4 NYC Beachgoers stuck by needles at beach

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Read the comments, they're hilarious!

"
Four people walking or playing on New York City beaches have suffered puncture wounds from needles in the sand in the last three weeks, park officials said.
In the most recent incident, a lifeguard on duty at Rockaway Beach stepped on a needle at Beach 139th Street Tuesday afternoon, officials said.
The other three people were wounded over the last three weeks on Staten Island. On July 16, a 63-year-old woman stepped on a hypodermic needle on Cedar Grove Beach, cutting her foot. On July 14, a 37-year-old man was stuck in the hand by a needle while he was on the sand at South Beach, near Father Capodanno Boulevard and Sand Lane. And on July 4, a 40-year-old man was stuck by a needle at South Beach.
All three beachgoers were taken to Staten Island University Hospital North."

4 NYC Beachgoers Stuck by Needles in Sand | NBC New York

"
Four people walking or playing on New York City beaches have suffered puncture wounds from needles in the sand in the last three weeks, park officials said.
In the most recent incident, a lifeguard on duty at Rockaway Beach stepped on a needle at Beach 139th Street Tuesday afternoon, officials said.
The other three people were wounded over the last three weeks on Staten Island. On July 16, a 63-year-old woman stepped on a hypodermic needle on Cedar Grove Beach, cutting her foot. On July 14, a 37-year-old man was stuck in the hand by a needle while he was on the sand at South Beach, near Father Capodanno Boulevard and Sand Lane. And on July 4, a 40-year-old man was stuck by a needle at South Beach.

Know why we call it Satan Island?

Makes sense, lol.

I thought you were actually asking...

never mind.

Last edited:
Read the comments! One of the comments is that it's unlikely it's from druggies, but is more likely to be medical waste washing up.

Read the comments! One of the comments is that it's unlikely it's from druggies, but is more likely to be medical waste washing up.

Because it is.

Not that I'm defending this, but the chances of any blood borne pathogen still being active in a needle that washed ashore is slim to none.

Yeah but you'd still get tested, just because you DON'T know for sure where it comes from.

"

What the hell were they doing walking barefoot? Doesn't anyone take personal responsibility for their actions anymore?

one guy was stuck in the hand. I'd say he wasn't walking at all.

Having had the unfortunate displeasure of knowing a junkie or two in my life, I have to agree with you. The kind of junkie that would be shooting up on a beach is the kind of junkie who is homeless - and the kind of junkie who is homeless is going to reuse needles and losing one on the beach will mean just that much less heroin he can buy.

"Why doesn't the mayor just ban needles" says one enlightened individual. Umm...yeah. Not much to say about that one.

It doesn't matter where these needles came from, or whether they are free from diseases, these people still face a long wait for their test results. I wouldn't want to be in their position.

It was a comment making fun of the mayor, who is on a banning kick. Think about it. It's probably best you don't say much until you do.

Forum List

Back