How many times does the question need to be asked.......

You know this quitter BS is getting almost as old as blaming Bush for everything. Governor palin quit for the good of the State. because over 20 different idiots or groups had her spending so much of her time and money defending herself against BS lawsuits that she couldn't take care of her job. So she did what was best for her state.

You know that is fact because you cannot be that stupid. So drop the quitter BS.

Only Palin knows what the facts are. The rest of us are left to make our own judgments.

I fail to see how leaving the state in a lurch 1/2 way through her term was in the best interest of the state or her supporters. However, I have always been at a total loss to understand your side's cognitive dissonance on defending Palin.

Even if the facts are 100% as you maintain them, which I doubt, it simply demonstrates that Palin lacked the intestinal fortitude to whether the political climate in Anchorage.

And you guys want to send her to Washington?

At her core, Palin fundamentally lacks the mental toughness to be a leader. She fails to accept responsibility for any of her failings and chooses to whine about conspiracies.

That doesn't pass muster, and you know it.

Finally, I will certainly not stop pointing out the fact that Palin is a quitter, no matter how much you guys wish otherwise.

I don't like fucking quitters.

Look it up. She spend hundreds of thousands of dollars defending herself in court. Over 20 different lawsuits. You think you can do better, with a new child and all the pressure from the media? By the way all but 2 of the lawsuits ended up being dismissed. And the other 2 I forget what happened to them. But they were all frivolous BS cases. And now Alaska is changing it's laws so this situation cannot happen again. And no Mrs Palin did not ask for any of the changes and no they won't be Grandfathered to help her.

Yeah its all the truth. You would have quit too if you actually give a shit.

It WAS partly Clinton's fault. He's even admitted it, end of story!

So. If I would have blamed my predecessor (who was completely jacked up) for a failing I had as a platoon leader nine months after taking over, do you think it would have flown?

You guys sound pathetically desperate in your attempts to shield Bush from being the man in charge.

I'll certainly accept that 9-11 was an event years in the making and Clinton has a degree of culpability. I am most certainly not going to accept that Bush has zero.

Assuming you are correct, at least Pres. Bush learned from it, and put in safeguard that protected the country for 7 years.

If you use your convenient sliding scale and ignore all the other things (like the shoe bomber).

Saving your state from having their governor reduced to lame duck status = A woman who truly cared about her state and its citizens.

Ya' can't argue with her approval ratings before and after the resignation!

Now, hopefully Obama will do what's right for this great country and its citizens, and resign forthwit!

Like I said: "cognitive dissonance".

You can make excuses for poor Sarah if you like. We both know the truth; she wasn't tough enough to hack it. It wasn't an altruistic act. She just was smart enough to cash in on her fame while it lasted (see, a complement).

I doubt Obama will resign. While you may despise him, he's not mentally weak like Sarah.
Yeah, she's kicking your boys ass. I totally understand your fear!

Obama's not mentally weak?

Tell that to our troops in 'stan who were continuing to die in record numbers while that dumbass sat on his hands unable to make a fucking decision.

It's pretty sad when your top ground commander goes on an interview show and admits that the president wasn't communicating with him.

Pretty sad that our SOD had to make his case before the american people, because his CIC couldn't make a fucking decision!

Obama's a disaster!

Look it up. She spend hundreds of thousands of dollars defending herself in court. Over 20 different lawsuits. You think you can do better, with a new child and all the pressure from the media? By the way all but 2 of the lawsuits ended up being dismissed. And the other 2 I forget what happened to them. But they were all frivolous BS cases. And now Alaska is changing it's laws so this situation cannot happen again. And no Mrs Palin did not ask for any of the changes and no they won't be Grandfathered to help her.

Wow, so in this country, an elected official, and the will of the people, can effectively be removed from office due to simple nuisance suits?

I don't think so.

In this instance, the only person who had the power to remove Palin from office was Palin.

What I find fascinating about this, is you guys apparently think it would have been so much more peaceful up in Washington. Anchorage was too tough for poor Sarah, but you guys seem to think she deserved to be the #2 person in this country?

Does not compute.

If I "actually gave a shit", I would go into politics. In doing so, I would realize that I was entering a rough and tumble world that required being tough. I have my doubts in that situation much of anything would have enticed me to quit.

If anything, I'd have stayed in office as a simple "fuck you" to my enemies.

But maybe you guys are right. Maybe she did do it for the people of Alaska, because she is doing so much for them right now.

[

If you say so. Maybe Sarah will "facebook" her way to the top.

Tell that to our troops in 'stan who were continuing to die in record numbers while that dumbass sat on his hands unable to make a fucking decision.

It's pretty sad when your top ground commander goes on an interview show and admits that the president wasn't communicating with him.

Pretty sad that our SOD had to make his case before the american people, because his CIC couldn't make a fucking decision!

Obama's a disaster!

I get that you don't like Obama. I feel the exact same way about Bush.

You see, in the end it's a matter of personal opinion.

[

If you say so. Maybe Sarah will "facebook" her way to the top.

Obama's a disaster!

I get that you don't like Obama. I feel the exact same way about Bush.

You see, in the end it's a matter of personal opinion.

By the way, just to once again set the record straight. I did not vote FOR McCain and Palin. I voted against Obama and Biden.

Wow, so in this country, an elected official, and the will of the people, can effectively be removed from office due to simple nuisance suits?

I don't think so.

In this instance, the only person who had the power to remove Palin from office was Palin.

What I find fascinating about this, is you guys apparently think it would have been so much more peaceful up in Washington. Anchorage was too tough for poor Sarah, but you guys seem to think she deserved to be the #2 person in this country?

Does not compute.

If I "actually gave a shit", I would go into politics. In doing so, I would realize that I was entering a rough and tumble world that required being tough. I have my doubts in that situation much of anything would have enticed me to quit.

If anything, I'd have stayed in office as a simple "fuck you" to my enemies.

But maybe you guys are right. Maybe she did do it for the people of Alaska, because she is doing so much for them right now.
So, tell us of your vast experience at trying to do your job, all while defending yourself against 20 friggin' frivolous lawsuits. Not to mention the drain on your personal finances.

You guys seemed to think that Obama deserved to be #1 based on ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

And we're now seeing the disaster that has turned out to be.

One thing is for sure, she sure as hell couldn't have done any worse then that moron!

So, tell us of your vast experience at trying to do your job, all while defending yourself against 20 friggin' frivolous lawsuits. Not to mention the drain on your personal finances.

You guys seemed to think that Obama deserved to be #1 based on ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

And we're now seeing the disaster that has turned out to be.

One thing is for sure, she sure as hell couldn't have done any worse then that moron!

My basic point still stands and is irrefutable:

Palin couldn't hack Anchorage and you guys, somehow and someway, think she deserves the keys to the kingdom.

BTW, does anyone have any proof that these lawsuits personally cost the Palin family any money? As a state employee, Palin would have a degree of sovereign immunity and the state would be obligated to defend her in most circumstances.

I suppose we will never know how Sarah would have done. Her political career is over. You guys might give her the benefit of the doubt, but the rest of the country is going to wonder why they should vote for a quitter.

And I didn't vote for Kerry/Edwards, I voted against Junior and Dick Vader.......

I didn't vote for either.

I tried that in 2000. I wrote "Harry Truman" in.

That didn't turn out so well for me.

He didn't win?

Actually, I made a strategic/protest decision and voted for Badnarik. Bush was going to win Georgia hands down, so obviously my state wasn't in play at all. But I wanted to send a message to the GOP in my own teeny-tiny-infinitesimally small way that I wasn't going to put up with their shit anymore, and they needed to move back towards true conservatism.

He didn't start any more liberal-type-we-gotta-get-rid-of-bad-people-in-the-world-cuz-they're-just-baaaaaad-people wars, so I like to think that the message I sent Bush was partially received. Either that or he ran out of countries that we could get away with actually invading. I dunno which.

I didn't vote for either.

He didn't win?

Actually, I made a strategic/protest decision and voted for Badnarik. Bush was going to win Georgia hands down, so obviously my state wasn't in play at all. But I wanted to send a message to the GOP in my own teeny-tiny-infinitesimally small way that I wasn't going to put up with their shit anymore, and they needed to move back towards true conservatism.

He didn't start any more liberal-type-we-gotta-get-rid-of-bad-people-in-the-world-cuz-they're-just-baaaaaad-people wars, so I like to think that the message I sent Bush was partially received. Either that or he ran out of countries that we could get away with actually invading. I dunno which.

I'd go with the latter.

But yeah, I was too pissed at Clinton for the Lewinsky thing to vote for Gore. Maybe not fair, but there you have it.

Lesson learned.

What if 50,000,000 other people also voted for "Harry Truman"?

Would they round up all of the "Harry Trumans" in the United States and have a run-off election between all of those Harry Trumans who wanted the job?

What if 50,000,000 other people also voted for "Harry Truman"?

Would they round up all of the "Harry Trumans" in the United States and have a run-off election between all of those Harry Trumans who wanted the job?

He couldn't do a worse job than W.

before even ONE Obama supporter can answer it HONESTLY, without their usual spin and deflection?

So, i'll ask again. Given that the Obama supporters are bashing Palin so fervently:

Please give us that LOOOOOONG list of Obama qualifications that might have aided him in effectively running this great country, instead of pissing it down the toilet as we are ALL now seeing him do?

Seriously, was he ever a mayor, governor. Did he actually have a viable record in his 100+ days in the senate. Has he EVER run anything in his life?
I answered this already

So, why aren't ANY of those qualifications helping him to effectively run this great country, RW?
Afraid they are my friend.

President Obama took office in the middle of an economy on the brink of Depression. He quickly invoked TARP and stimulus legislation to reverse an economic collapse and lead the US towards economic recovery

Palin sold some books
Right... that's why his projected deficit to GDP for the next 8 years is greater than anything in recent memory.

Even the wetbacks are bailing, the economy is so bad.

I never thought I'd say this, but,

here

maybe Glenn Beck can explain it to you

esident Obama is a lot of things — smart, accomplished, married to a woman with great arms — but he's as fiscally responsible as a "Real Housewife of Orange County" at a Louis Vuitton sample sale. When you look back in history, who do you think of when you think of huge government programs? FDR, right? Let me show you FDR's spending compared to our GDP — high single digits, occasionally getting up to low double digits.
OK, well what is President Obama planning to spend? Take a look.
How is this sustainable? Forget sustainable; how is this sensible? How is this not suicidal?
I can hear his defenders now: "No! Bush is the one responsible! It's his fault!"
Is it? Let's look at the facts for a second. How much debt have the past couple of presidents racked up?
Bill Clinton through his eight years ran up an average of 0.8 percent of GDP in deficit per year. Is that good? Well, not in any context other than government. If your company was losing money like this, you'd be thinking about blowing management out. If your household was losing money like this, you'd be getting an extra job and cancelling the cell phone and pay channels. But in politics, Clinton looks like the most fiscally responsible man in the universe.
(Of course, this was mainly because of the yet to be discovered Internet bubble and the yet to be discovered financial scandals. But honestly, if you want to believe it was because of his magical policies, that's fine with me for the moment.)
Now, let's look at Bush. Here is his number for eight years: 2 percent per year on average. Is that bad? Yes, it sure is. But I can hear those on the left saying: "Well, 2009 was Bush's fault — not Obama's!"
OK, I'm in a giving mood. Let's blame everything from 2009 on Bush. That raises his average to 2.7 percent. We can all agree that this number is unacceptable. Right?
So what about President Obama? Surely, the man who spends all of his time criticizing the last administration must be creating less debt than that irresponsible President Bush did during his presidency, right?
Nope. The average debt in a theoretical eight-year Obama presidency is: 5.9 percent. Remember, this is based on President Obama's budget numbers, not Glenn Beck's crazy opinion.
But hey, that's not fair. We need to eliminate 2009 out of Obama's score because we already gave that to President Bush. Fair enough. (I could mention at this point that Obama voted for TARP, so he's at least partially responsible for that debt too, but that's another story for another day.) If we delete 2009 from the Obama score, it lowers all the way to 5.5 percent — still more than double Bush's average.
But I'm feeling incredibly generous today. Let's just eliminate the debt from 2009 and 2010 from Obama's score. That brings him way down to 4.7 percent.
But hey, only eliminating the entire first half of the first term of his presidency is isn't enough — that must all be Bush's fault too. So let's take away the first three years of the Obama presidency and see what we have: 4.1 percent.
Remember, that's still double what Bush actually did in his eight years in office.
But maybe I'm still being too tough on Obama. Maybe I need to go further than giving him an Immunity Tiki for three quarters of the time he was elected for. Let's go to the most crazy extreme any of us can think of: Let's just look at the best year of Obama's theoretical eight-year presidency. This is as good as it gets, even if he gets elected for two full terms — as optimistic as Obama can bring himself to be, the most hopeful side of hop — 3.6 percent. This — again — is according to Obama's own budget.
Think about that for a second: Even if we give Bush full credit for a disastrous year that he wasn't even in office and for good measure add in Bill Clinton for no reason, their combined total is still less than Obama's best year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saving your state from having their governor reduced to lame duck status = A woman who truly cared about her state and its citizens.

Ya' can't argue with her approval ratings before and after the resignation!

Now, hopefully Obama will do what's right for this great country and its citizens, and resign forthwit!

Every governor with term limits becomes a lame duck in their last term genius. As does every president.

I would argue that Palin is more qualified to be President than this current President is. He barely showed up during his short time in Congress and was a failed "Community Organizer." I give the edge to Palin for sure.

Forum List

Back