How sad is it that civilians must protect our military?

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
"A photo taken by a FOX 5 viewer whose husband works at military recruiting offices in Winchester, Va. shows a citizen who showed up at the offices on Friday to stand guard, following Thursday’s deadly shootings in Chattanooga.
"The woman who shared the photo says her husband works at the recruiting offices located in the same block of S. Loudoun Street. She said the man, who never served in the military, came to the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines offices armed with an AR-15 to stand guard and provide security for the recruiting offices. "

Needless to say, nobody shot that office up today.

8339860_G.jpg

Man with AR-15 stands guard at Va. military recruiting offices - DC News FOX 5 DC WTTG

"...armed Georgia citizens with concealed carry permits lined up outside a Hiram, Georgia, military recruiting center to keep it safe.
"One of the citizens, Crystal Tewellow, said her “Son just enlisted in the army and has a brother who is a recruiter.”
"According to Fox 5 News, Tewellow said:
"To think the people who are supposed to protect and serve us are unable to protect and serve… [while protecting] themselves. So if us, the citizens, who have carry permits, are able to help protect them…that’s what we’re gonna be able to do.
"This is who is giving us our freedom, who allows us to wake every day and if they’re not here, and [are] taken down just like the Chattanooga incident, then how can we say that we are going to be able to wake up tomorrow?
"Approximately 30 armed citizens agreed to show up and protect the recruiting office today. They will be working shifts making sure every hour of the business day is covered."

Armed Citizens Line Up to Guard GA Recruiting Center

Citizens-Watch-Recruitment-Center-Fox-5-News-640x480.jpg

If a bunch of armed civilians whom I didn't know showed up at the MEPS I used to work at?

I'd ask them to leave, because the possibility of something happening that could reflect badly on the NRD is high.

And...................I'd be willing to bet that NRD San Diego would agree with my decision.

If a bunch of armed civilians whom I didn't know showed up at the MEPS I used to work at?

I'd ask them to leave, because the possibility of something happening that could reflect badly on the NRD is high.

And...................I'd be willing to bet that NRD San Diego would agree with my decision.
That's because you're a cowardly idiot.

Progressive bots will do as they are programmed and just ignore stories like this. Anything that doesn't support the Agenda must be ignored, dismissed, or belittled.

Yes, the drones in Europe...quietly talked to the men who cut the head off of a British soldier.....our people stood guard.......big difference...

If it works in 'Banana Republics', why not here?

sorry....in a banana republic the citizens aren't allowed to have guns....it makes it easier for the government death squads, or cartel gunmen......or a combination of the two.......to murder the law abiding citizens.....just look at Mexico.......

so you are just wrong....

This is how the Euro drones deal with a muslim terrorist......

woolwich-attackers_2570495b.jpg

Image 1 of 2
Photo: ITV NEWS/@dannymckiernan

Maybe she asked him in for a spot of tea...........

"...armed Georgia citizens with concealed carry permits lined up outside a Hiram, Georgia, military recruiting center to keep it safe.
"One of the citizens, Crystal Tewellow, said her “Son just enlisted in the army and has a brother who is a recruiter.”
"To think the people who are supposed to protect and serve us are unable to protect and serve… [while protecting] themselves. So if us, the citizens, who have carry permits, are able to help protect them…that’s what we’re gonna be able to do.
"This is who is giving us our freedom, who allows us to wake every day and if they’re not here, and [are] taken down just like the Chattanooga incident, then how can we say that we are going to be able to wake up tomorrow?
"Approximately 30 armed citizens agreed to show up and protect the recruiting office today. They will be working shifts making sure every hour of the business day is covered."

What a bunch of clowns.

And this is what you actually get in a banana republic....

23B0484000000578-2864641-image-a-16_1418072741495.jpg

No guns allowed in civilian hands.....that is how effective their gun control laws worked...not one of these teachers murdered by a combination of police and drug cartel gunmen was armed with a gun.............gun control actually worked here.......

Jeeez. The loons really are taking over the asylum.

Use your heads people. Stay far far away from these nutters because they are very close to being out of control.

"A photo taken by a FOX 5 viewer whose husband works at military recruiting offices in Winchester, Va. shows a citizen who showed up at the offices on Friday to stand guard, following Thursday’s deadly shootings in Chattanooga.
"The woman who shared the photo says her husband works at the recruiting offices located in the same block of S. Loudoun Street. She said the man, who never served in the military, came to the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines offices armed with an AR-15 to stand guard and provide security for the recruiting offices. "

Needless to say, nobody shot that office up today.

8339860_G.jpg

Man with AR-15 stands guard at Va. military recruiting offices - DC News FOX 5 DC WTTG

Sometime around the summer of 2004, I am thinking the month of June ; a nurse I use to work with = She had sandy blonde hair and drove a red ford sedan, wanted me to carry a gun......or she "Hinted" at me carrying a gun while I slept outside on the swing at her parents riverlot. She said that drunks come over the hill. She pushed me frequently to be paranoid , and included in that little deal was her repeating incidences and events at my past job in a metro area.

Paranoia is one thing, prudence and security is another. Frequent events such as this one in Chattanooga, do one thing. Puts the idea in the minds of hundreds, if not thousands of Americans. Some people see this in the news - day after day after day, then they will get the idea to do the same thing. Psychological bombardment. Then some frustrated male or female.....probably male, gets the idea to go on a shooting rampage, ONLY BECAUSE they seen it on the news.

Where I work, and as I have documented many times before, we need better security. An industrial complex as big as we are we need security changes.

1. Build a new EMS / Fire station at the south end of bay one.....just south of warehouse, or an area close. The current Fire & EMS station is near hazardous materials, close to departments that are dangerous and contain chemicals......and/or have an explosion hazard Getting to the Fire / EMS station could be difficult, IF THE station and apparatus was not damaged, or if the apparatus was not damaged or contaminated by chemicals in the response.

*** 2. WE DESPERATELY need a new perimeter fence around our plant. The current fence is missing in sections, fell over, rusted...and severely degraded. ***
The new fence should be 10 feet high and have barb wire on top. Entry gates for vehicles should be sturdy and solid, not cheap.

3. We need a new communications system for Security Department. I suggest dual band radios ( UHF & VHF ) in the vehicles. We have communication dark spots currently, so our repeater system need upgraded......and positioned higher in the air, so a new tower system would be beneficial plant wide I believe. Radios should have the ability to talk on encrypted and "In the clear" mode. I worked communications in the Military, and have an award, an Army Achievement Medal ( it was downgraded by the Battalion Commander from a Commendation Medal ) my communication performance on a military exercise......So I am not communications ignorant. Our current vehicles do not have mobile radios...where the ones before did, and we have communication problems talking on handhelds inside the bays, to units outside the metal buildings. WE NEED mobile radios in our vehicles like in previous years. A new plant communcations radio tower ( about 200 feet tall - with wattage improvements and possibly a pre-amp included ) could be built at the far south end of the plant, just behind the fire hydrants south of Bay 2.

4. Security needs a four door rescue / mini-pumper truck, with a winch on the front. We have one good fire engine and an engine that is about 40+ years old and has not passed pump test in the 14 years I have been here. A small rescue / mini-pumper would allow us to get inside the restricted areas a bays more easily, than with a full size fire truck. And any decontamination ( we have many chemicals ) that has to be done would be better preformed with a small mini-pumper/rescue. 2 - 1 1/2 inch discharges, a high pressure hose and three 2 1/2" inch intakes = one on each side and the rear. It also needs to be capable of using foam. Compartments can house rescue gear and other items. We also need airbags ( rescue ) on the mini pumper. We have never had airbags ( filled with SCBA tanks ) since I have been here, and they would come in handy for an entrapment, stabilizing wrecked vehicles......and many other uses. My department is severely lacking in rescue equipment and vehicles.

5. Heavy wood doors need positioned in the Human resources area, with a small thick glass partision each side of the door, to be able to see the opposite hallway. Glass partisions about 6 inches wide....with thick glass.

6. Our security camera system needs upgraded, with camera facing all gate areas, as well as facing each entry door for the admin area and computer center.

7. Security Department vehicles need changed out every 6 or seven years......not 10 or eleven years. PURCHASE new vehicles for the Security / Plant Protection department every 6 or 7 years, instead of the current rotation of every 10 or eleven. Our last full sized truck had front end problems, and the heaters and fans did not work in our Chevy Trucks.

8. 5 security personnel on a shift is not enough = 1 supervisor and 4 workers. Two of those workers man gates. We need two people to work Gate One, and another three inside the plant. Gate One = 2 people ( it gets real busy at times + camera need to be watched + bad weather events...ect ) - Two people inside the plant - One person at Gate three. Gate two is also manned at various times during the day. In any event, our security department is desperately lacking in manpower. We use to have 1 supervisor and 5 people on shift...but the company stopped that, and when people quit - changed jobs or moved on, they left us with the current 1+4 people

9. Entry and exit gates need better improved to prevent being penetrated by a vehicle.

10. Entry to admin building area on the side facing the main road needs to be improved upon. NOT GLASS doors that can be easily broken and walked through. In my opinion.....the badge system for entry into the ad building on the highway side is worthless anyway.

11. Some fire hydrants need replaced. We have fire hydrants that are leaking, or will not seal inside and they leak through the valve. Documented on the monthly inspection forms many times over.....they need replaced. We are charged with documenting deficiency's with our inspection areas - inspections are performed once a month, but the company I work for ( main - primary company ) will not correct the problem. Some deficiency's are many years old. Does it do any good to document deficiency's with the Fire Systems... if they will not be corrected? Does the Department Manager ( corporate = main / primary company ) not care about the Industrial Fire System.....for the company he works for? I asked him previously for money to replace my work pants that were frayed at the pants legs and worn.....and received a response...."I don't have the money to buy you pants". A Department Manager. Hmmmmm. I guess that is responsibility for you.

When I documented changes before - Two changes was made and that I can recall = and that was the Chlorine car for the "Hot Metal Dept" , as I will say, was taken away and a building to house the chlorine was built ; and the yellow.....and dull street lights were substituted for the bright white lights.

Security is only good at times.....when it is convenient for other people

Shadow 355

Last edited:
When the jihad Major went ballistic on a U.S. Army base and murdered about a dozen of his fellow Soldiers there wasn't a freaking firearm in the M.P. arsenal. The Military term M.P. used to stand for Military Police but when the Clinton's disarmed Military installations back in the 90's the carnage went on and Ft. Hood had to call 911.

Photo shopped pics. About the same as my manupulated gun magazines I buy from Wal-Mart , the manipulated / fabricated news paper I re, and the manipulated license plates on vehicles I see almost...if not every day.

NO FIREARMS are allowed on Federal Property. Its the law.

.............FADing SIGnal

Shadow 355

Photo shopped pics. About the same as my manupulated gun magazines I buy from Wal-Mart , the manipulated / fabricated news paper I re, and the manipulated license plates on vehicles I see almost...if not every day.

NO FIREARMS are allowed on Federal Property. Its the law.

.............FADing SIGnal

Shadow 355
They aren't photoshopped, and they're outside. Nice try, though.

I think the men & women working military recruiting centers should be able to pack heat while on the job. Military issued sidearms should be made mandatory, immediately, if not sooner.

Last edited:
why are you blaming obama and clinton....it was bush that gave the security over to private corps.....i have ask for years why ft bragg is not guarded by the military and guarded by hired security....use to be the military were responsible for their security not anymore and neither party is doing anything about it....

You know................there are several kinds of screenings and several qualifications that you have to meet in order to go on recruiting duty.

Because you're generally going to be in a remote area far away from a military base, an overseas health screening is required.

Because you're going to be in a remote area away from other military personnel, and associate mainly with civilians, a command screening is required, in which your Commanding Officer goes over another screening form with you.

And finally, because you are going to be in a remote area and trusted with a rather large limit credit card, a financial screening is also required.

I'd be cool with in addition to the above requirements which are currently done, to also require those who are E6 and above being firearms qualified and part of their uniform would be a 9mm strapped to their waist.

These people were at military recruitment centers, not a gay bathhouse - so you have no worries of encountering them.

BUT since a Muzzie Beast went on a terrorist rampage last week, it is fully sensible that people step up to protect our service men and women.

Forum List

Back