SIG Sauer Won Next Gen Army Contract

Like I said, out of my price range......... Currently the top of my range is $400 which is down from $600.

1650663787184.png

Not enough capacity would be my only complaint.
My FNX .45 holds 16 rounds with one in the pipe.
I’m mot saying the old Colt was ideal

The single action and single stack magazine were not ideal

yet the .45 auto round was a close range stopper

And the weapon was made in America

I’m mot saying the old Colt was ideal

The single action and single stack magazine were not ideal

yet the .45 auto round was a close range stopper

And the weapon was made in America

The FNX .45 is made in South Carolina.
And of course it's a .45 auto round as well.
Dont get me wrong,I like the 1911 for its history but there are far better .45's out there these days.

The FNX .45 is made in South Carolina.
And of course it's a .45 auto round as well.
Dont get me wrong,I like the 1911 for its history but there are far better .45's out there these days.
My point is that the Army has been choosing 9mm and none of them hit
as hard as the .45

I can agree with that.
I dont even have a 9mm. You here all kinds of reasons they went with the 9mm. from ammo capacity to females not being able to handle the recoil of the .45
And to be compatible with NATO

The selection of the round has everything to do with ballistic performance and armor piercing.

The battle between firepower and armor has been going on forever. Every update results in new research for the other. In other words. You design a round that penetrates the armor, and someone else designs new armor to stop the round. Research begins to design a round that penetrates the new armor. Rinse and repeat.

Now this has entered the infantry field. Modern battle armor is able to stop the standard rounds. So steel tip penetrators are used. And the armor is increased to stop it. Now we are going with a bigger heavier and faster round.

New armor is almost certainly being developed to stop this miracle round. In ten years we will hear how obsolete this rifle and ammo is.

Forum List

Back