How racism hurts -- literally

You keep up. I wasn't addressing what KK said. i was addressing your second point, in which you decried the disproportionate number of 'high-income' jobs help by Whites compared to Blacks

moron

You keep up. I wasn't addressing what KK said. i was addressing your second point, in which you decried the disproportionate number of 'high-income' jobs help by Whites compared to Blacks

moron

Moron (since you signed your last post with it I'm assuming that's your name),

My second point was in reference to the first point. Maybe I should have put it all in one paragraph to help you understand. If Affirmative Action helps blacks get jobs they are unqualified for (KK's point), why don't the jobs in urban areas reflect the population (my point)? This is a rhetorical question but since you need help understanding I will help you understand further...AA doesn't help unqualified "people" get jobs they are not qualified for and the "people" that aren't qualified for the jobs don't get the jobs. See how easy that was?

jgbkab

per capita reflecting their 20% population? Yes. Affirmative action is racist action.

Actually, you're using the entire US population when we both know that most jobs are in urban areas and we know that black populations are higher in the urban areas. For instance, in my city, the black population here is 45 percent and the white population is 48 percent. I'm sure the jobs here are not 48 to 45 in favor of the whites...at least not in terms of percentages.

Of course i'm using population demographics. do you want Bass to start crying about blacks in rural areas?

No!

Rally ... so Affirmative Action doesn't exist ... and all those "black folks" who got tech jobs here in spite of there being far more qualified "other folks" didn't get it because they were black ... tell me, why else would they get the jobs, since I, a white folk, has to keep cleaning up their messes?

How do you know other folks were more qualified?

Who do you think I learned my skills from. ;)

I wasn't aware you had any skills, so I never really thought about it.

So care to actually answer the question?

I never said affirmative action doesn't exist. But I gave you an example of how affirmative that action is. A city that is 48 percent white and 45 percent black. The blacks don't hold 45 percent of the jobs (not to mention the high paying jobs). Where is affirmative action in that scenario?
if a disproportionate number of blacks are unqualified for the position, a disproportionate number of blacks will be declined, if they apply in numbers proportionate to the population.

But such simple matters are clearly beyond your grasp.

Where is the AA in the NBA? Why is the such a disproportionately high number of Blacks in the NBA? The answer: Because a disproportionate number of blacks possess the requisite skill level to compete. The same is true in other fields. The fact remains that the number of qualified applicants for a given position is not necessarily proportionate to the population, especially given racial difference in average IQ and body type, as well as socioeconomic and cultural factors.

It's simple really, if you are not.

Really? This is a fact, eh?

So why do identical resumes with one set of names being typically white names and one set of names being typically black names get a different amount of callbacks?

Racism is unfortunately an American invention as is slavery. Every American should be asking God to forgive them.

You first :lol:
What? You can't? You can't defend the assertion you just made? Okay then, so we've established that what you said is
UTTER BULLSHIT

Until such time as supporting evidence is put forward

Really? Good to know thats the standard we are using. So what you said before was utter bullshit by your own standards, correct?

Well now that I got you to call you own assertions "utter bullshit" here you go.

Study suggests bias against 'black' names on resumes | HR Magazine | Find Articles at BNET
You made the assertion, i did not. I simply demanded that you cite evidence to support your assertion before i would respond to your moronic question

You asked why black resumes got less responses, and I demanded evidence that is the case. You're kinda slow, aint ya?

Wow, you are retarded.

Go back a few pages when you made an assertion, then refused to back it up. Remember that, kiddo?

So apparently that assertion you made before is "utter bullshit" by your own standards.:lol:

So why do identical resumes with one set of names being typically white names and one set of names being typically black names get a different amount of callbacks?

Because it's correctly assumed that "Jamal" is black.

And it's correctly assumed that he's a member of a race whose members are more likely to be lazy, criminals, and/or sue their employers.

And it's correctly assumed this will impede the business goal of making a profit.

Capiche?

Because it's correctly assumed that "Jamal" is black.

And it's correctly assumed that he's a member of a race whose members are more likely to be lazy, criminals, and/or sue their employers.

And it's correctly assumed this will impede the business goal of making a profit.

Capiche?

Hmm. But I thought blacks had an advantage? How is that if they get hired less often?

You're shifting the argument. You said that more was available to black folks than white folks. Are you saying there are MORE high paying jobs for black folks than white folks?

Rally ... so Affirmative Action doesn't exist ... and all those "black folks" who got tech jobs here in spite of there being far more qualified "other folks" didn't get it because they were black ... tell me, why else would they get the jobs, since I, a white folk, has to keep cleaning up their messes?

So you are telling me that no black folk are as qualified in the jobs you speak of than the white folk applying for the same jobs? Are you also saying that you only have to clean up the black folk mess? Also, are you saying that you can only learn from white folk because you know more than all the black folk?

I never said affirmative action doesn't exist. But I gave you an example of how affirmative that action is. A city that is 48 percent white and 45 percent black. The blacks don't hold 45 percent of the jobs (not to mention the high paying jobs). Where is affirmative action in that scenario?

Are you suggesting that 45% of the jobs be filled by blacks even if more are unqualified or criminals?

So you are telling me that no black folk are as qualified in the jobs you speak of than the white folk applying for the same jobs? Are you also saying that you only have to clean up the black folk mess? Also, are you saying that you can only learn from white folk because you know more than all the black folk?

Are you suggesting that 45% of the jobs be filled by blacks even if more are unqualified or criminals?

Descriptive != Normative.

Whoa, Nellie. YOU said that blacks were getting jobs they were unqualified for because of Affirmative Action. So why wouldn't they get the jobs even if they are not qualified (now you're bringing felons into the equation)? That's what AA is all about, right? You don't like AA and you think it's unfair. That 12 percent might work on the farms and Dutch Pennsylvania but not in urban areas. If all of these blacks were getting jobs they were unqualified for like you claim, the entire country would be going to shit...wait a minute, you already think that so is that because there is an unqualified black as the President? Bottom line is that you make bigoted statements. Yeah, I know you got black friends and all blah blah blah. I know you may THINK you know what qualifications are necessary for every job, but I know you don't. But you just keep cleaning up black folks mess so we can keep AA going. Yay you!

Last edited:

Whoa, Nellie. YOU said that black were getting jobs they were unqualified for because of Affirmative Action. So why wouldn't they get the jobs even if they are not qualified (now you're bringing felons into the equation)? That's what AA is all about, right? You don't like AA and you think it's unfair. That 12 percent might work on the farms and Dutch Pennsylvania but not in urban areas. If all of these black were getting jobs they were unqualified for like you claim, the entire country would be going to shit...wait a minute, you already think that so is that because there is an unqualified black as the President? Bottom line is that you make bigoted statements. Yeah, I know you got black friends and all blah blah blah. I know you may THINK you know what qualifications are necessary for every job, but I know you don't. But you just keep cleaning up black folks mess so we can keep AA going. Yay you!

AA is unfair. It's intentions are right, but its actions are unfair. The purpose of AA was to make sure that folks that were equal in skills were hired based on their skills and not their race. That thought got lost some how. Ask any fireman, or policeman wanna be that lost out at a chance for a job, not because their score but because of their color. AA while good in it's intent has become nothing other then another form of racism.

Forum List

Back