deer in the headlites" look and foam at the mouth again. lol

Maybe, Savage is right..........maybe there is some kind of brain damage here.........or maybe, "evil" isn't always blatantly ugly and overt, but is subtle and covertly hides under a mask of blanket-empathy/sympathy towards all things.

If anyone is interested, there's a book that I consider excellent, by an auther names M. Scott Peck, titled, "People Of The Lie". This guy was a psychologist, who through his profession, came to the conclusion that "evil" is a real thing or entity, in the human race, and it is not running around with horns and a pitch fork, but is very subtle, and covert in the human race. He quotes, case examples of patients whom he counseled over long periods of time, and how he started to see patterns to these folks that brought him to his conclusions.

Eightball said:
You know.....I've often wondered how people can be so educated yet be so ignorant.

I guess the missing element is "wisdom". Wisdom I believe is the ability to take that gift of knowledge and use it appropriately.

Seems like these liberals who brandish their degrees, or professorships, over-look the "obvious" yet obsessively pound away at things.

They accuse the masses of not thinking or of not weighing the facts, yet they will literally foam at the mouth when you challenge their premises.

I've noticed a "deer in the head lights" kind of response with a dab of memorized rhetoric thrown in that usually comes back as their responses.

Example: They support our troops, yet what they do here at home gives strength to the enemies of our troops to fight-on even longer. So how can you say you support our troops yet give sympathy to those they fight.

Nationalism is taboo with the liberal culture as they connect or skew it with fascism or Naziism. Being patriotic will not give moral strength to the enemies of your country!

That original scenario I presented in the begining thread was brash and extreme.......yet, there are similarities with the old saying that "a conservative is a liberal that was mugged".

Liberals tend to think they hold all the cards in the deck when it comes to compassion, as they campaign for animals, women's choice, environment, third world country poor, AIDs victims etc.

When confronted with common sense answers that often involve: abstinance, peace through strength, baby's individual rights as human beings, self-control.......they patently get the "deer in the headlites" look and foam at the mouth again. lol

Maybe, Savage is right..........maybe there is some kind of brain damage here.........or maybe, "evil" isn't always blatantly ugly and overt, but is subtle and covertly hides under a mask of blanket-empathy/sympathy towards all things.

If anyone is interested, there's a book that I consider excellent, by an auther names M. Scott Peck, titled, "People Of The Lie". This guy was a psychologist, who through his profession, came to the conclusion that "evil" is a real thing or entity, in the human race, and it is not running around with horns and a pitch fork, but is very subtle, and covert in the human race. He quotes, case examples of patients whom he counseled over long periods of time, and how he started to see patterns to these folks that brought him to his conclusions.

He also wrote "The Road Less Traveled", no?

Kathianne said:
He also wrote "The Road Less Traveled", no?

Yes, indeed!

Actually Peck went through some major changes in his life during the writing of "People of the Lie". He was apparently quite the secularist, and when confronted with what he felt could only be "evil" as an entity in humans, this change in his life apparently started to happen.

I believe he is now a professed Christian.

Forum List

Back