How many people has Sig Sauer bribed?

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
The last time one company had the contract for every single weapon, the company was the US Government themselves. Sig has just gotten the contract for the PDW for Special Operations Command.

That means that Sig has the contract for the Handgun, the NGSW or Next Gen Squad Weapon, the new Machine Guns, and now the PDW’s. Other than shotguns, it means that Sig is providing everything that launches something else that can do harm this side of a Stapler.

I find it hard to believe that they’re the best company in the world. I’ve fired a Sig pistol. It was OK. But it wasn’t like head and shoulders above anything else. I ended up buying a Glock 17. I also liked the Beretta better than the Sig.

I haven’t fired the sig rifles. I prefer Ruger but that is my preference. So I may be wrong, but from here, it seems like Sig is getting a lot of contracts which seems suspicious. So how many people did Sig bribe to get all these contracts? Or is the Swiss Company the only people in the world able to design and make guns?

SOCOM has always picked their own weapons. The NGSW is a long, drawn out thing. A 10-year, $20 Mn contract for weapons and ammo for testing? Really? So maybe they will be issued to the next generation of US troops?

I've always been a big fan of the classic Sig pistols. 220, 226 series etc. Great ergonomics, they point naturally for me, and I like that you can carry one in the pipe without a mechanical safety. Glocks just feel too chunky in my hand- like I'm grabbing a 2x4. I have to adjust my grip or the shot will pull.

Glocks have an advantage in there is no DA/SA transition to get used to, but you can get Sigs in DAO if that's a problem.

Berettas are great, that big open ejection port virtually eliminates stovepiping even if you "limp-wrist" it. My pocket pistol is an 84FS.

The last time one company had the contract for every single weapon, the company was the US Government themselves.

Actually, for decades the main arms maker was Colt.

Oh, and the NGSW is not a "weapon", it is a program. Sig is one of many weapons considered, including those made by Beretta, Fabriqe Nationale, Textron, and General Dynamics. The previous main company involved in military small arms was Colt, but they left that years ago after they went bankrupt (and is now owned by a Czech conglomerate).

The simple fact is, most of the "classic arms companies" in the US are now out of that business. Browning is out, and now part of the FN conglomerate. Barrett still does some weapons, but they did not win the NGSW competition. S&W did not even try to bid, the company is a shell of what it was decades ago. Winchester is also part of the FN conglomerate, just as Browning is. So technically, the FN bid could also be considered to be a Browning-Winchester bid.

Not unlike for military jets, there are really only a few companies that can even handle this kind of work. So hearing that one of 3 companies won a contract is about as shocking as hearing that Boeing-Lockheed-Northrup won a jet contract.

Forum List

Back