How Obamas economic recovery stacks up against Reagans

A. Federal income taxes are now the same amount as federal PAYROLL taxes, and local, state taxes and fees have gone way up too- all what the nonrich pay much more of than the rich. You hater dupes are total fools for the greedy idiot rich GOP...

B. Obamacare IS the GOP plan, or at least what they put up whenever Dems wanted single payer. Lying hypocrites as always, dupes...

Unlike Reagan, Obama was not expected to cut Government Spending and balanace the budget while attemting to revive the economy

Of course, Reagan also had a Congress that was not trying to cut his legs out from him

He should never have veto Obama care and come up with a bipartisan health care law, Than we would prolly have a 5% unemploment rate by now and no tea party to speak of.....worse mistake of his presidency. I never could understood why he couldnt have figured it out back then.

Because he was a corporate shill/panderer to the rich/chickenhawk demented ass with a line of BS a mile long?

A. Federal income taxes are now the same amount as federal PAYROLL taxes, and local, state taxes and fees have gone way up too- all what the nonrich pay much more of than the rich. You hater dupes are total fools for the greedy idiot rich GOP...

B. Obamacare IS the GOP plan, or at least what they put up whenever Dems wanted single payer. Lying hypocrites as always, dupes...

So your saying that Dems were against Obamacare when Reps tried it, and that Dems were the party of no, obstructionists and hated poor people, sick people, the youth and liked people going broke due to HC costs.... I'd say I didn't see that coming from you but you actually have a habit of kicking yourself in the mouth.

Unlike Reagan, Obama was not expected to cut Government Spending and balanace the budget while attemting to revive the economy

Of course, Reagan also had a Congress that was not trying to cut his legs out from him

He should never have veto Obama care and come up with a bipartisan health care law, Than we would prolly have a 5% unemploment rate by now and no tea party to speak of.....worse mistake of his presidency. I never could understood why he couldnt have figured it out back then.

Because he was a corporate shill/panderer to the rich/chickenhawk demented ass with a line of BS a mile long?

What does that mean?

WhoTF says Obama averted the depression by accident? the stimulus worked great, but ran out in 2010. The GOP has mindlessly blocked everything since, dupe. The Fed aid is all that the Dems CAN DO. ZZZZZZZZ

And who controlled Congress in Bush's final months? :lmao: Thanks for putting me in a good mood. Getting ready to hit the Subways. Needed the laugh. :)

Bush had a Congress who was willing to work with him to resolve an economic crisis. Unlike Obama who had Republicans in Congress trying to block a recovery

One term president anyone?

I am sorry what? Oh so aside from o'neil that laid down for reagan, pelosi and reid laid down for bush? :lol: wow, keep going I am having quite the laugh here to.....oh and yea they laid down for delay and hastert too, for god sakes they call them the opposition party for a reason.....

rw is a moron.

WhoTF says Obama averted the depression by accident? the stimulus worked great, but ran out in 2010. The GOP has mindlessly blocked everything since, dupe. The Fed aid is all that the Dems CAN DO. ZZZZZZZZ

Show me the vid of Obama pre stimulus ever even talking about the possibility of a depression, or anyone in his admin for that matter.

Oh fuck I fed the hater derp troll.

So your saying that Dems were against Obamacare when Reps tried it, and that Dems were the party of no, obstructionists and hated poor people, sick people, the youth and liked people going broke due to HC costs.... I'd say I didn't see that coming from you but you actually have a habit of kicking yourself in the mouth.

No, dumbazz, I meant what I said. O-care is what Pubs put up as an idea to defeat Dem universal care plans, but when Nixon and Dole (and Obama) wanted it they were against it LOL. Total hypocrites, your heroes.:cuckoo:

How Obama's economic recovery stacks up against Reagan's - The Week

Reagan also had a more favorable climate for bringing down the unemployment rate, as CNN's Charles Riley pointed out:

Reagan had an advantage over Obama: The recession of the early 1980s was caused by runaway inflation, which the Federal Reserve countered by hiking interest rates. When inflation dropped, the Fed lowered rates and a massive economic boom resulted.
The major causes of the recent recession were a banking crisis and housing bubble that exploded during President George W. Bush's final months in office.
Another difference: With comparatively small debt loads, Reagan was able to push through a 23 percent across-the-board cut of individual income tax rates. Obama, meanwhile, entered the presidency with substantial budget deficits and an economy contracting at a rate of 6.7 percent

Let's not forget that Tip O'Neill and the Democrats were actually willing to work with Reagan on many issues unlike the Republican House members today vis-a-vis Obama.

Show me the vid of Obama pre stimulus ever even talking about the possibility of a depression, or anyone in his admin for that matter.

Oh fuck I fed the hater derp troll.
You gotta be kidding lol. WTF do you think the stimulus was for?

No, dumbazz, I meant what I said. O-care is what Pubs put up as an idea to defeat Dem universal care plans, but when Nixon and Dole (and Obama) wanted it they were against it LOL. Total hypocrites, your heroes.:cuckoo:

Then who stopped them?

How Obama's economic recovery stacks up against Reagan's - The Week

Reagan also had a more favorable climate for bringing down the unemployment rate, as CNN's Charles Riley pointed out:

Reagan had an advantage over Obama: The recession of the early 1980s was caused by runaway inflation, which the Federal Reserve countered by hiking interest rates. When inflation dropped, the Fed lowered rates and a massive economic boom resulted.
The major causes of the recent recession were a banking crisis and housing bubble that exploded during President George W. Bush's final months in office.
Another difference: With comparatively small debt loads, Reagan was able to push through a 23 percent across-the-board cut of individual income tax rates. Obama, meanwhile, entered the presidency with substantial budget deficits and an economy contracting at a rate of 6.7 percent

Let's not forget that Tip O'Neill and the Democrats were actually willing to work with Reagan on many issues unlike the Republican House members today vis-a-vis Obama.

And Newt worked with Clinton,.... why is Obama such a jack ass and wont work with the pubs? Get back in the buss and all that other childish talk....

The GOP rank and file members have blocked EVERY universal reform of THEIR health system scam FOREVER duh.

EVERYTHING Obama has proposed has been a compromise to start with...

Here's Obama saying we were in the biggest mess since 1929 and we needed the stimulus..:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7eMcSy8wgc&feature=player_detailpage]"Blame Bush !" says Obama | 1rst Prez Press Conference | IT'S BAD !!! - YouTube[/ame]

duh.

What did Obama do the first 2 years when he had a Democrat controlled congress? Why didn't he do anything then?

That's essentially a fallacy.

What's a fallacy? He had a Democrat controlled congress for 2 yrs. Why didn't he do what he "said" he wanted to do then? Why did he wait and take the chance that Congress would be taken over by Republicans? Was he so sure that Dems would continue to control it so he mistakenly thought he had time?

I think he didn't do anything because he lied and really didn't plan on doing all the great things he promised he would. He knew if Republicans ran Congress that whatever happened, he could blame them.

What did Obama do the first 2 years when he had a Democrat controlled congress? Why didn't he do anything then?

That's essentially a fallacy.

What's a fallacy? He had a Democrat controlled congress for 2 yrs. Why didn't he do what he "said" he wanted to do then? Why did he wait and take the chance that Congress would be taken over by Republicans? Was he so sure that Dems would continue to control it so he mistakenly thought he had time?

I think he didn't do anything because he lied and really didn't plan on doing all the great things he promised he would. He knew if Republicans ran Congress that whatever happened, he could blame them.

Actually there where 200 Pub filibusters in those 2 years, brainwashed dupe. And nobody saw Scott Brown coming- a catastrophe. So 5 months- actually 13 DAYS with 60 votes in session.

Forum List

Back