How racism hurts -- literally

Are you suggesting that 45% of the jobs be filled by blacks even if more are unqualified or criminals?

Whoa, Nellie. YOU said that black were getting jobs they were unqualified for because of Affirmative Action. So why wouldn't they get the jobs even if they are not qualified (now you're bringing felons into the equation)? That's what AA is all about, right? You don't like AA and you think it's unfair. That 12 percent might work on the farms and Dutch Pennsylvania but not in urban areas. If all of these black were getting jobs they were unqualified for like you claim, the entire country would be going to shit...wait a minute, you already think that so is that because there is an unqualified black as the President? Bottom line is that you make bigoted statements. Yeah, I know you got black friends and all blah blah blah. I know you may THINK you know what qualifications are necessary for every job, but I know you don't. But you just keep cleaning up black folks mess so we can keep AA going. Yay you!

AA is unfair. It's intentions are right, but its actions are unfair. The purpose of AA was to make sure that folks that were equal in skills were hired based on their skills and not their race. That thought got lost some how. Ask any fireman, or policeman wanna be that lost out at a chance for a job, not because their score but because of their color. AA while good in it's intent has become nothing other then another form of racism.

I understand that. The point was that she said unqualified blacks get the jobs while qualified whites don't. And she knows this for a fact because she's always cleaning up black folks mess because they are unqualified for jobs in her field. And because blacks are unqualified in her field, then black are unqualified in every field. And any black that gets a job over a white has to be less qualified for the job but they got the job because of AA. And she can only learn from whites because she already knows more than blacks. Isn't that pretty much spot on KK?

Are you suggesting that 45% of the jobs be filled by blacks even if more are unqualified or criminals?

Whoa, Nellie. YOU said that black were getting jobs they were unqualified for because of Affirmative Action. So why wouldn't they get the jobs even if they are not qualified (now you're bringing felons into the equation)? That's what AA is all about, right? You don't like AA and you think it's unfair. That 12 percent might work on the farms and Dutch Pennsylvania but not in urban areas. If all of these black were getting jobs they were unqualified for like you claim, the entire country would be going to shit...wait a minute, you already think that so is that because there is an unqualified black as the President? Bottom line is that you make bigoted statements. Yeah, I know you got black friends and all blah blah blah. I know you may THINK you know what qualifications are necessary for every job, but I know you don't. But you just keep cleaning up black folks mess so we can keep AA going. Yay you!

AA is unfair. It's intentions are right, but its actions are unfair. The purpose of AA was to make sure that folks that were equal in skills were hired based on their skills and not their race. That thought got lost some how. Ask any fireman, or policeman wanna be that lost out at a chance for a job, not because their score but because of their color. AA while good in it's intent has become nothing other then another form of racism.

AA is not racism, but the ones who appear to be racists are the whites who are against it because of their racist assumptions that blacks are always less qualified than whites and that every black that does get the job gets it because they're, although none of these whites truly know the skill level and experience of these blacks for sure.

While you AA is unfair, it has not disadvantaged whites and is far less of a problem that white privilege, which alot of whites refuse to acknowledge exists, despite overwhelming evidence that more than proves its existence.

AA is not racism,

any policies that consider race a factor are racist by definition

Policies that favour someone in a disproportionate manner are racist, AA is not racism because it offsets white privilege. Before AA there was no equality and once again it only takes qualified people into consideration, the sole criteria is not race, jackass.

AA is not racism,

Policies that favour someone in a disproportionate manner are racist, AA is not racism because it offsets white privilege. Before AA there was no equality and once again it only takes qualified people into consideration, the sole criteria is not race, jackass.

You sir, are a moron.

Tell me, WHAT white "privilege" is there?

You sir, are a moron.

LMAO, its bed time right now when the Bass wakes up maybe he'll remind you, but until then.........

What is white privilege? - Mary Mitchell

You sir, are a moron.

LMAO, its bed time right now when the Bass wakes up maybe he'll remind you, but until then.........

What is white privilege? - Mary Mitchell

Really? :eusa_eh: Then explain this, I was in the shelters for several years ... in all of them more than 60% of the clients were white, and less than 10% of the employees were white. How is that privilege?

AA is not racism,

Motivation does not matter. The fact is that racially biased policies are inherently racist

oh, and you just admitted that AA must favor blacks over whites in order to 'offset' anything- making your earlier claims of the contrary another example of you contradicting yourself

Is is wrong to state what our Lord Jesus made obvious? That being said I dare say none of you considers himself on equal terms with the wild, uncivilized Negroid peoples who still live in the darkest jungles of Africa?

Is it wrong to openly state that a person belongs to the master race? I think not.

Hmm. But I thought blacks had an advantage? How is that if they get hired less often?

I think when employers think they can get away with it, they hire white. If not, or if the outfit is trying to be PC, they hire black.

I've sat in on meetings where the OWNERS of the company say that very thing: Hire a white guy instead of a ghetto thug black guy. Wanna know what the punchline of this story is?

THE OWNER IS A BLACK MAN!

:eek:

:rofl:

Hmm. But I thought blacks had an advantage? How is that if they get hired less often?

I think when employers think they can get away with it, they hire white. If not, or if the outfit is trying to be PC, they hire black.

I've sat in on meetings where the OWNERS of the company say that very thing: Hire a white guy instead of a ghetto thug black guy. Wanna know what the punchline of this story is?

Actually, why would a ghetto thug black guy be looking for a job at a reputable company? They sell drugs and have hood rat girlfriends on welfare and food stamps. I guess it speaks volumes as to the type of company it is that it couldn't attract hard working black men. :eusa_whistle:

Actually, why would a ghetto thug black guy be looking for a job at a reputable company? They sell drugs and have hood rat girlfriends on welfare and food stamps. I guess it speaks volumes as to the type of company it is that it couldn't attract hard working black men. :eusa_whistle:

You might think so. However, Bill Cosby wouldn't return our calls.

if you think that only well dressed college grads are out dropping in on HR everywhere looking for ANY employment then go ask your HR dept about how many more apps get filtered these days from grossly under qualified applicants. :thup:

if you think that only well dressed college grads are out dropping in on HR everywhere looking for ANY employment then go ask your HR dept about how many more apps get filtered these days from grossly under qualified applicants. :thup:

Well, if Bill Cosby was his idea of a hard working black man, then maybe the owner is a joke. Especially if he thinks that skin color and zip code is directly related to work habit. College graduate doesn't necessarily equal hard worker. And I'm in the south...business casual is a whole lot different here than in other parts of the country.

Well, if Bill Cosby was his idea of a hard working black man, then maybe the owner is a joke. Especially if he thinks that skin color and zip code is directly related to work habit. College graduate doesn't necessarily equal hard worker. And I'm in the south...business casual is a whole lot different here than in other parts of the country.

clearly, you missed why I used Bill Cosby. Regardless, while they may not NECESSARILY suggest anything about work habit statistically speaking they do. Would you dare suggest that the chances of having a felony background are NOT more likely in ghetto thugland? Individual exceptions that prove the rule are great. But occasional diamonds don't make the rough any less rough. Personally, I don't base my criteria on race when hiring.. But, it's funny as hell when a black owner of a minority owned Affirmative Action enjoying organization is so blatant about who he wants hired based on nothing more than the kind of racism that archie bunker employed.

clearly, you missed why I used Bill Cosby. Regardless, while they may not NECESSARILY suggest anything about work habit statistically speaking they do. Would you dare suggest that the chances of having a felony background are NOT more likely in ghetto thugland? Individual exceptions that prove the rule are great. But occasional diamonds don't make the rough any less rough. Personally, I don't base my criteria on race when hiring.. But, it's funny as hell when a black owner of a minority owned Affirmative Action enjoying organization is so blatant about who he wants hired based on nothing more than the kind of racism that archie bunker employed.

Yeah, I got the joke...that why I ended the sentence with "joke." I'm not suggesting anything...I'm proof. And none of my friends that lived and grew up in ghetto thugland were felons either. Not one of the 12. A lot of people have common misconceptions about ghetto thugland that they carry with them all through life and they are the ones that swear they're not bigots and racists. I knew more felons in the 'burbs and out in the countryside than I knew in ghetto thugland. But that was because they were usually striving to be what they thought ghetto thugland was about. As for the black owner, it's funny how he would keep the misconception alive. I guess he thought he was doing more good than harm and he has that right. But I'm pretty sure when he was younger, he was one of the ones ridin' by the projects laughing at where we stayed.

Yeah, I got the joke...that why I ended the sentence with "joke." I'm not suggesting anything...I'm proof. And none of my friends that lived and grew up in ghetto thugland were felons either. Not one of the 12. A lot of people have common misconceptions about ghetto thugland that they carry with them all through life and they are the ones that swear they're not bigots and racists. I knew more felons in the 'burbs and out in the countryside than I knew in ghetto thugland. But that was because they were usually striving to be what they thought ghetto thugland was about. As for the black owner, it's funny how he would keep the misconception alive. I guess he thought he was doing more good than harm and he has that right. But I'm pretty sure when he was younger, he was one of the ones ridin' by the projects laughing at where we stayed.

protecting his business from neck tats and felons is more like it. Regardless of your 12 friends the fact remains that ghettos breed higher crime rates than almost any other demographic. If you don't follow the pattern then so be it; kudos to you. But you are not the rule, you are the exception. Reality is often a little more harsh than after school special exceptions.

protecting his business from neck tats and felons is more like it. Regardless of your 12 friends the fact remains that ghettos breed higher crime rates than almost any other demographic. If you don't follow the pattern then so be it; kudos to you. But you are not the rule, you are the exception. Reality is often a little more harsh than after school special exceptions.

That's the rule because the rule is slanted. That rule is a stereotype. Most felons in the 'hood are repeat offenders. The majority of black people in inner city neighborhoods are not felons. Most have not even been to jail. But sensationalized news reports and ingrained stereotypes have you and the business owner believing different. And as far as breeding a higher crime rate...that's like comparing NYC with a population of 11 million to New Bern, NC. But open out the swath to include 11 million people and see what the crime rate jumps to.

sometimes evidence is just a bit more convincing than bullshit rhetoric.

Highlights include the following:

* From 1993 to 1998 the trends in violent and property crime for urban and suburban areas were similar. For both urban and suburban areas, violent and property crime trends during this period decreased at a greater rate than in rural areas.
* The average annual 1993-98 violent crime rate in urban areas was about 74% higher than the rural rate and 37% higher than the suburban rate.
* Urban males experienced violent victimizations at rates 64% higher than the average combined suburban and rural male rate and 47% higher than urban females.
* Although most violent crimes in urban (60%), suburban (68%), and rural (70%) areas were committed without a weapon, firearm usage in the commission of a violent crime was higher in urban areas when compared to suburban or rural areas (12% urban versus 9% suburban and 8% rural).
* Between 1993 and 1998, 19 in 20 suburban and rural households owned motor vehicles; however, in suburban households the theft of motor vehicles (13 per 1,000 households) was twice the rural rate (6 per 1,000 households) during this period.
* Property crimes were generally completed at higher rates against urban households than against suburban or rural households.
* Urban violent crime victims were more likely than suburban or rural crime victims to be victimized by a stranger (respectively, 53%, 47%, and 34% of violent crime victims).

Bureau of Justice Statistics Urban, Suburban, and Rural Victimization, 1993-98

:thup:

sometimes evidence is just a bit more convincing than bullshit rhetoric.

Highlights include the following:

* From 1993 to 1998 the trends in violent and property crime for urban and suburban areas were similar. For both urban and suburban areas, violent and property crime trends during this period decreased at a greater rate than in rural areas.
* The average annual 1993-98 violent crime rate in urban areas was about 74% higher than the rural rate and 37% higher than the suburban rate.
* Urban males experienced violent victimizations at rates 64% higher than the average combined suburban and rural male rate and 47% higher than urban females.
* Although most violent crimes in urban (60%), suburban (68%), and rural (70%) areas were committed without a weapon, firearm usage in the commission of a violent crime was higher in urban areas when compared to suburban or rural areas (12% urban versus 9% suburban and 8% rural).
* Between 1993 and 1998, 19 in 20 suburban and rural households owned motor vehicles; however, in suburban households the theft of motor vehicles (13 per 1,000 households) was twice the rural rate (6 per 1,000 households) during this period.
* Property crimes were generally completed at higher rates against urban households than against suburban or rural households.
* Urban violent crime victims were more likely than suburban or rural crime victims to be victimized by a stranger (respectively, 53%, 47%, and 34% of violent crime victims).

Bureau of Justice Statistics Urban, Suburban, and Rural Victimization, 1993-98

:thup:

That still doesn't say that the rule is that you're from the urban ghetto that you're more likely to commit crime. And it doesn't say that most people from the inner city are criminals. Those are statistics that say crime is higher in the inner city than it is in the burbs and countryside. It doesn't say that you're more likely to victimize others...it just says that you're more likely to be victimized...mostly by the same people...that were once caught for victimizing others. That's where the disconnect is. You throw up all these numbers for crimes and then equate the crimes being committed to the entire neighborhood. Well, I'm calling bullshit. The criminals in the inner city are only a small percentage of the actual populace.

Question. If you were a car thief, would you be on Route 66 waiting for your next victim or would you go to to the city where all the cars are sitting just asking to be jacked?

Forum List

Back