How much does the world's largest magnet weigh?

trevorjohnson83

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2015
Flexi Says: The world's largest and most powerful magnet is the Central Solenoid magnet in the ITER fusion reactor in France. The magnet is 18 meters (59 feet) tall, 4.2 meters (14 feet) wide, and weighs around 90,700 metric tons.

Thought I'd throw out another crazy idea. use this tremendous magnet stationary, and spin copper around it. You would get the same amount of energy as spinning the magnet but a fraction of the weight and fire needed to spin the copper. Using contacts like a electric motor but you wouldn't need the magnets of a motor just the contact idea to collect the electricity.

Flexi Says: The world's largest and most powerful magnet is the Central Solenoid magnet in the ITER fusion reactor in France. The magnet is 18 meters (59 feet) tall, 4.2 meters (14 feet) wide, and weighs around 90,700 metric tons.

Thought I'd throw out another crazy idea. use this tremendous magnet stationary, and spin copper around it. You would get the same amount of energy as spinning the magnet but a fraction of the weight and fire needed to spin the copper. Using contacts like a electric motor but you wouldn't need the magnets of a motor just the contact idea to collect the electricity.

"drop a glass of water on it, no more magnet" trump

the largest magnet on earth is, of course, the earth itself.

"drop a glass of water on it, no more magnet" trump

the largest magnet on earth is, of course, the earth itself.
"Are you so happy to read my post? You're so lucky I used my fingers to type it"
-me or I mean Trump

can't wrap copper around the earth, copper foil hats are off the chart popular with the kids these days.

Not correct. The world's largest and most powerful magnet weighs around 1.1 X 10 ^20th power tons (short tons (US tons).

That is: 110,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons, or 110 quintillion tons.

I am 70 kgs if that helps . Perfect for my height and figure . These last two factors need more notice taken of them .

A big magnet is just boring .
A sexy magnet is very different

How strong is a Tesla magnet?

The typical strength of the Earth's magnetic field at its surface is around a half a gauss. So those are everyday units of magnetic fields. There are 10,000 gauss in one tesla.

So uh were talking some serious gauss here.

How does the strength of the magnet affect an electric generator?

An increase in the overall size of a magnet would correspond with an increase in that magnet's strength (considering the fact that it allows for the alignment of more domains in that magnet). Thus, a larger magnet would result in a higher output current in your generator.

Magnetic field strengths can be measured in units of Tesla (T). The Earth's magnetic field strength is anywhere between 0.000025 and 0.000065 T, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. A strong refrigerator magnet is said to be around 0.01 T.

MRI machines routinely used in hospitals generally have strengths of between 1.5 and 3 T. These are capable of attracting metal chairs and other objects from across rooms.

The Central Solenoid will reach a magnetic field strength of 13 Tesla—hundreds of thousands of times stronger than the Earth's field.

Forum outcast infamous RACIST motivated posting:
'Luiza' - Nazism:

(luiza.86585)

• Pro Jihad child killing.
  • Admitting Jews today are the same ethnicity as Jesus . But often tries to lie about it.
  • Advocates for genocide.
  • Pro Jihad entities use of its children.
  • Promoting Hitler garbage.
  • Spamming the forums with despicable wording.

Gas chambers or Ovens - Nazi Luiza asks?

Exterminating J.

image upload

Against all Jews.

And more...

Today's Jews are as Jesus ethnicity she admits. But racist Luiza still hates via ancient lies canards stereotypes.

Not correct. The world's largest and most powerful magnet weighs around 1.1 X 10 ^20th power tons (short tons (US tons).

That is: 110,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons, or 110 quintillion tons.
You think you could build a copper contact invention better? Maybe use copper ball bearing?

All Brilliant stuff, but still incorrect!

In Layman's terms, the worlds heaviest magnet is the one holding up..... Your mama !

Left side politics and right side are some sort of fascination with the way the mind works and pain can erupt from either side. Focus on your knees wobbling and a clicking sound may come out of the walls after a second.

How many pounds of copper are in a generator?

Starters and generators weigh about 20 to 25 pounds, and alternators weigh about 12 to 15 pounds. Starters, generators, and alternators contain an average of 2.8, 2.6, and 1.5 pounds of copper, respectively. Alternators also contain 3 to 4 pounds of aluminum.

User

You
If you were to spin copper in a tremendous magnetic field, the weight of the copper could be spun much faster then spinning the magnet to induce the same effect. If you build a copper bearing that roles along a circular copper contact path, and a copper bar extends from the middle of the bearing to a horizontal copper bearing in the center of the path that is connected to the copper winding so as to create a loop for AC. The bearing contact setup would be much faster at rotating and possible more efficient as a contact. You could also increase the magnetic field to 15 tesla. If you spun copper 2 lbs of it at 100 feet per second in a field of 15 tesla, how much electricty would you create and how much power would it take to spin the copper?

ChatGPT
The generation of electricity through the rotation of conductive materials in a magnetic field is described by Faraday's law of electromagnetic induction. The induced electromotive force (EMF) is given by the equation:
���=�⋅�⋅�EMF=B⋅v⋅l
where:
  • ���EMF is the induced electromotive force (voltage),
  • �B is the magnetic field strength,
  • �v is the velocity of the conductor in the magnetic field, and
  • �l is the length of the conductor within the magnetic field.
The power generated (�P) can be calculated using the formula:
�=���⋅�P=EMF⋅I
where:
  • �I is the current flowing through the circuit.
To answer your specific question about spinning 2 lbs of copper at 100 feet per second in a magnetic field of 15 tesla, we need more information. Specifically, we need to know the length of the conductor within the magnetic field (�l) and the resistance of the circuit to calculate the current (�I).
Additionally, the power required to spin the copper would depend on the efficiency of the system, including factors such as friction and losses in the bearings. This would require detailed knowledge of the mechanical aspects of the setup.
If you can provide the missing information or specify a hypothetical length of the conductor and resistance, I can assist you further in the calculations.

User

You
can you fill in those numbers yourself based on a realistic estimate?

ChatGPT
Certainly, let's make some assumptions for a hypothetical scenario. Keep in mind that these are approximations, and real-world values may vary.
Assumptions:
  • Length of the conductor (�l): Let's assume a relatively short length of 1 meter (approximately 3.28 feet).
  • Magnetic field strength (�B): Given as 15 tesla.
  • Velocity of the conductor (�v): 100 feet per second, which is approximately 30.48 meters per second.
  • Resistance of the circuit: For simplicity, let's assume a low resistance of 0.1 ohms.
Calculations:
  1. Calculate the induced electromotive force (EMF) using the formula ���=�⋅�⋅�EMF=B⋅v⋅l:
���=15 tesla⋅30.48 m/s⋅1 mEMF=15tesla⋅30.48m/s⋅1m
���≈457.2 voltsEMF≈457.2volts
  1. Calculate the power generated (�P) using the formula �=���⋅�P=EMF⋅I. Since �=����I=REMF (Ohm's Law), we can substitute this into the power formula:
�=���⋅����P=EMF⋅REMF
�=���2�P=REMF2
�=(457.2 V)20.1 ohmsP=0.1ohms(457.2V)2
�≈210,314.32 wattsP≈210,314.32watts
Keep in mind that this is a simplified calculation, and actual power generation would be influenced by various factors, including losses due to resistance, mechanical inefficiencies, and other practical considerations.

User

You
is that the number of watts per minute?

ChatGPT
No, the unit of power (watts) is already a rate, representing joules per second. So, the result of approximately 210,314.32 watts is the power generated per second. If you want to express it over a minute, you can multiply by 60 (the number of seconds in a minute):
210,314.32 watts/second×60 seconds/minute≈12,618,859.2 watts/minute210,314.32watts/second×60seconds/minute≈12,618,859.2watts/minute
So, the power generated would be approximately 12,618,859.2 watts per minute.