How Religious Freedom Became A Rightwing Assault On The Rule Of Law

Says anyone with an understanding of the word fair.

You go to a group of students,

"Hey who here wants to form a student group and meet in school rooms? Ok line up, lets see, ok, Art Club? You get room 10, Music Club? You get room 12, LGBTQXZ Advocacy Group? you get room 16,

Young Christians? Whoa. you guys are CHRISTIANS. No room for you."
Actually, the SC is suggesting there is no room for the Founder's intent.

In two cases this term, the conservative majority on the Supreme Court made it abundantly clear that there’s little room for the separation of church and state in its regressive constitutional framework. For nearly 75 years, the court has recognized that both of the First Amendment’s religion clauses are vital to protecting religious freedom: The Establishment Clause protects against governmental endorsement and imposition of religion, and the Free Exercise Clause ensures the right to practice your faith without harming others. No more. The court has increasingly treated the Establishment Clause as a historical footnote, threatening both the independence of religion and the religious neutrality of the state.

In Carson v. Makin, the court held for the first time that a state must fund religious activity as part of an educational aid program. Maine’s tuition assistance program pays for students in rural areas with no public high school to attend another public or private school. Concerned with maintaining a strong separation between religion and government, Maine has long prohibited the use of public funds to finance religious instruction and indoctrination. Many other states have adopted similar provisions, in some instances dating back two centuries. And with good reason: Avoiding compulsory taxpayer support for religion lies at the heart of the Constitution’s religious liberty protections. In fact, James Madison, the principal author of the First Amendment, explicitly warned against taxpayer funding of religion, including religious education, because it would be the first step in allowing the government to force citizens to conform to the preferred faith of those in power.

There is no legal or moral or logical grounds for the stated positions or reasons of the Left on this issue.
Meaning you reject the position of the Founders. Who did not want belief in the cloud fairy getting anywhere close to the purview of the state.

In two cases this term, the conservative majority on the Supreme Court made it abundantly clear that there’s little room for the separation of church and state in its regressive constitutional framework. For nearly 75 years, the court has recognized that both of the First Amendment’s religion clauses are vital to protecting religious freedom: The Establishment Clause protects against governmental endorsement and imposition of religion, and the Free Exercise Clause ensures the right to practice your faith without harming others. No more. The court has increasingly treated the Establishment Clause as a historical footnote, threatening both the independence of religion and the religious neutrality of the state.

In Carson v. Makin, the court held for the first time that a state must fund religious activity as part of an educational aid program. Maine’s tuition assistance program pays for students in rural areas with no public high school to attend another public or private school. Concerned with maintaining a strong separation between religion and government, Maine has long prohibited the use of public funds to finance religious instruction and indoctrination. Many other states have adopted similar provisions, in some instances dating back two centuries. And with good reason: Avoiding compulsory taxpayer support for religion lies at the heart of the Constitution’s religious liberty protections. In fact, James Madison, the principal author of the First Amendment, explicitly warned against taxpayer funding of religion, including religious education, because it would be the first step in allowing the government to force citizens to conform to the preferred faith of those in power.

So, you want public funds to be available to students to any private or public school he wants EXCEPT for those you deem to be CRHISTIAN.

Again, not fair. And not an establishment of religion NOR any threat to do so.

Your posiiton is absurd.

The lie in this is the "without causing harm" part, which is made moot by leftists considering anything as "harm".

The author's defense of faith is just a show, what they really want to defend is leftist orthodoxy, which is more of a religion than most actual religions.

Meaning you reject the position of the Founders. Who did not want belief in the cloud fairy getting anywhere close to the purview of the state.

No, you replace it with faith in Gaia and removing children's peckers because they may think they are a girl at age 16.

I explained my reasoning. Your response clearly expressed your disagreement, but with no explanation of on what grounds you disagreed.

Also, you cited an Authority. And made a claim about what they meant. I disagree with you. I will not explain why I disagree with your reasoning, becuase you didn't do that with mine.

So, we are done and you lose.

In Espinoza v. Montana Department of Revenue,
140 S. Ct. 2246 (2020), this Court held that the Free
Exercise Clause prohibited Montana’s exclusion of re-
ligious schools, “solely because of their religious char-
acter,” from a program that was designed to aid pri-
vate education and was funded through voluntary,
tax-credit-backed contributions. Id. at 2255 (quoting
Trinity Lutheran Church of Columbia v. Comer, 137
S. Ct. 2012, 2021 (2017)). Maine’s program here re-
stricts funding based on religious use, not status; it is
designed to extend public rather than private educa-
tion; and it is funded by mandatory taxation rather
than by tax credits. Petitioners are thus seeking a
substantial expansion of Espinoza that would for the
first time require taxpayers to support a specifically
religious activity—religious instruction.
This unwarranted expansion of Espinoza would
be contrary to the Court’s precedent, which has long
permitted states to decline to fund distinctly religious
activities. See Locke v. Davey, 540 U.S. 712 (2004).
And it would contradict the original meaning and pur-
poses of the Free Exercise Clause. Historical evidence,

from the founding era through the adoption of the
Fourteenth Amendment, makes clear that the Free
Exercise Clause does not require states to fund reli-
gious instruction—an activity central to the mainte-
nance and growth of ministries—on an equal basis

with secular education.

See?

Told ya. :p

?

Do you really think out of the eyes of a German an US-American has earned anything else than death? We are really nice people because this is not the way in which we think.

Last edited:
Nice assertion. Nice appeal to authority. In the real world, Trump supporters are good people. YOu are a bad person for smearing such good people for no reason.

What changes nothing in my opinion that everyone who votes for Donald Trump is a shame for the USA and a traitor of the western world. Btw: What is your migration background?

What changes nothing in my opinion that everyone who votes for Donald Trump is a shame for the USA and a traitor of the western world. Btw: What is your migration background?

From my exposure to Germans, they are mostly nice people, with good work ethnics. I wish them them well.

You personally though, seem to have a lot of hate.

My "migration" background? I was born in this country. I have never migrated anywhere. I did move from the suburbs into the city.

Why do you ask? Is it because you find me personally interesting and want to know more about me?

From my exposure to Germans, they are mostly nice people, with good work ethnics. I wish them them well.

My "migration" background? I was born in this country. I have never migrated anywhere. I did move from the suburbs into the city.

Why do you ask? Is it because you find me personally interesting and want to know more about me?
He's probably an immigrant to Germany, himself.

They have a lot of Turks there.

He's probably an immigrant to Germany, himself.

They have a lot of Turks there.

Quite possibly. I won't bother asking though cause I feel no need to try to undermine his ideas by attacking him personally.

lol. Though to be fair, I don't need any extra tools for that.

You haven't presented any criminal charges? What are they?
Who said there needs to be criminal charges?
Abuse of power is more than enough t warrant impeachment.
1. The FBI terrorizing parents who speak up at school board meetings
2. The FBI raids a pro-life Christian's home with guns drawn (Mark Houck)
3. The FBI raid on Maralago
4. The FBI whistleblowers' many charges.
5. Selective prosecutions of conservatives while crime and drug deaths skyrocket

From my exposure to Germans, they are mostly nice people,

That's what I say. Germans who don't kill you are nice people.

with good work ethnics.

A Prussian nonsense expression. What for heavens sake could be "work ethics" - except the Benedictinian rule "Ora et labora [et lege]" = "You are also able to pray while you work - but do not forget to study what's true." (German translation)

I wish them them well.

And that's why US-Americans murdered millions of Germans and took care that all Germans will die out - so a super-idiot like Donald Trump is able to generate also votes with a wide spread hate on Germany in the USA?

Always not interesting for me what people think who not think.

My "migration" background? I was born in this country.

Aha. So you forgot where your familiies came from? Do you know something about who lived in the lasst 5000 years in the area where you live now and what this has to do with your own person?

I have never migrated anywhere. I did move from the suburbs into the city.

Suburbs ... ¿why not villages?

I guess most Germans do not really understand how very strange US-Americans are able to be behind their smiling masks.

Last edited:
Thzts whyt I say. Germans who don't kill you are nice people.

What a Prussian nonsense expression. What for heavens sake could be "work ethics" - except the Benedictinian rule "Ora et labora [et lege]" = "You are also able to pray while you work - but do not forget to study."

And that's why US-Americans murdered millions of Germans and took care that all Germans will die out - so a super-idiot like Donald Trump is able to generate also votes with a wide spread hate on Germany in the USA?

Mmm, that was a long time ago. Before my time. We over here, assume/hope that is in the past and you manage to survive.

There is not wide spread hate of germany in the usa.

Always not interesting for me what people think who not think.

Aha. So you forgot where your familiies came from? Do you know something about who lived in the lasst 5000 years in the area where you live now and what this has to do with your own person?

Nope. I know where my family came from in the past. But you asked for MY "migration background". MY personal background is a native born American.

I do not know much about the indians who used to live here. They are mostly absorbed. What of them? They have nothing to do with me. What of them? Why are they relevant to anything in this conversation?

Suburbs ... are this villages?

Smaller neighborhoods away from major city.

I guess most Germans do not really underdstand how very strange are US-Americans behind their smiling masks.

What is strange about me?

Forum List

Back