How Poverty Is Cultivated.

Jesus Flippin' Christ that was a disjointed post/ thought that you had. While it could have been enlightening, it was, in fact, painful to read due to your frankensteining all the quotes together like that. You have the composition skills and aesthetic tastes of a freakin' 2 year old. You took what could have been a powerful message and completely fucked it all up.

]

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I can't read her posts all the way through either. It's like reading a dyslexic with Tourette's.

The Liberal in post #17 seemed to understand it.....and I thought he was a dunce.

Heck....you must be wayyyyyyyyy off to the left side of the IQ curve, huh?[/QUOTE]

I am not a lib, leftist, or any such thing. I am conservative and never vote for any party other than Republican. I am not exactly sure what you are, as I was not too interested in reading that discombobulated clusterfuck of a post you wrote. Why not use the stats to make a compelling argument or as a basis for an eloquent statement instead of just throwing them in the reader's face? This is not a criticism of your politics. It is a criticism of the way you communicate, which is poorly. Therefore, if I were you, I would not be throwing around allegations of low I.Q.

]

Jesus Flippin' Christ that was a disjointed post/ thought that you had. While it could have been enlightening, it was, in fact, painful to read due to your frankensteining all the quotes together like that. You have the composition skills and aesthetic tastes of a freakin' 2 year old. You took what could have been a powerful message and completely fucked it all up.

]

I can't read her posts all the way through either. It's like reading a dyslexic with Tourette's.

The Liberal in post #17 seemed to understand it.....and I thought he was a dunce.

Heck....you must be wayyyyyyyyy off to the left side of the IQ curve, huh?

I am not a lib, leftist, or any such thing. I am conservative and never vote for any party other than Republican. I am not exactly sure what you are, as I was not too interested in reading that discombobulated clusterfuck of a post you wrote. Why not use the stats to make a compelling argument or as a basis for an eloquent statement instead of just throwing them in the reader's face? This is not a criticism of your politics. It is a criticism of the way you communicate, which is poorly. Therefore, if I were you, I would not be throwing around allegations of low I.Q.

]

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com[/QUOTE]

There is a very simple rule, even simple enough for one who declines to read a thread before writing a critique of same:

I will post what and how I am interested in posting.

You may read what ever interests you.

Try to follow that rule.

Poverty is not 'cultivated' by the social spending of the welfare state. If that were true, Africa would have the least amount of poverty in the world.

Don't you realize yet that I am never wrong?

1. A key to why ‘poverty’ ceased to decline almost as soon as the ‘War on Poverty’ began, is that the poor and lower-income population stopped working, and this led to the other deteriorating social conditions Murray cites. In 1960, almost 2/3 of lowest-income households were headed by persons who worked. http://www2.census.gov/prod2/popscan/p60-080.pdf

a. By 1991, this number was down to only one third….and only 11% working full time. Nor was this due to being unable to find work, as the ‘80’s and ‘90’s were boom times.

2. Here we see an inherent weakness in Liberal thinking, that is that they are the smartest of folks, and their brilliance is necessary for other to prosper. The sequitur is that the people that they guide are stupid.
No, the problem is that, with government welfare programs offering such generous and wide-ranging benefits, form housing to medical care to food stamps to outright cash, many reduce or eliminate their work effort.

3. Proof? Sure. The government conducted a study, 1971-1978 known as the Seattle-Denver Income Maintenance Experiment, or SIME-DIME, in which low income families were given a guaranteed income, a welfare package with everything liberal policy makers could hope for. Result: for every dollar of extra welfare given, low income recipients reduced their labor by 80 cents. http://www.policyarchive.org/handle/10207/bitstreams/12794.pdf

[The results for husbands show that the combination of negative income tax plans tested in SIME/DIME — which, as already mentioned, represents on average a relatively generous cash transfer program with a guarantee of 115% of the poverty line and a tax rate of 50% — has a significant negative effect on hours worked per year. ]Overview of the Final Report of the SIME/DIME: Report

a. Further results: dissolution of families: “This conclusion was unambiguously unfavorable to advocates of a negative income tax that would cover married couples, for two important reasons. First, increased marital breakups among the poor would increase the numbers on welfare and the amount of transfer payments, principally because the separated wife and children would receive higher transfer payments.

Second, marital dissolutions and the usual accompanying absence of
fathers from households with children are generally considered unfavorable outcomes regardless of whether or not the welfare rolls increase.”
http://www.bos.frb.org/economic/conf/conf30/conf30c.pdf

b. “When families received guaranteed income at 90% of the poverty level, there was a 43% increase in black family dissolution and a 63% increase in white family dissolution. At 125% of the poverty levels, dissolutions were 75% and 40%.” Robert B. Carleson, “Government Is The Problem,” p. 57.

4. Since productive activity not making any economic sense because of the work disincentives of the welfare plantation, other kinds of activities proliferate: drug and alcohol abuse, crime, recreational sex, illegitimacy, and family breakup are the new social norms, as does the culture of violence.

Why are most of the poorest people in the world in countries that have little or no government programs for the poor?

]

]

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com[/QUOTE]

FYI the author of this thread is an immigrant who doesn't have a job.

How Poverty Is Cultivated.

Ingredients

1- Corrupt demagogue politicians

2- Citizens who lack motivation and hate the work ethic, the parasites

3- A Federal Reserve Board - staff it with folks who love to inflate the currency and love paper money. Make sure that the board is not audited

3- Promise the parasites that by voting for the right candidate they will be fed, insured and their thirst quenched

4- Create a lot of welfare type programs and make sure that the parasites become addicted to the same

5- Create government schools , teach them that forcing taxpayers to support the parasites is copacetic

:mad::eek::cuckoo:

Poverty is not 'cultivated' by the social spending of the welfare state. If that were true, Africa would have the least amount of poverty in the world.

1. A key to why ‘poverty’ ceased to decline almost as soon as the ‘War on Poverty’ began, is that the poor and lower-income population stopped working, and this led to the other deteriorating social conditions Murray cites. In 1960, almost 2/3 of lowest-income households were headed by persons who worked. http://www2.census.gov/prod2/popscan/p60-080.pdf

a. By 1991, this number was down to only one third….and only 11% working full time. Nor was this due to being unable to find work, as the ‘80’s and ‘90’s were boom times.

2. Here we see an inherent weakness in Liberal thinking, that is that they are the smartest of folks, and their brilliance is necessary for other to prosper. The sequitur is that the people that they guide are stupid.
No, the problem is that, with government welfare programs offering such generous and wide-ranging benefits, form housing to medical care to food stamps to outright cash, many reduce or eliminate their work effort.

3. Proof? Sure. The government conducted a study, 1971-1978 known as the Seattle-Denver Income Maintenance Experiment, or SIME-DIME, in which low income families were given a guaranteed income, a welfare package with everything liberal policy makers could hope for. Result: for every dollar of extra welfare given, low income recipients reduced their labor by 80 cents. http://www.policyarchive.org/handle/10207/bitstreams/12794.pdf

[The results for husbands show that the combination of negative income tax plans tested in SIME/DIME — which, as already mentioned, represents on average a relatively generous cash transfer program with a guarantee of 115% of the poverty line and a tax rate of 50% — has a significant negative effect on hours worked per year. ]Overview of the Final Report of the SIME/DIME: Report

a. Further results: dissolution of families: “This conclusion was unambiguously unfavorable to advocates of a negative income tax that would cover married couples, for two important reasons. First, increased marital breakups among the poor would increase the numbers on welfare and the amount of transfer payments, principally because the separated wife and children would receive higher transfer payments.

fathers from households with children are generally considered unfavorable outcomes regardless of whether or not the welfare rolls increase.”

b. “When families received guaranteed income at 90% of the poverty level, there was a 43% increase in black family dissolution and a 63% increase in white family dissolution. At 125% of the poverty levels, dissolutions were 75% and 40%.” Robert B. Carleson, “Government Is The Problem,” p. 57.

4. Since productive activity not making any economic sense because of the work disincentives of the welfare plantation, other kinds of activities proliferate: drug and alcohol abuse, crime, recreational sex, illegitimacy, and family breakup are the new social norms, as does the culture of violence.

Why are most of the poorest people in the world in countries that have little or no government programs for the poor?

It seems that I have punctured any pretense that Liberal welfare policy does anything except increase the rolls, and increase dependency.

You are left with few choices....you usual fabrications, or, this attempt to change the subject.

You lose again.

And, for further edification:

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure.

From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship.

The average age of the world's great civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith, from spiritual faith to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency, from dependency back to bondage."
Alexander Tyler 1787
{There is some question as to the authenticity of the attribution. But not the premise}

His phrase "loose fiscal policy" refers to corruption and Liberalism.....or is that redundant.

]

FYI the author of this thread is an immigrant who doesn't have a job.[/QUOTE]

And the author of this post is an America-hater, quite the opposite of the "author of this thread."

1.A key to why ‘poverty’ ceased to decline almost as soon as the ‘War on Poverty’ began, is that the poor and lower-income population stopped working, and this led to the other deteriorating social conditions Murray cites. In 1960, almost 2/3 of lowest-income households were headed by persons who worked. http://www2.census.gov/prod2/popscan/p60-080.pdf

a.By 1991, this number was down to only one third….and only 11% working full time. Nor was this due to being unable to find work, as the ‘80’s and ‘90’s were boom times.

2.Here we see an inherent weakness in Liberal thinking, that is that they are the smartest of folks, and their brilliance is necessary for other to prosper. The sequitur is that the people that they guide are stupid.

3.Proof? Sure. The government conducted a study, 1971-1978 known as the Seattle-Denver Income Maintenance Experiment, or SIME-DIME, in which low income families were given a guaranteed income, a welfare package with everything liberal policy makers could hope for. Result: for every dollar of extra welfare given, low income recipients reduced their labor by 80 cents. http://www.policyarchive.org/handle/10207/bitstreams/12794.pdf

It seems that I have punctured any pretense that Liberal welfare policy does anything except increase the rolls, and increase dependency.

You are left with few choices....you usual fabrications, or, this attempt to change the subject.

You lose again.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure.

From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship.

The average age of the world's great civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith, from spiritual faith to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency, from dependency back to bondage."

Alexander Tyler 1787

{There is some question as to the authenticity of the attribution. But not the premise}

His phrase "loose fiscal policy" refers to corruption and Liberalism.....or is that redundant.

Ironically the other day the author of this thread was boasting about how much charity conservatives give to the Poor.

Seems odd that if you believe handouts to the Poor do more harm than good that you would also claim as one of your own virtues your own capacity to provide those handouts.

You lose again.

Alexander Tyler 1787

Jesus, there you go again. This is merely a polite suggestion. Organize your thoughts before you write them down. Your posts are the written equivalent to gibberish.

]

]

And the author of this post is an America-hater, quite the opposite of the "author of this thread."

Doesn't your ability to live off the labor of others tend to discourage you from going out and getting a job?

Aren't you actually an example of the kind of person you hold in so much contempt?

Last edited:

You lose again.

Alexander Tyler 1787

Jesus, there you go again. This is merely a polite suggestion. Organize your thoughts before you write them down. Your posts are the written equivalent to gibberish.

]

PoliticalChic often depends on the wisdom of strangers...

]

Doesn't your ability to live off the labor of others tend to discourage you from going out and getting a job?

Aren't you actually an example of the kind of person you hold in so much contempt?

I see the envy of my fortune.....

The cream does tend to rise to the top.

"Aren't you actually an example of the kind of person you hold in so much contempt?"

Actually, you are an example of the kind of person I hold in contempt?

And it does seem to bother you.....a bonus.

]

PoliticalChic often depends on the wisdom of strangers...

I have found that there are a lot of people here like this. They are unable to make a cogent, effective argument and opt to just spit out statistics picked up on the internet, sometimes from sources of dubious credibility. They are "stat spitters", for lack of a better term. They make a mere conclusory statements then exercise their amazing powers of copy and paste. It is really a pretty pathetic indictment of education in our country that someone from one of the most advanced, wealthiest industrialized nations cannot utilize our native language to make an articulate and persuasive argument.

"Aren't you actually an example of the kind of person you hold in so much contempt?"

Are you on meds?

Are you on meds?

The author of this thread posts the same incoherent, indefensible rants on a regular basis.

I recommend you read this one, from 3 years ago - start to finish for your entertainment - with keen attention to how comprehensively she is demolished.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-rubber-room/181660-poverty-doesn-t-exist.html

...oh, and her denial of said demolition, then and now, is the icing on the cake.

Are you on meds?

The author of this thread posts the same incoherent, indefensible rants on a regular basis.

I recommend you read this one, from 3 years ago - start to finish for your entertainment - with keen attention to how comprehensively she is demolished.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-rubber-room/181660-poverty-doesn-t-exist.html

...oh, and her denial of said demolition, then and now, is the icing on the cake.

Holy shit. These kind of people almost make me want to change my conservative politics...almost. This kind of shit usually emanates from the more ignorant, far-right religious types. Fortunately, as an atheist I can disavow any affiliation with those people. This crazy bitch has the sensibilities of a Fourth Reich bureaucrat.

Forum List

Back