How to be "brave" in Hollywood --- attack Christianity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pale Rider said:
Uuuummmm.... who PM'd who grunt? Better check yourself son. And I've never discust them on the board.

And my "attacks" aren't "personal". I "attack" what you "think". Big difference.

Who was talking about PMs....As for not being personal...yeah, right, I gotta bridge to sell you in Brooklyn...You're all over the show...

Pale Rider said:
He's obviously more for his own free speech than anyone else's, especially if they're Christian. Christian free speech is untimely whinning, oversenstive, hypercritical and cantankerous.

But a LIBERAL... oh now a liberal, when they bitch, it's enlightened, hip, cultivated and open minded.

Hypocrisy... liberals are the living deffinition.

I never thought I'd say it, but I actually agree with you to an extent. Most liberals praise unlimited free speech. But when it's not conducive to their policies of acceptance of everything and everyone, then they bitch and moan. Hence, we have created an overly-sensitive system of political correctness. Excuse me, but where did that free speech go that liberals passionately advocate? When a liberal group is offended, then free speech magically dissolves. Yet, when Holywood degrades Christianity, then it's okay.

While I vehemently disagree with the religious right, I think that freedom of speech is a two-way street. The church has the freedom to renounce lifestyles that do not conform to its standards as those who oppose the church have the right to criticize it. If liberals want to maintain the right to condemn christianity, then they best be able to handle the shit that they get back in return without coughing it up to political incorrectness. All PC is is a wall for many loud-mouths without guts to hide behind.

Both sides need to take it, if they can dish it out.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Dr Grump said:
I don't champion liberal causes, I just don't champion neocon ones.. :gay:

Maybe you should PM mattskrammer then. He's just like you. A fence sitter, who never takes a stand, but leans pretty heavy to the left.

jillian said:
Because he was only PART right, hon. He left out the salient point that the countries in which it is an issue also restrict other types of speech. BTW, also said I was against restrictions on speech. Perhaps you should go look at what I wrote. ;)

I don't recall you telling him he was "part right", either. You indicated that the whole idea of denial being illegal was false, and he proved you were wrong. Wrong 10 times over, in fact. You would do well to admit you were wrong, instead of trying to weasel out. It's a general debating standard.

Abbey Normal said:
I don't recall you telling him he was "part right", either. You indicated that the whole idea of denial being illegal was false, and he proved you were wrong. Wrong 10 times over, in fact. You would do well to admit you were wrong, instead of trying to weasel out. It's a general debating standard.

Oh...I see, one has to use the words "you're part right" or the comments aren't understood. I'll remember that next time someone pretends not to *get* what I wrote. Thanks.

liberalogic said:
Both sides need to take it, if they can dish it out.

Libs can't take it. They're usually wrong, after you cut through their bad analogies, simplistic thinking, and outright lies.

jillian said:
Oh...I see, one has to use the words "you're part right" or the comments aren't understood. I'll remember that next time someone pretends not to *get* what I wrote. Thanks.

Listen here, little miss wrong. You were proven absolutely wrong. Now grow up and quit being a stupid little pie sniffer.

Dr Grump said:
She didn't even come within a bull's roar...

You can't imagine how many people have told me that the analogy was right on target. It's very clear how it is hard for you to reconcile your irreconcilable argument that one thing is acceptable, the other not. It's not your fault really. The philosophies embodied by the left can never be reconciled, because they defy logic.

Pale Rider said:
Maybe you should PM mattskrammer then. He's just like you. A fence sitter, who never takes a stand, but leans pretty heavy to the left.

Um...unless you've been buried a rock for the past few days, you will see that I am not a fence sitter in any issues. I see my politics as centrist...Thing is, you are so far to the right, that anything slightly left to Atilla the Hun is pinko, communism...can't help that. That's on you....

Dr Grump said:
Um...unless you've been buried a rock for the past few days, you will see that I am not a fence sitter in any issues. I see my politics as centrist...Thing is, you are so far to the right, that anything slightly left to Atilla the Hun is pinko, communism...can't help that. That's on you....

No dude, you're a lib. Face it.

Abbey Normal said:

You can't imagine how many people have told me that the analogy was right on target. It's very clear how it is hard for you to reconcile your irreconcilable argument that one thing is acceptable, the other not. It's not your fault really. The philosophies embodied by the left can never be reconciled, because they defy logic.

I know. I saw those people that agreed. And every one of them on your side of the political spectrum. Gee I wonder why they agreed with you?? :clap1: Some of the philosophies of the left defy logic. So do those on the right most of the time....

rtwngAvngr said:
Libs can't take it.

Most neocons on this board, and others I visit, are usually the first to flame and insult, which would suggest the exact opposite of what you claim...see your post after this one i have quoted re "pie sniffer"...It is kinda cool that you prove a point without me having to do a thing..thanks RWA!! Now, go have a bagel....(that was an insult by the way)... :halo:

Dr Grump said:
Hey, if I was liberal I'd say so. Thing is, the term liberal as defined by you guys is pretty far from what I am.

From where I sit, you seem very much like a lesbian chimpanzee in ugly clothes.

Dr Grump said:
Most neocons on this board, and others I visit, are usually the first to flame and insult, which would suggest the exact opposite of what you claim...see your post after this one i have quoted re "pie sniffer"...It is kinda cool that you prove a point without me having to do a thing..thanks RWA!! Now, go have a bagel....(that was an insult by the way)... :halo:

Is that why you sent me that snotty little PM "FIRST"?

Pot... kettle... black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back