How much do we CARE about REP at USMB?

HOW much do I CARE about REP at USMB?

• OFF the charts.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than Publius Infinity!

• More than I care about ANY other topic of conversation at USMB.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shouldn't more than life itself be choice #1?

Credit where credit is due.

That appears, on the surface, to be a pretty damn fine logical question.

But in the context of this topic, I wonder if maybe the fact that it ISN'T at the number 1 spot might be a kind of a 'tell."

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs - after satisfying their physical needs and safety and security, they start to think about self esteem and the esteem of others. People sign on here for varous reasons, but my guess is trying to get the respect of at least some of us is up there on the list of priorities. So - rep count means something; even the guys with a bunch of red splotches probably consider it a badge of honor.

OK. But once I became fully self actualized, I started caring a bit less.

:D

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs - after satisfying their physical needs and safety and security, they start to think about self esteem and the esteem of others. People sign on here for varous reasons, but my guess is trying to get the respect of at least some of us is up there on the list of priorities. So - rep count means something; even the guys with a bunch of red splotches probably consider it a badge of honor.

Not sure, but don't you start sliding back down the pyramid if you start caring a little less? You can't be actualized if you don't give a shit.

I don't give it any thought except when I agree strongly with someone else. I give them pos rep because I figure they probably appreciate it. It shows them that i appreciated their input. I don't much care about mine, and I never neg rep.

Not sure, but don't you start sliding back down the pyramid if you start caring a little less? You can't be actualized if you don't give a shit.

Ah. Maslow was high.

In any event, I said "care less" not that I don't care at all. :D

Ah. Maslow was high.

In any event, I said "care less" not that I don't care at all. :D

Backsliding, backsliding. Argumentative, rationalizing, projection, delusional. I think you're back down to level 3, self-actualization is just a distant memory.

Forum List

Back