How much longer should Pelosi keep it shut down to punish Trump?

How much longer should Pelosi use the shutdown to punish Trump?

• 3 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 weeks

• 3 months

• 6 months

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • 12 months

• 18 months

• November 2020

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Forever, to hell with FedZilla

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters
Do you really like the precedent this sets? A Republican won't always be in the Oval Office. You'll be cool with a Democratic President shutting down the government until they get some vanity project of theirs?
It is part of our executive rules of conduct and the president has every right to do so....You watch....Nancy will be forced to back down.....

How much longer should Pelosi use the shutdown to punish Trump?

Immigration Gumballs (6:08)

“Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.” ~ John 10:1

Is the wall a life & death solution or a political tactic to you?

To Nancy Pelosi it is a political tactic.

To US it is a matter of Life & Death.

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

Till at least the next presidential election. This could be their greatest tool by which to sway voters.
That illustrates my point.

You see the wall as a political game piece.

We need to convince you the wall is a matter of life and death.

How is this "punishing" Trump? He's willing to hold out as long as it takes.

:5_1_12024:
The Dems are gambling that the people will stop supporting the Wall as time goes by without the government functioning as it should.

Trumpsters seem to have the memories of Dory from Finding Nemo. So, to refresh ..The Senate, in December, passed a clean spending bill that Pence told them the Orange diaper baby would sign. Maan Coulter and Rush Limpballs didn't like that so they attacked Trump and Trump caved to radio hosts, refusing to sign a clean bill.

When the government reconvened, Trump told Pelosi he wanted a wall or he would be "proud" to shut down the government (also known as extortion or hostage taking). Pelosi refused to negotiate with a hostage taker...which is the official position of America.

Trump: Proud to shut down government over wall - CNN Video
Its even more simple. To many times Repubs were lied to. Other Repubs may have went to their knees and genuflected to Pelosi. Trump doesn't do it. Keep it shut forever. President Trump....stay strong....nothing to lose.

Till at least the next presidential election. This could be their greatest tool by which to sway voters.
That illustrates my point.

You see the wall as a political game piece.

We need to convince you the wall is a matter of life and death.

You don’t need to convince me. Lives and, death, have always been political game pieces...

The Dems are gambling that the people will stop supporting the Wall as time goes by without the government functioning as it should.

They’ll be disappointed...

I thanked your post. But if foodstamps and welfare and Social Security checks stop, a new chapter in this saga begins.

They’ll be disappointed...

I thanked your post. But if foodstamps and welfare and Social Security checks stop, a new chapter in this saga begins.
It’s a chapter I’ve long wanted to see...

Do you really like the precedent this sets? A Republican won't always be in the Oval Office. You'll be cool with a Democratic President shutting down the government until they get some vanity project of theirs?
It is part of our executive rules of conduct and the president has every right to do so....You watch....Nancy will be forced to back down.....

You didn’t answer the question. Trump has shut down the government because Congress won’t give him exactly what he wants. You seem okay with that. Will you still support such actions when it’s a Democratic President doing it?

You didn’t answer the question. Trump has shut down the government because Congress won’t give him exactly what he wants. You seem okay with that. Will you still support such actions when it’s a Democratic President doing it?
Give us back our money for Obamacare and Dodd/Frank to start. A few hundred thousand dollars will be in the negotiating range at the low end. And I am being patriotic.

9AA3E5F0-348D-4B06-A1A8-E3F9BE794D47.jpeg

Forum List

Back