How political correctness has ruined this country

Just goggle what I showed. You'll see this was a very hot topic.

Why? Because the Obama camp made it a hot topic.

Immie
I won't deny that the Obama camp did accuse Hillary Clinton of being a racist. But that isn't what I'm talking about. You stated that many posters/voters were called racists because they wouldn't vote for Obama. As I stated above, I have not experienced that or seen anyone make that charge and from what I can see you aren't able to find any evidence that would change my mind.

That is fine... you are just an obstinate woman anyway... and I say that in jest, so please take it that way! ;) Lord, I hope you are a lady and I have not mistaken your gender over the net.

I'm sorry, but I am not willing to search through tens of thousands of posts to convince you of the fact. You may not have felt it, but I did.

I provided what evidence I could. If you do not believe that liberal posters ran with that talking point, then you are more than welcomed to continue living in your dream world.

Immie
You got the gender right, and no offense. I don't think it is a dream world...I was here during the election and I only saw cons complaining that they were accused of being racist, but never saw anyone actually accuse them.

I won't deny that the Obama camp did accuse Hillary Clinton of being a racist. But that isn't what I'm talking about. You stated that many posters/voters were called racists because they wouldn't vote for Obama. As I stated above, I have not experienced that or seen anyone make that charge and from what I can see you aren't able to find any evidence that would change my mind.

That is fine... you are just an obstinate woman anyway... and I say that in jest, so please take it that way! ;) Lord, I hope you are a lady and I have not mistaken your gender over the net.

I'm sorry, but I am not willing to search through tens of thousands of posts to convince you of the fact. You may not have felt it, but I did.

I provided what evidence I could. If you do not believe that liberal posters ran with that talking point, then you are more than welcomed to continue living in your dream world.

Immie
You got the gender right, and no offense. I don't think it is a dream world...I was here during the election and I only saw cons complaining that they were accused of being racist, but never saw anyone actually accuse them.

Just do the search I requested. You will see what brought that up. It was not a figment of their imaginations. The talking points were... if you don't vote Obama in November you are a racist. To the extremist... talking points are key... you do the math.

Immie

"If someone disagrees with wild claims from feminists than they are "misogynists.""

I've never encountered anything like that before, especially considering all the wild and stupid claims you'll hear from some of the more radical fems.

Immie

Just do the search I requested. You will see what brought that up. It was not a figment of their imaginations. The talking points were... if you don't vote Obama in November you are a racist. To the extremist... talking points are key... you do the math.

Immie
No offense, Immie, but I thought you were more intelligent than this.:lol:

Immie
No offense, Immie, but I thought you were more intelligent than this.:lol:

Offense taken :tongue:

Immie

Just goggle what I showed. You'll see this was a very hot topic.

Why? Because the Obama camp made it a hot topic.

Immie

Immie

Since we had different experiences, its useless to discuss what happened in the election. My response to the OP was focused more on the present. The OP termed the PC in present tense of what is going on now.

If you criticize a minority/woman/pick-your-choice-of-supposed-victimhood you're basically categorized as a bigot. Hate speech is anything a white male says that liberals disagree with. Rather than a liberal saying, "Gee I disagree with your position on immigration", it's "you're a racist." ... If someone disagrees with Obama than they are a racist and klansman. ...

My statements were addressed to this present tense assertion. On this board I see lots of people attacking Obama and his policies, only one incident where someone claimed that was racist, which IMO it certainly is not. But the OP's comment is not accurate describing the present tense, at least what I see reflect on this board.

pc is in the eye of the beholder.

The left says nazi, the right says feminazi.

Political Correctness is Pure Unadulterated BULLSHIT.......

Because we should be able to call blacks "*******" and gays "faggots"? It's very PC not to do so.

I think there is a lot more to being PC than just what your mentioning, and in the context in which your mentioning it. An example is the Polish jokes, they're funny jokes, and most people don't look down on Polish people at all. I had a Polish friend that couldn't get enough of the jokes. In Montana they switch Polish with North Dakotians, and call them No. Dak. jokes. That's two examples. It just comes down to people telling other people that they need to be sensitive about it.
If black's were sensitive with a white person uses the term "******" then they should be sensitive when other Black's call them that same term.

Last edited:

Because we should be able to call blacks "*******" and gays "faggots"? It's very PC not to do so.

I think there is a lot more to being PC than just what your mentioning, and in the context in which your mentioning it. An example is the Polish jokes, they're funny jokes, and most people don't look down on Polish people at all. I had a Polish friend that couldn't get enough of the jokes. In Montana they switch Polish with North Dakotians, and call them No. Dak. jokes. That's two examples. It just comes down to people telling other people that they need to be sensitive about it.

I agree. But calling people racist names is the core of what PC is about. That why when someone rails about PC I ask them if its about calling people racist names, because if its not what they are really saying is that PC is fine, but that people sometimes take it too far.

If black's were sensitive with a white person uses the term "******" then they should be sensitive when other Black's call them that same term.

I agree with you, but the fact that some do doesn't excuse a white person calling them *******, IMO.

I agree. But calling people racist names is the core of what PC is about. That why when someone rails about PC I ask them if its about calling people racist names, because if its not what they are really saying is that PC is fine, but that people sometimes take it too far.

I agree with you, but the fact that some do doesn't excuse a white person calling them *******, IMO.

Iriemon, the PC started about 15-20 years ago with the over the top movement. Calling a person a derogatory name such as ******, or faggot is just wrong...at anytime, and has been long before PC. But the PC police has gone over the edge. Calling an illegal a "wetback" is common...and has been for as long as I've been alive. It was about them swimming across the river. I was told by a white that I was politically wrong in calling them that. I asked a native Hispanic what he called them...he said he called them "wetties". So not everyone has to be sensitive in such matters, and wouldn't be if not for the PC police. I've been called "cracker", "white trash", and "casper" you think it bothers me??? Not at all. We don't always have to get our panties in a bunch about it...It's just basically slang. Everyone has the right to think what they want about anything. We live in the greatest nation in the world, it's not a perfect nation, and never will be. But, let's pick the correct hills to make our stand on, if we don't we won't win.

If Black's are offended by the word ******, they should be just as offended no matter who says it. Then thinking that it's not right for a white to say it, but Ok with a Black to say it...is just racist. Now how can that be politically correct?

Last edited:
In the PC world in which we live, the free and honest exchange of ideas is discouraged. PC has basically ruined the heart and soul of this country by attacking free speech. If you criticize a minority/woman/pick-your-choice-of-supposed-victimhood you're basically categorized as a bigot. Hate speech is anything a white male says that liberals disagree with. Rather than a liberal saying, "Gee I disagree with your position on immigration", it's "you're a racist." Anyone else can talk about a white male or a conservative woman (Ann Coulter) or a conservative black (Clarence Thomas) and can call them Nazis, hags and uncle Tom's. NOT ONLY THAT BUT THEY DO IT IN A SEETHING SELF RIGHTEOUS TONE. It actually sounds kind of like Nazi Germany, only it's not Jews getting demonized but anyone who dare criticize a topic that left has designated as a good topic to increase power such as immigration, affirmative action, women's issues and so forth...

If someone disagrees with Obama than they are a racist and klansman. If someone disagrees with wild claims from feminists than they are "misogynists." The liberal contrived PC thought police have turned the U.S. into a phony country where the default position is akin to never ending scenarios that echo the emperor has no clothes. The most recent barrage of PC hypocrisy came the other day when Obama got on the air and said "We're doing all we can to combat the swine flu." Yet he said right before that, that he wouldn't close the border to Mexico with illegal aliens streaming over for medical care. This is EXACTLY the kind of phoniness and doublespeak that will lead to the end of a functioning society. In short, the toxic effects of Political Correctness will be the end of the U.S. as a superpower.

I would have to say it depends on the type of criticism of a black/woman/Jew/whatever. If the tone is there, or the subtlety is actually not-so-subtle, then yes, it smacks of racism. Perhaps you haven't visited many other message boards/blog sites and seen the plethora of blatantly racist comments, caricatures, photoshopped ugliness, and serious threats made since Obama's election. Having a black man elected President seemed to open to door wide to all the closet racists who have just been pretending to be tolerant all this time and they're now free to expose themselves anonymously and feel *good* about their prejudices because they've found so many like-minded people.

As for the border closing, if you know how to shut down 3,000 miles of open space overnight, then knock yourself out. I'm sure Homeland Security would be interested in your solution.

For a rhetorical question?

"I hate PC" type posts complaining abut Obama are often disguises for that intent. After all the most fundamental type of PC is you don't call people racist names. Does Dorkazoid have a problem with that? Or when he railed against PC did he not mean all PC but some of it. He didn't condition his complaint as to that.

His argument that "PC" prevents criticism against Obama is bunk. On this forum, Obama is assailed daily for everything from shaking hands to getting a dog improperly. I have only one time in the month I've been here seen that anyone suggested that there was a racist motive to the criticism, in a thread by Sealybobo, and in that thread he was excortiated by conservatives and liberals alike, myself included, for making a baseless assertion. The assertion that "If someone disagrees with Obama than they are a racist and klansman" is utter bunk.

Having said that, and reviewing the thread, I'll agree my response was over the line. I retract it and apologize to Dorkazoid.

You've been here a month. I wasn't posting here a lot, during the election, but many of the people who post here post on other sites I frequented. Believe me when I say that during the election, if you so much as hinted that you were a) of pale skin and b) that you were not going to vote for Barack Obama you could pretty much place a hefty bet on the table that the next post would be declaring you a racist.

That is sad, but true.

Sure, much of it was rhetoric, but there was no place for it.

I didn't vote for President Obama. I did not and made it perfectly clear that I was not voting for either one of the main parties. My stance shielded me from much of the "you're a racist if you are not voting for Obama." But, many people who have always been conservative Republicans to the core whom you would not expect to vote for Obama, were accused of being racist because they stated they were not going to vote for Barack Obama. Most of them are like a lot of the libs... libs who wouldn't vote (R) if you put a gun to their heads and those of whom I speak would not vote (D) if you put a gun to their heads, but by God if they were white and not voting Obama they were racists.

Immie

So after Obama won, why was it politically correct for the right wingers to harp ad nauseam on the fact that 90% of black people voted for Obama "so no wonder he won..."?? It was a statement of fact, but racially charged.

So after Obama won, why was it politically correct for the right wingers to harp ad nauseam on the fact that 90% of black people voted for Obama "so no wonder he won..."?? It was a statement of fact, but racially charged.

It wasn't. Who said it was?

Immie

Because that was what they were being accused of.

We were made to feel like racist for no other reason than the fact that we were not voting for him. They played the race card throughout the election.

Immie
You'll have to find some instances for me to believe that. I was a Hillary supporter and while I watched Hillary being called a racist by rabid Obamabots I was never called one myself.

Here are just a couple of links that discuss being racist if you vote against Obama:

Stephanopoulos: Those Against Obama Because He's Black Won't Vote for Any Democrat | NewsBusters.org

Chgo Sun-Times: Now Greeley Says It's Racist Not to Vote Obama | NewsBusters.org

Pat Dollard | Young Americans | Blog Archive » White Democrats That Don’t Vote For Obama Are Racist

Racist voters spell trouble for Obama in West Virginia? // Current

Google = racist vote against obama

You will find plenty of links to stories that claim that people who vote against Obama are racist. Now remember, if the net says it people on these sites (both sides) pick it up and run with it. Partisans on these sites took up the cause and those who were opposed to Obama were accused of being racists.

Now, I realize that this goes both ways. If I remember correctly those who voted against McCain were accused of being anti-vet, but that one really didn't take off as well, but it could have.

Immie

There really is no way of knowing how many people did not vote for Obama because of his race, but we all know there are plenty who struggled to get to the polls for that very reason. In some circles racism exists worse than ever.

You'll have to find some instances for me to believe that. I was a Hillary supporter and while I watched Hillary being called a racist by rabid Obamabots I was never called one myself.

Here are just a couple of links that discuss being racist if you vote against Obama:

Stephanopoulos: Those Against Obama Because He's Black Won't Vote for Any Democrat | NewsBusters.org

Chgo Sun-Times: Now Greeley Says It's Racist Not to Vote Obama | NewsBusters.org

Pat Dollard | Young Americans | Blog Archive » White Democrats That Don’t Vote For Obama Are Racist

Racist voters spell trouble for Obama in West Virginia? // Current

Google = racist vote against obama

You will find plenty of links to stories that claim that people who vote against Obama are racist. Now remember, if the net says it people on these sites (both sides) pick it up and run with it. Partisans on these sites took up the cause and those who were opposed to Obama were accused of being racists.

Now, I realize that this goes both ways. If I remember correctly those who voted against McCain were accused of being anti-vet, but that one really didn't take off as well, but it could have.

Immie

There really is no way of knowing how many people did not vote for Obama because of his race, but we all know there are plenty who struggled to get to the polls for that very reason. In some circles racism exists worse than ever.

That's not very politically correct of you to say.

Nor is there any way of knowing how many people voted for him because of his race which really is no different than voting against him because of his race. My guess would be that more voted for him because of his race than against him.

As I said earlier, when the campaign started I liked him and considered voting for him. I chose not to simply because I was sick of both political parties.

I do not like some of the things he has done in office, but I highly doubt they are any worse than the things John McCain would have done. Personally, I'm more comfortable with what President Obama has done than I think I would have been had John McCain won. I felt Constitutional liberties were at risk with John McCain. So far, I don't feel like my liberties have been assaulted by President Obama, but only time shall tell as to what will happen in the future.

Immie

It's all in the tone. "******" can be degrading or complimentary, just like calling your wife your "old lady" but if you refer to your best friend's wife standing right there as his "old lady," she might take offense. (Bad example, but you get my gist.)

For a rhetorical question?

"I hate PC" type posts complaining abut Obama are often disguises for that intent. After all the most fundamental type of PC is you don't call people racist names. Does Dorkazoid have a problem with that? Or when he railed against PC did he not mean all PC but some of it. He didn't condition his complaint as to that.

His argument that "PC" prevents criticism against Obama is bunk. On this forum, Obama is assailed daily for everything from shaking hands to getting a dog improperly. I have only one time in the month I've been here seen that anyone suggested that there was a racist motive to the criticism, in a thread by Sealybobo, and in that thread he was excortiated by conservatives and liberals alike, myself included, for making a baseless assertion. The assertion that "If someone disagrees with Obama than they are a racist and klansman" is utter bunk.

Having said that, and reviewing the thread, I'll agree my response was over the line. I retract it and apologize to Dorkazoid.

You've been here a month. I wasn't posting here a lot, during the election, but many of the people who post here post on other sites I frequented. Believe me when I say that during the election, if you so much as hinted that you were a) of pale skin and b) that you were not going to vote for Barack Obama you could pretty much place a hefty bet on the table that the next post would be declaring you a racist.

That is sad, but true.

Sure, much of it was rhetoric, but there was no place for it.

I didn't vote for President Obama. I did not and made it perfectly clear that I was not voting for either one of the main parties. My stance shielded me from much of the "you're a racist if you are not voting for Obama." But, many people who have always been conservative Republicans to the core whom you would not expect to vote for Obama, were accused of being racist because they stated they were not going to vote for Barack Obama. Most of them are like a lot of the libs... libs who wouldn't vote (R) if you put a gun to their heads and those of whom I speak would not vote (D) if you put a gun to their heads, but by God if they were white and not voting Obama they were racists.

Immie

During the campaign, the democrats were saying that the right was being racist if Obama lost...which they weren't being racist.. I do believe that the right just wanted to show that on the other side that 90% of Blacks voted for Obama, which they felt was racist. Once again...just politics

Forum List

Back