How political correctness has ruined this country

You might be a racist for saying that.

Or at least want to shout out 'jungle bunny' at random intervals.

I'm sure there are plenty here that regard me as a racist and a homophobe. BFD.

Luckily for me I'm pretty good at suppressing the urge to say un-PC things out loud, I know the "rules".

In the PC world in which we live, the free and honest exchange of ideas is discouraged. PC has basically ruined the heart and soul of this country by attacking free speech. If you criticize a minority/woman/pick-your-choice-of-supposed-victimhood you're basically categorized as a bigot. Hate speech is anything a white male says that liberals disagree with. Rather than a liberal saying, "Gee I disagree with your position on immigration", it's "you're a racist." Anyone else can talk about a white male or a conservative woman (Ann Coulter) or a conservative black (Clarence Thomas) and can call them Nazis, hags and uncle Tom's. NOT ONLY THAT BUT THEY DO IT IN A SEETHING SELF RIGHTEOUS TONE. It actually sounds kind of like Nazi Germany, only it's not Jews getting demonized but anyone who dare criticize a topic that left has designated as a good topic to increase power such as immigration, affirmative action, women's issues and so forth...

If someone disagrees with Obama than they are a racist and klansman. If someone disagrees with wild claims from feminists than they are "misogynists." The liberal contrived PC thought police have turned the U.S. into a phony country where the default position is akin to never ending scenarios that echo the emperor has no clothes. The most recent barrage of PC hypocrisy came the other day when Obama got on the air and said "We're doing all we can to combat the swine flu." Yet he said right before that, that he wouldn't close the border to Mexico with illegal aliens streaming over for medical care. This is EXACTLY the kind of phoniness and doublespeak that will lead to the end of a functioning society. In short, the toxic effects of Political Correctness will be the end of the U.S. as a superpower.

And if we disagree with your paranoid ranting we are cursed Liberals.:razz:

You really miss the days when you and your buddies could call blacks "*******", don't ya?

Your intent to prove him right?

For a rhetorical question?

"I hate PC" type posts complaining abut Obama are often disguises for that intent. After all the most fundamental type of PC is you don't call people racist names. Does Dorkazoid have a problem with that? Or when he railed against PC did he not mean all PC but some of it. He didn't condition his complaint as to that.

His argument that "PC" prevents criticism against Obama is bunk. On this forum, Obama is assailed daily for everything from shaking hands to getting a dog improperly. I have only one time in the month I've been here seen that anyone suggested that there was a racist motive to the criticism, in a thread by Sealybobo, and in that thread he was excortiated by conservatives and liberals alike, myself included, for making a baseless assertion. The assertion that "If someone disagrees with Obama than they are a racist and klansman" is utter bunk.

Having said that, and reviewing the thread, I'll agree my response was over the line. I retract it and apologize to Dorkazoid.

Last edited:
In the PC world in which we live, the free and honest exchange of ideas is discouraged. PC has basically ruined the heart and soul of this country by attacking free speech. If you criticize a minority/woman/pick-your-choice-of-supposed-victimhood you're basically categorized as a bigot. Hate speech is anything a white male says that liberals disagree with. Rather than a liberal saying, "Gee I disagree with your position on immigration", it's "you're a racist." Anyone else can talk about a white male or a conservative woman (Ann Coulter) or a conservative black (Clarence Thomas) and can call them Nazis, hags and uncle Tom's. NOT ONLY THAT BUT THEY DO IT IN A SEETHING SELF RIGHTEOUS TONE. It actually sounds kind of like Nazi Germany, only it's not Jews getting demonized but anyone who dare criticize a topic that left has designated as a good topic to increase power such as immigration, affirmative action, women's issues and so forth...

If someone disagrees with Obama than they are a racist and klansman. If someone disagrees with wild claims from feminists than they are "misogynists." The liberal contrived PC thought police have turned the U.S. into a phony country where the default position is akin to never ending scenarios that echo the emperor has no clothes. The most recent barrage of PC hypocrisy came the other day when Obama got on the air and said "We're doing all we can to combat the swine flu." Yet he said right before that, that he wouldn't close the border to Mexico with illegal aliens streaming over for medical care. This is EXACTLY the kind of phoniness and doublespeak that will lead to the end of a functioning society. In short, the toxic effects of Political Correctness will be the end of the U.S. as a superpower.
Don't ya love it when the liberals come out and prove your point? Like going fishing and the fish jumping in the boat... :lol:

I've always said liberals are about as predictable as when the sun will rise.

Exhibit A of my point

"You really miss the days when you and your buddies could call blacks "*******", don't ya? "

Exhibit A of my point

"You really miss the days when you and your buddies could call blacks "*******", don't ya? "

I didn't get your OP as whining about Obama so much as bitching about having to be PC. But oh well.

But since you brought up Exhibit A, it is very PC to not call blacks "*******". Are you good with that PC? Are you against being PC on that one too?

Last edited:

Don't ya love it when the liberals come out and prove your point? Like going fishing and the fish jumping in the boat... :lol:

I've always said liberals are about as predictable as when the sun will rise.

How about you, Pale? Are you PC when it comes to not calling blacks "*******"? Come out and prove the point for us liberals

"I hate PC" type posts complaining abut Obama are often disguises for that intent. After all the most fundamental type of PC is you don't call people racist names. Does Dorkazoid have a problem with that? Or when he railed against PC did he not mean all PC but some of it. He didn't condition his complaint as to that.

His argument that "PC" prevents criticism against Obama is bunk. On this forum, Obama is assailed daily for everything from shaking hands to getting a dog improperly. I have only one time in the month I've been here seen that anyone suggested that there was a racist motive to the criticism, in a thread by Sealybobo, and in that thread he was excortiated by conservatives and liberals alike, myself included, for making a baseless assertion. The assertion that "If someone disagrees with Obama than they are a racist and klansman" is utter bunk.

Having said that, and reviewing the thread, I'll agree my response was over the line. I retract it and apologize to Dorkazoid.

You've been here a month. I wasn't posting here a lot, during the election, but many of the people who post here post on other sites I frequented. Believe me when I say that during the election, if you so much as hinted that you were a) of pale skin and b) that you were not going to vote for Barack Obama you could pretty much place a hefty bet on the table that the next post would be declaring you a racist.

That is sad, but true.

Sure, much of it was rhetoric, but there was no place for it.

I didn't vote for President Obama. I did not and made it perfectly clear that I was not voting for either one of the main parties. My stance shielded me from much of the "you're a racist if you are not voting for Obama." But, many people who have always been conservative Republicans to the core whom you would not expect to vote for Obama, were accused of being racist because they stated they were not going to vote for Barack Obama. Most of them are like a lot of the libs... libs who wouldn't vote (R) if you put a gun to their heads and those of whom I speak would not vote (D) if you put a gun to their heads, but by God if they were white and not voting Obama they were racists.

Immie

Last edited:
"But since you brought up Exhibit A, it is very PC to not call blacks "*******". Are you good with that PC? Are you against being PC on that one too? "

It's basic courtesy to not call people names. Yet, by hinting I'm a racist, YOU are guilty of name calling. Of course the unintended irony of your statements is totally lost on you...

"But since you brought up Exhibit A, it is very PC to not call blacks "*******". Are you good with that PC? Are you against being PC on that one too? "

It's basic courtesy to not call people names. Yet, by hinting I'm a racist, YOU are guilty of name calling. Of course the unintended irony of your statements is totally lost on you...

Who are these "blacks" you are talking about ?

You've been here a month. I wasn't posting here a lot, during the election, but many of the people who post here post on other sites I frequented. Believe me when I say that during the election, if you so much as hinted that you were a) of pale skin and b) that you were not going to vote for Barack Obama you could pretty much place a hefty bet on the table that the next post would be declaring you a racist.

That is sad, but true.

I didn't vote for President Obama. I did not and made it perfectly clear that I was not voting for either one of the main parties. My stance shielded me from much of the "you're a racist if you are not voting for Obama." But, many people who have always been conservative Republicans to the core whom you would not expect to vote for Obama, were accused of being racist because they stated they were not going to vote for Barack Obama. Most of them are like a lot of the libs... libs who wouldn't vote (R) if you put a gun to their heads and those of whom I speak would not vote (D) if you put a gun to their heads, but by God if they were white and not voting Obama they were racists.

Immie

i live near san francisco....got that all the time....i would just look at them and say how can i be racist agisnts blacks...obama isn't black.....then just stare at them....

Racial and gender bigotry just isn't as much fun as it used to be, that's for damned sure.

That is sad, but true.

Immie

I'll take your word for it. My experiences were different. During the election I saw a number of posts debating whether race or racism would play a factor, with some positing that racism would play a role in the election -- both for an against Obama. But that is different that calling someone a racist just because they supported another candidate instead of Obama. I saw very little of that.

In any case, the OP was railing about being called a racist by liberals for disagreeing with Obama.

And in reflecting on the validity of the point in the OP, in the last month or three months, or whatever, how many posts have you seen criticizing Obama both personally and for his policies, and in response how many posts by liberals calling the criticizer racist?

It's basic courtesy to not call people names.

So despite your ranting abotu PC, you are PC when it comes to calling people names. Good for you.

Yet, by hinting I'm a racist, YOU are guilty of name calling. Of course the unintended irony of your statements is totally lost on you...

I apologized and retracted my statement. Totally lost on you. Had you clarified you position on PC earlier, the implication of your OP wouldn't have prompted my response, which I admitted was over the line.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back