How racism hurts -- literally

:rofl:

hey dude... I really don't care how YOU interpret the stats. Lord fucking knows you have a personal reason to deny what the numbers above tell you. When you have evidence that all that increased crime is conducted by the same 4 people then go ahead and post it. Until then, again, bullshit rhetoric just doesn't impress me. People don't drive into the city just to rob a motherfucker. If you don't care for how urban ghetto culture hinders social mobility then so be it. Do something about it besides crying about slants, bias and other assorted bullshit that falls on it's ass when faced with concrete evidence.

small percentage of the total population of the urban area, perhaps, but certainly NOT a smaller percentage when compared directly to the total population of suburban and rural areas. But, hey, when you have more to bring to the table beyond throwing a fit and baseless rhetoric feel free to post it.

Okay, we'll try that then. I don't know any totally black cities so I'll chose Cleveland which is 52 percent black. As we know most blacks live in the inner city but from these charts I can't distinguish white or black crime so for all intents and purposes, let's attribute all crime committed in Cleveland, Ohio to blacks. Fair enough? According to the chart on this page in 2007, Cleveland, Ohio had 15,329 total crimes. Let's be more generous and attribute one black per crime so that we would have 15,329 black criminals living in Cleveland, Ohio. On census.gov, there were 214,037 blacks living in Cleveland, Ohio in 2007. That would be 7 percent of the total blacks living in Cleveland, Ohio being criminals. You would need 8 consecutive years of blacks committing all the crime in Cleveland, Ohio with no one going to jail, no one dying and no one moving for your "most of the blacks in the inner city are criminals" to be true. Is that really what you're telling me that you believe?

Okay, we'll try that then. I don't know any totally black cities so I'll chose Cleveland which is 52 percent black. As we know most blacks live in the inner city but from these charts I can't distinguish white or black crime so for all intents and purposes, let's attribute all crime committed in Cleveland, Ohio to blacks. Fair enough? According to the chart on this page in 2007, Cleveland, Ohio had 15,329 total crimes. Let's be more generous and attribute one black per crime so that we would have 15,329 black criminals living in Cleveland, Ohio. On census.gov, there were 214,037 blacks living in Cleveland, Ohio in 2007. That would be 7 percent of the total blacks living in Cleveland, Ohio being criminals. You would need 8 consecutive years of blacks committing all the crime in Cleveland, Ohio with no one going to jail, no one dying and no one moving for your "most of the blacks in the inner city are criminals" to be true. Is that really what you're telling me that you believe?

Your statical wrangling doesn't consider that the entire city of Cleveland isn't a ghetto. the quote above from the African American business owner didn't suggest to filter out anyone living in an urban environment; rather, strictly those who come from, and reflect, ghetto areas whose populations are mostly black. Certainly, there are whites who live in ghettos and who also commit crimes. But, to break dance around what the concrete numbers indicate about ghetto thugs coming from specific areas is just asinine.

Here is some more evidence if you are not wholly convinced. Perhaps you can email the Department of Justice and let them know how wrong their information is. I'm sure they would love to know that ghetto areas are really tiny utopias.

orace.png

Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Trends by race

Your statical wrangling doesn't consider that the entire city of Cleveland isn't a ghetto. the quote above from the African American business owner didn't suggest to filter out anyone living in an urban environment; rather, strictly those who come from, and reflect, ghetto areas whose populations are mostly black. Certainly, there are whites who live in ghettos and who also commit crimes. But, to break dance around what the concrete numbers indicate about ghetto thugs coming from specific areas is just asinine.

Here is some more evidence if you are not wholly convinced. Perhaps you can email the Department of Justice and let them know how wrong their information is. I'm sure they would love to know that ghetto areas are really tiny utopias.

orace.png

Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Trends by race

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and moved all of the whites to the rural areas and moved all of the blacks to the ghetto and attributed each crime per black resident. That actually helped a lot because we both know that a criminal doesn't commit one crime per year by their own will. But, I get it...since most of the crimes are committed by blacks (per 100,000), that would mean that most criminals are blacks and therefore most black are criminals. Got it! :thup:

I take it mellow drama works for you more than concrete statistics.... got it, indeed.

:thup:

:lol:

Like I said, go ahead and email the Dept of Justice if you have qualms with their statistics. pretending that urban ghettos are bastions of peace, love and harmony is about as silly and pretending that a badger won't bite.

Last edited:
It's like this Sho, people like you seem to attribute crime to the ghetto. But I guarantee you that if you went and sat in the ghetto early one morning, you would see more people leaving their houses dressed in uniforms and work clothes than you would see meddling around all day. It's a misconception and a stereotype that black people are lazy and sit around getting drunk and high off of welfare. And what's worse is that you say that you work with blacks and that the ones you work with are not like that. But, you and the blacks that you work with still stereotype the majority of the black population for the few that are like that. Then you have the black boss that looks down on other blacks the same way like it's a good thing. I do mentor black kids and I try to help them see the way instead of just criticizing them for the stereotypes placed upon them. I don't expect you to know any better. But I do expect the uppity blacks to try to lend a helping hand instead of joining the fray. It takes a village to raise a child and a big problem with blacks is the "it's not my problem" mentality. That's what you should be telling your black co-workers instead of jumping on the black-bashing bandwagon.

It's like this Sho, people like you seem to attribute crime to the ghetto. But I guarantee you that if you went and sat in the ghetto early one morning, you would see more people leaving their houses dressed in uniforms and work clothes than you would see meddling around all day. It's a misconception and a stereotype that black people are lazy and sit around getting drunk and high off of welfare. And what's worse is that you say that you work with blacks and that the ones you work with are not like that. But, you and the blacks that you work with still stereotype the majority of the black population for the few that are like that. Then you have the black boss that looks down on other blacks the same way like it's a good thing. I do mentor black kids and I try to help them see the way instead of just criticizing them for the stereotypes placed upon them. I don't expect you to know any better. But I do expect the uppity blacks to try to lend a helping hand instead of joining the fray. It takes a village to raise a child and a big problem with blacks is the "it's not my problem" mentality. That's what you should be telling your black co-workers instead of jumping on the black-bashing bandwagon.

I hate to break it to you, dude, but you are not the only person whose ever been to, or lived in, a ghetto. Sure, not EVERY SINGLE PERSON is a tick on the balls of our society.. but ghettos don't have a reputation simply because white people are racist. YOU talk about 7 in the morning so let ME challenge you to walk through a ghetto at 1am. Would you let your 13 year old child wander the ghetto after 9pm? If not, then ask yourself why.

No, what the BIG PROBLEM is here is that you seem hellbent on denying reality. If you work with ghetto kids it is EXACTLY because what I'm posting, and what DOJ stats say, is true. Who do you think robs more liquor stores or mugs more pedestirans: white suburban kids or black ghetto thugs? Does this mean every black child from the ghetto will be a thug? Or that no white kid will ever commit a crime? Of course not. But, what it DOES mean is that there IS a statistical reality reflected in actual crime rates that DO occur regardless of your desire to deflect such facts. Throwing a fit because ghetto culture negatively reflects the very people living in the ghetto just doesn't impress me. As i've said, if you have evidence then post it. If not, then go ahead and shot the DOJ an email letting them know how wrong their stats are.

It seems to me that breaking a stereotype is not the responsibility of me or my boss who, CLEARLY, has no reason to talk shit against minorities without a valid concern for the impact on his business. Feel free to clean up your own shit, if you will. I guess it's easier to cry about stereotypes when it's not your payroll on the line.

But I do expect the uppity blacks to try to lend a helping hand instead of joining the fray.

so.. HE should "lend a helping hand" just because his ethnicity and that of a ghetto thug have a common pigment? Are you sure you want to accuse anyone of racism?

I hate to break it to you, dude, but you are not the only person whose ever been to, or lived in, a ghetto. Sure, not EVERY SINGLE PERSON is a tick on the balls of our society.. but ghettos don't have a reputation simply because white people are racist. YOU talk about 7 in the morning so let ME challenge you to walk through a ghetto at 1am. Would you let your 13 year old child wander the ghetto after 9pm? If not, then ask yourself why.

No, what the BIG PROBLEM is here is that you seem hellbent on denying reality. If you work with ghetto kids it is EXACTLY because what I'm posting, and what DOJ stats say, is true. Who do you think robs more liquor stores or mugs more pedestirans: white suburban kids or black ghetto thugs? Does this mean every black child from the ghetto will be a thug? Or that no white kid will ever commit a crime? Of course not. But, what it DOES mean is that there IS a statistical reality reflected in actual crime rates that DO occur regardless of your desire to deflect such facts. Throwing a fit because ghetto culture negatively reflects the very people living in the ghetto just doesn't impress me. As i've said, if you have evidence then post it. If not, then go ahead and shot the DOJ an email letting them know how wrong their stats are.

It seems to me that breaking a stereotype is not the responsibility of me or my boss who, CLEARLY, has no reason to talk shit against minorities without a valid concern for the impact on his business. Feel free to clean up your own shit, if you will. I guess it's easier to cry about stereotypes when it's not your payroll on the line.

The bolded portion there is comparing apples and oranges. A better comparison would be to see who robs more banks/liquor stores/etc. suburban kids (any race you like) compared to each other, and ghetto kids compared to each other. Comparing the two is utterly disingenuous when they have such completely disparate upbringings. It's only when you compare those within the same socio-economic strata that you're really comparing apples to apples.

Comparing suburban vs. ghetto kids is just a way of trying to manipulate statistics and the response to them.

But I do expect the uppity blacks to try to lend a helping hand instead of joining the fray.

so.. HE should "lend a helping hand" just because his ethnicity and that of a ghetto thug have a common pigment? Are you sure you want to accuse anyone of racism?

I don't believe I accused anyone of being racist. And just because I said uppity blacks doesn't mean that I'm racist...newsflash: I'm black too. And yes, he should lend a helping hand instead of shooing away blacks because of his hang ups. And I know all about business. Anyone that runs a business know that there is risk involved no matter what color the skin is of your employees.

Last edited:
I hate to break it to you, dude, but you are not the only person whose ever been to, or lived in, a ghetto.

Are you sure? Because if you haven't been to the ghetto, how would you know?

Sure, not EVERY SINGLE PERSON is a tick on the balls of our society.. but ghettos don't have a reputation simply because white people are racist.

Ghettos have a reputation because shook individuals watch Good Times, evening newscasts and look up statistics on the web instead of taking their asses down there and seeing first hand. But they can sit behind their computers and can tell me all about the ghetto life. :eusa_hand:

YOU talk about 7 in the morning so let ME challenge you to walk through a ghetto at 1am. Would you let your 13 year old child wander the ghetto after 9pm? If not, then ask yourself why.

Do you need video footage? If I had a 13 year old, why would I let them out after 9 anyway? :cuckoo:

No, what the BIG PROBLEM is here is that you seem hellbent on denying reality.

The reality is I have lived it and you just talk about it.

If you work with ghetto kids it is EXACTLY because what I'm posting, and what DOJ stats say, is true.

You are the only one making my argument about stats. I'm telling you how it really is. You want to deny the fact that most blacks are model citizens and then want to throw stats at me that are meaningless without context.

Who do you think robs more liquor stores or mugs more pedestirans: white suburban kids or black ghetto thugs?

I'm not sure but you posted homicide stats. And according to the homicide stats that you posted 11,438 murders were committed by whites in 2005 and 9,913 murders were committed by blacks in 2005. Does that mean that you're more likely to be murdered by a white or a black? Who committed more murders? You and Tank can post whatever stats you want (per 100,000), but the fact is that whites commit more crime. So I suspect now you're going to shift over to percentages? I went to Cleveland, Ohio, remember?

Does this mean every black child from the ghetto will be a thug? Or that no white kid will ever commit a crime? Of course not. But, what it DOES mean is that there IS a statistical reality reflected in actual crime rates that DO occur regardless of your desire to deflect such facts. Throwing a fit because ghetto culture negatively reflects the very people living in the ghetto just doesn't impress me. As i've said, if you have evidence then post it. If not, then go ahead and shot the DOJ an email letting them know how wrong their stats are.

Dude, just admit you're clueless about the ghetto and all your ghetto stories are from the small screen. If stats mean so much to you, take your ass to the toughest redneck bar, smack someone over the head with a beer bottle, and hold up your stats to tell them that they got to take you to the ghetto to kick your ass.

Breaking the stereotype? You really are clueless. Maybe if you get to know blacks outside of the work environment, then you can come tell me about the ghetto and black life in general. Make sure you keep your stats with you at all times so you don't become a victim though. :lol:

Years ago, I overheard a conversation. Between two black folks, my Junior HS counselor and the school bully. A black kid with a chip on his shoulder a mile figgin' mile wide. He said ,and I quote:"I HATE WHITE PEOPLE, BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL RACIST". I wasn’t supposed to hear that little ditty. Racism my ASS. Ya know what? I don’t care, Charlie Bass , that might as well be your sorry ass posting here. Just Tuesday, I heard a purple haired black chick say “ Ain’t no black folks working’ here, ya’all don’t know nothing about chicken” at a Churches Chicken joint. Even the black customers were red faced. With embarrassment ,sure as shit, bucko. So what IS your point?

Why are white people having a hard time accepting the fact that the racism of whites collectively has had an extreme negative effect on the health of those who are discriminated against? The Bass thinks he has the right answer but will defer until he sees some answers for this.

Ass Shafter as demonstrated no such correlation, only a correlation between stress and stress-related illness. The choose to view the world that leads them to stress themselves out, because they listen to morons like Chucked Ass

Yeah, there were poor whites in apartheid South Africa, so what are you saying???????

Hmm ... so you are not talking about the US ... odd that we should give a fuck about Africa ... they made their own bed, we made ours, we sleep in ours ... are you considering they come and try to sleep in ours to? I thought you were against that sort of thing.

The point is that your dribbling, snotty nose crying doesn't change nor negate the fact that blacks have nearly everything in this country harder than whites.

In what way?

We have a black president...we have black congressmen, we have black CEOs...exactly how is it that it's harder for blacks than whites? Could it be the 68% illegitimacy rate? Have no fear, the illegitimacy rate for whites is rapidly catching up. Not exactly the way I think it should be going, but, well, there ya go.

I myself, have been turned down for jobs in favor of blacks, twice. Once, they were sorry they hired the black woman over me, and the second time, because I qualified for the job and the black man they wanted to hired didn't, they refused to open the job at all and instead created a new job in a different area.

The fact is that racism exists today, but it is actually the blacks that are benefiting from it and the whites that are being punished because of it.

Years ago, I overheard a conversation. Between two black folks, my Junior HS counselor and the school bully. A black kid with a chip on his shoulder a mile figgin' mile wide. He said ,and I quote:"I HATE WHITE PEOPLE, BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL RACIST". I wasn’t supposed to hear that little ditty. Racism my ASS. Ya know what? I don’t care, Charlie Bass , that might as well be your sorry ass posting here. Just Tuesday, I heard a purple haired black chick say “ Ain’t no black folks working’ here, ya’all don’t know nothing about chicken” at a Churches Chicken joint. Even the black customers were red faced. With embarrassment ,sure as shit, bucko. So what IS your point?

The first time in my life I met a black person in person was in junior high. A young black girl was sitting on a bench outside the cafeteria crying. I sat down next to her and asked her what was wrong. She said "Nobody'll talk to me because I'm black." I said, "Well, I'm talking to you." She replied, "Yeah, but you're only talking to me because I'm black".

The truth, Bass, is that I was talking to her because she was crying and I wanted to make her feel better. It didn't take long for me to realize that she had her own demons and there was nothing I could say or do to help her. That's the way it is with many blacks today (not all). They are so busy seeing racism and using it as an excuse, that they refuse to see the real world, that they have a good place in it, if they would only wise up and stop falling back on racism as an excuse.

Ghetto's are for Jewish people and for Negro people. They chose to live in them. I live in a white, upper-middle class GHETTO.

The first time in my life I met a black person in person was in junior high. A young black girl was sitting on a bench outside the cafeteria crying. I sat down next to her and asked her what was wrong. She said "Nobody'll talk to me because I'm black." I said, "Well, I'm talking to you." She replied, "Yeah, but you're only talking to me because I'm black".

The truth, Bass, is that I was talking to her because she was crying and I wanted to make her feel better.

I think the black girl had the better of it. You WERE just talking to her because she was black, and the person you wanted to make feel better was YOU.

And so it is with so many whites. All that they do on the racial front is to make THEMSELVES feel great... that's why the strong support for affirmative action comes from white CEO's who've ALREADY made it to the top, and thus have nothing to lose. Young white liberals in college traipse to Africa, listen to jazz and wear kente cloth because they want to FEEL COOL, not because they truly love blacks.

People just don't naturally feel strong affinity for all of humanity, equally across the spectrum.

The truth, Bass, is that I was talking to her because she was crying and I wanted to make her feel better.

I think the black girl had the better of it. You WERE just talking to her because she was black, and the person you wanted to make feel better was YOU.

And so it is with so many whites. All that they do on the racial front is to make THEMSELVES feel great... that's why the strong support for affirmative action comes from white CEO's who've ALREADY made it to the top, and thus have nothing to lose. Young white liberals in college traipse to Africa, listen to jazz and wear kente cloth because they want to FEEL COOL, not because they truly love blacks.

People just don't naturally feel strong affinity for all of humanity, equally across the spectrum.

Oh, please...if she'd been a white girl sitting there crying I would have done the same thing. That's the kind of person I am, when I see someone in pain, I want to help.

I guess we've taken in a young homeless black man because we are racist too. A couple of years ago we took in a young homeless white man, but that was just coincidence.

I love people. ALL people. You can divide them up if you want to, but I think that's the problem, not the solution.

Forum List

Back