How many of you liberals even know what a felony is?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Felony - any crime where the maximum incarceration is a year or more in prison

Misdemeanor - any crime where the maximum incarceration is less than a year

Violation - any crime punishable only by a fine. No incarceration

So as you can see, it takes very little to qualify as a felony. Pete Rose and Martha Stewart are felons! Thousands of other felons in america committed a crime so minor they got straight probation with no prison time. This liberal idea of denying constitutional rights to felons needs to be re-examined.

• Banned
Laws denying RKBA to felons are also racist since so many blacks have BS felonies for mere drug possession. Only drug crime that should be a felony is drunk driving but whites do that so they get misdemeanors!

One thing is sure that there are more sissies in the left wing who don't know the difference between a shotgun and a shot glass.

So as you can see, it takes very little to qualify as a felony. Pete Rose and Martha Stewart are felons! Thousands of other felons in america committed a crime so minor they got straight probation with no prison time. This liberal idea of denying constitutional rights to felons needs to be re-examined.

That's not true. At least not in Pennsylvania. You can be incarcerated for a Misdemeanor of the 1st degree for a maximum 5 years, a M2 for 2 years, and a M3 for 1 year.

Felonies of the 3rd start with a maximum of 7 years, F2 a maximum of 10, and F1 10+

It's the legislator that determines what charge is what grading.

To pretend as if it's the same throughout the nation isn't correct. Each state has a different grading and punishment system.

You are right that it doesn't take much to commit a felony. That doesn't mean the incarceration time has anything to do with that.

Last edited:
Laws denying RKBA to felons are also racist since so many blacks have BS felonies for mere drug possession. Only drug crime that should be a felony is drunk driving but whites do that so they get misdemeanors!

That is a completely ridiculous statement.

I'm around felons every day in the prison I teach in. It's amazing the motherfuckers who get sent back to prison because they violated their parole. I talked to a kid today who got sent back for a year because he was caught with one pill. Probably a lie. Still, our justice system is NOT a justice system - it's a legal system for $$$$$$$$. And no, I'm not a liberal - that's just the truth.

• Banned
[
That's not true. At least not in Pennsylvania. You can be incarcerated for a Misdemeanor of the 1st degree for a maximum 5 years, a M2 for 2 years, and a M3 for 1 year.

Felonies of the 3rd start with a maximu of 7 years, F2 a maximum of 10, and F1 10+

It's the legislator that determines what charge is what grading.

To pretend as if it's the same throughout the nation isn't correct. Each state has a different grading and punishment system.

You are right that it doesn't take much to commit a felony. That doesn't mean the incarceration time has anything to do with that.

You are a legal ignoramus. I never said incarceration time determines the crime classification. I said POTENTIAL incarceration time determines it. It's based on the maximum time you COULD have received, not what you actually got. You mentioned some state exceptions to the rules i listed but the feds do not recognize any of them. If you could have received a year or more for your crime, then you're a felon and the feds say no guns.

• Banned
[

I'm around felons every day in the prison I teach in. It's amazing the motherfuckers who get sent back to prison because they violated their parole. I talked to a kid today who got sent back for a year because he was caught with one pill. Probably a lie. Still, our justice system is NOT a justice system - it's a legal system for $$$$$$$$. And no, I'm not a liberal - that's just the truth.

It doesn't take much for a parole violation. If you just leave the state for a few hours that may be enough. And if someone simply accuses you of something and your PO agrees with him or her, that may be enough. You don't get a trial on a parole violation charge.

HAHAHA. I love how when the loonies don't understand a statement, they call it ridiculous.

You are a legal ignoramus. I never said incarceration time determines the crime classification. I said POTENTIAL incarceration time determines it. It's based on the maximum time you COULD have received, not what you actually got. You mentioned some state exceptions to the rules i listed but the feds do not recognize any of them. If you could have received a year or more for your crime, then you're a felon and the feds say no guns.

Yes I know the law, therefore I am a legal ignoramus. I suppose I should tell all the clients whose cases I won and got out of jail that I had no clue what I was talking about. Im sure it would surprise them.

Doesn't change the fact that potential incarceration time doesn't determine jack, the legislature does.

[

It doesn't take much for a parole violation. If you just leave the state for a few hours that may be enough. And if someone simply accuses you of something and your PO agrees with him or her, that may be enough. You don't get a trial on a parole violation charge.

No you get a hearing where you can dispute the violation.

HAHAHA. I love how when the loonies don't understand a statement, they call it ridiculous.

You never claimed anything was ridiculous.

Prison is strictly for punishment rather than rehabilitation. As for those who have served their time, it is nearly impossible for them to find a job once they do get out. Employers just don't want to hire them, so they end up getting into trouble again. This is why we see so many who go in and out of prison for their entire lives. It's a shame, because most of these people could be productive citizens and have meaningful lives.

Well, I haven't personally experienced the wrong side of the law to gain the experience you have. :eusa_whistle:

Especially considering DWI is a felony in several states.

Which should prevent him or her from getting a CC permit. If they don't have enough good judgement to not drive drunk then they don't have enough to carry a deadly weapon.

No you get a hearing where you can dispute the violation.

Hearing?? That is not a trial you nitwit. Not even close.

Who said Democrats wanted deny rights to felons? Wasn't it Jeb Bush who wrongfully put millions on a felons list thus denying them the right to vote and giving the election to Dumbya.

FYI it's a felony to shoot speeders.

Forum List

Back