How to be "brave" in Hollywood --- attack Christianity

Status
Not open for further replies.
rtwngAvngr said:
SO without the holocaust, someone growing up today might think genocide is good?

No. The Holocaust occurred. Denying it is no less a crime than denying the American Revolution, the Roman Empire, South African apartheid, etc. It's a part of history and should be studied in its historical context, not outright denied because we don't like to talk about it, or because some people happen to not like Jews.

What is the justification for denying that the Holocaust is an actual historical event?

5stringJeff said:
No. The Holocaust occurred. Denying it is no less a crime than denying the American Revolution, the Roman Empire, South African apartheid, etc. It's a part of history and should be studied in its historical context, not outright denied because we don't like to talk about it, or because some people happen to not like Jews.

What is the justification for denying that the Holocaust is an actual historical event?

BUT it IS a crime in some countries. That's f'ed up, wouldn't you agree?

rtwngAvngr said:

I agree. But the question remains: what is the justification for denying that the Holocaust is an actual historical event?

5stringJeff said:
I agree. But the question remains: what is the justification for denying that the Holocaust is an actual historical event?

SHits and giggles?

5stringJeff said:

The Same justification for denying Evolution. It is impossible to prove because it could all be a huge conspiracy perpetrated by the Jews (in the case of the Holocaust)or God hiding dinosaur bones to throw us off (in the case of evolution).

deaddude said:
The Same justification for denying Evolution. It is impossible to prove because it could all be a huge conspiracy perpetrated by the Jews (in the case of the Holocaust)or God hiding dinosaur bones to throw us off (in the case of evolution).

Except that evolution is a scientific hypothesis, not a historical event.

deaddude said:

You just couldn't stay back from it, could you. You want to compare the flimsy evidence and wild conjectures of cross-species evolution to the piles of emperical, provable data on the Holocaust, fine, but do so in a different thread.

5stringJeff said:
Yeah... I routinely deny the horrific deaths of millions for fun. :rolleyes:

Well I deny the truth of one of the Major religions of the world, which is more fun?

KarlMarx said:
OK, let's write a book entitled "Big Ugly ******* who rape White Women"....

or "The Flaming Faggot --- adventures in hair dressing, group sex and cruising for young boys"

It will all be fiction of course, so no one should be offended.

But Karl... those books would be NON-fiction... :thup:

rtwngAvngr said:

Denial of the holocaust? Or some action based on that? You haven't stated anything else accurately, so you might want to substantiate that one.

And the pathological thing? You might want to look in a mirror to see what pathological looks like.

jillian said:
Denial of the holocaust? Or some action based on that? You haven't stated anything else accurately, so you might want to substantiate that one.

And the pathological thing? You might want to look in a mirror to see that one.

Denying the holocaust is illegal in some countries. Do you deny it? Thoughtcrimes --- go jews!

Abbey Normal said:
Come on Dr., it's just an "alternative thesis". Perhaps the wackos and anti-Semitic haters who spread these lies have uncovered a vast conspiracy to fabricate the Holocaust. Or perhaps not. Either way, it's just fiction tied up in a factual bow. It's just a movie. Right? No big deal, right?

But thanks for proving my point about the vastly different standards as to what is unacceptably offensive.

:) IOU rep!!

Powerman said:
You cared enough to start a thread about it didn't you?

Yeah I agree. People from Hollywood are in general terrible people.

But if they want to criticize your faith why is it a big deal?

I can't imagine a scenario where I would truly believe something and then get bent out of shape when someone, more importantly someone whose opinion I don't respect in the first place starts criticizing it.

You're both right. I can fully understand why Karl is ticked off. I am too. I think that rotten whore madonna is a witch. I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire. And it ticks me off too when she blastphamies my religon. I'd like to slap her so hard her mama would have a black eye.

Then again, I can see, why the hell should I give a fuck WHAT this stinking whore thinks or says. Problem is, 'celebrities' have a bullypulpit. The liberal drive-by media HANGS on EVERYTHING THEY DO, as if we're all a bunch of dumbass, straw chewing, country hicks that don't know shit from shinenola, and we NEED hollywierd to show us all what we should be thinking. But there's a problem with that too. Most "country hicks" have had more advanced learning than the hollywierd elite every thought of having. Go to college? What the fuck would they want to do that for when mommy and daddy are rich? I'll just sing or act for living, and I don't need to know anything to do that. All I have to do is remember my lines.

So when you listen to these hollywierd morons, you're listening to people that basically don't know shit. They're a bunch of over rich, over pampered, UNDER educated, narcisists.

jillian said:
Like I said, prove it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_denial
Holocaust denial is illegal in ten European countries: France (Loi Gayssot), Belgium (Belgian Negationism Law), Switzerland (article 261bis of the Penal Code), Germany, Austria (article 3h Verbotsgesetz 1947), Romania, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Lithuania, and Poland (article 55 of the law creating the Institute of National Remembrance 1998); it is also illegal in Israel. Many of these countries also have broader laws against libel or inciting racial hatred, as do a number of countries that do not specifically have laws against Holocaust denial, such as Canada and the United Kingdom.

A bit of advice: Research your own questions before you ask them, so as not to appear to be a dum ho.

manu1959 said:
is your point that the Hollywood intellectuals are brave in making fun of Christianity?

is your point that they will soon step forward and make fun of the Muslim faith and then possibly the scientology faith, you know be fair and balanced in their attack of religion?

I think not.

You see Hollywood types are cowards by their choice in profession. They do not take risks where it may cost them a roll, or an Oscar…..they consistently make the safe choice….or better yet the choice their own group thinks is safe….they have a lemming mentality….they embrace fads that will cost them nothing….at the moment that fad is making fun of Christianity……they would never attack the Muslim faith….it could get them killed and that would cut into their time on the veranda at the Beverly Hills Hotel.....while they wait to be invited to a party where they get free shit for being a prick.

Oh Boy are you right!!! What's amazing is they all came out against Mel Gibsons movie saying it was anti-semitic, yet this movie they applaud.....They are cowards, they are shallow weak minded phonies!!!!!!!!!!!

rtwngAvngr said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_denial

A bit of advice: Research your own questions before you ask them, so as not to appear to be a dum ho.

I don't research others points, nor do I expect them to research mine. But you know what, I believe in freedom of speech and I don't think speech should be illegal. I figure people have the right to prove themselves as ignorant as they wish. But funny thing...you seem to have missed this part of your link to the wikipedia:

scholars have pointed out that countries that specifically ban Holocaust denial generally have legal systems that limit speech in other ways, such as banning hate speech. In the words of D. Guttenplan, this is a split between the "common law countries of the US, Britain, and former British colonies from the civil law countries of continental Europe. In civil law countries the law is generally more prescriptive. Also under the civil law regime the judge acts more as an inquisitor, gathering and presenting evidence as well as interpreting it"

I would point out, as well, that perhaps those countries are embarrassed by their own facilitation of the murder of 11 million people and have laws like this so no one can ever do that again in their name. Just a hypothesis.

jillian said:
I don't research others points, nor do I expect them to research mine. But you know what, I believe in freedom of speech and I don't think speech should be illegal. I figure people have the right to prove themselves as ignorant as they wish. But funny thing...you seem to have missed this part of your link to the wikipedia:

scholars have pointed out that countries that specifically ban Holocaust denial generally have legal systems that limit speech in other ways, such as banning hate speech. In the words of D. Guttenplan, this is a split between the "common law countries of the US, Britain, and former British colonies from the civil law countries of continental Europe. In civil law countries the law is generally more prescriptive. Also under the civil law regime the judge acts more as an inquisitor, gathering and presenting evidence as well as interpreting it"[/QUOTE0

It's obvious you live in your own silo of orthodoxy. What other scholars pointed out doesn't change the FACT that holocaust denial is illegal in many countries. Do you stand for free speech or don't you?

jillian said:

You can't admit you're wrong?

You asked him to prove denying the holocost was illegal in some areas; he did.

Now you try to shift the conversation?

weirdo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back