How many mosques were in the region called Palestine around 1900?

palestine-1878-1927-map.jpg

Thanks. No confirmation of any mosques.

What are you trying to say. I honestly don't get it, but hope this helps...

Mosques مساجد

Interesting pictures in your link. Many were not of mosques, and the ones that were were repeated many, many times. I counted maybe 7-8 separate ones that may date back to around the year 1900.

As for "what am I trying so say", I think it is a very valid question to ask since it would be a very good indicator for the actual amount of permanent Muslim Arab population present; since it is always said that there were far more Muslim Arabs than Jews. But at this point, we all understand all too well why you "honestly don't get it". Because you are not capable of honest intellectual thought.

Year

Jews Muslims Christians Total
1806 2,000 4,000 2,774 8,774
1815 4,000-5,000 ? ? 26,000
1817 3,000-4,000 13,000 3,250 19,750
1821 0 >4,000 0 8,000
1824 6,000 10,000 4,000 20,000
1832 4,000 13,000 3,560 20,560

Off topic. No mosques and decades before the time frame in question.

How many Christian churches were there in America in 1900?

Off topic. If you want to know that, ask in another section.
Hi Teddy.......It's like this when I am confronted by inaccuracy...(much like your population figures #26) deems that I have to comment,like your sides outrageous Zionista statements...Zionism was built on a LIE by an Athiest Jew and is A LIE TODAY,......you are an intelligent bloke Teddy and a nice man,but faith is often NOT Reality .....steve

Last edited:
How many Christian churches were there in America in 1900?

Off topic. If you want to know that, ask in another section.

It's actually on topic; the whole subject depends on someone bothering to research how many churches there are in America or fot that matter in any other country. In England, for example, we have such people and according to their latest figures there are 50,700 churches servicing a church-going population of 5,515,000 out of 54,786,300 people; roughly 10% can be bothered to go to church every Sunday and this number is declining.

Anyway I digress, fortunately the Zionist Hagana kept meticulous records and in answer to your question there were 164 mosques in rural Palestine, and 51 in the various cities, making a total of 215. According to the Hagana village files.

Happy now?

As you are that fascinated about the subject, how many synagogues were there in Palestine in 1900?

Again, off topic. Where are the mosques? And I would have to venture to say that calling some of these "Mixed towns" is one heck of a stretch. Haifa and Jaffa yes, but Tiberias and Safed? Hardly.

Like the mosque of Tiberius, before the Spanish Jews (during the Spanish Inquisition around 1400 AD) arrived and the town was 100% Muslim and Christian?

062_Mosque_of_Tiberias,_Tubariyeh.jpg

".............Sephardic Jews settled in Tiberias. In fact, when the Holy Land was under Ottoman rule, Dona Gracia Nasi, a Sephardic Jewish woman, arranged with Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent to have a Jewish province in Tiberias, which would serve as a safe haven for Jews fleeing the Spanish Inquisition. Some historians believe that this was an early effort to re-establish Jewish statehood. The community was somewhat successful for a period of time. Unfortunately, about one hundred years later, Tiberias was abandoned by the Jewish community due to fighting between the Jews of Tiberias and the local Bedouin population.,,,,,,,,,,,"

From a Jewish source no less. LOL

http://www.jewishpress.com/blogs/united-with-israel/the-rich-jewish-history-of-tiberias/2013/06/12/

What are you trying to say. I honestly don't get it, but hope this helps...

Mosques مساجد

Interesting pictures in your link. Many were not of mosques, and the ones that were were repeated many, many times. I counted maybe 7-8 separate ones that may date back to around the year 1900.

As for "what am I trying so say", I think it is a very valid question to ask since it would be a very good indicator for the actual amount of permanent Muslim Arab population present; since it is always said that there were far more Muslim Arabs than Jews. But at this point, we all understand all too well why you "honestly don't get it". Because you are not capable of honest intellectual thought.
The thread and you curiosity should have been done here...

palestine-1878-1927-map.jpg

Hi Teddy.......It's like this when I am confronted by inaccuracy...(much like your population figures #26) deems that I have to comment,like your sides outrageous Zionista statements...Zionism was built on a LIE by an Athiest Jew and is A LIE TODAY,......you are an intelligent bloke Teddy and a nice man,but faith is often NOT Reality .....steve

Steve, now I know why they tell you to back off from the whiskey sometimes, lol. Just kidding. I think you meant to quote a different post in this one of yours. Why? Because post #26 is not mine, so they are not my "population figures".

Just sayin'

Anyway I digress, fortunately the Zionist Hagana kept meticulous records and in answer to your question there were 164 mosques in rural Palestine, and 51 in the various cities, making a total of 215. According to the Hagana village files.

Happy now?

As you are that fascinated about the subject, how many synagogues were there in Palestine in 1900?
If the title of this thread were to ask how many churches were in America around 1900, it would have been so. And in a different section of this board, of course.

However, thank you very much for the further information that I did include in the quote. I ask, and not in a confrontational manner but seriously, do you have a link to those Hagana records?

With my research of nearby Muslim Arab countries, it seems as though there could be one mosque for almost every 1,000 Muslims(?). Strange but that's what I'm finding:

As of March 2013, there were 82,693 mosques in Turkey.

And the population of Turkey was around 74.93 million as of 2013.

Links:List of mosques in Turkey - Wikipedia
population of turkey - Google Search

So with your information, it could be statistically inferred that there were around 215,000 Muslim Arabs in the area known as Palestine in 1900, and not the 432,000-535,000 that has been claimed, at least here:

Demographic history of Palestine (region) - Wikipedia

Leading me to believe that there is some sort of 'reverse' "Hasbara" going on with some of the sources that have been so often posted on this board.

As for how many synagogues, again not what I'm asking in this thread, but perhaps I'll look into it.

The thread and you curiosity should have been done here...
Not going to waste the board's bandwidth by including your picture again. But again, there are NO MOSQUES shown in that picture.

Light as a feather you are, light as a feather.

Happy now?

If the title of this thread were to ask how many churches were in America around 1900, it would have been so. And in a different section of this board, of course.

However, thank you very much for the further information that I did include in the quote. I ask, and not in a confrontational manner but seriously, do you have a link to those Hagana records?

With my research of nearby Muslim Arab countries, it seems as though there could be one mosque for almost every 1,000 Muslims(?). Strange but that's what I'm finding:

As of March 2013, there were 82,693 mosques in Turkey.

And the population of Turkey was around 74.93 million as of 2013.

Links:List of mosques in Turkey - Wikipedia
population of turkey - Google Search

So with your information, it could be statistically inferred that there were around 215,000 Muslim Arabs in the area known as Palestine in 1900, and not the 432,000-535,000 that has been claimed, at least here:

Demographic history of Palestine (region) - Wikipedia

Leading me to believe that there is some sort of 'reverse' "Hasbara" going on with some of the sources that have been so often posted on this board.

As for how many synagogues, again not what I'm asking in this thread, but perhaps I'll look into it.

No, Hasbara has edited Wiki. There were were about 200,000 Muslims (plus 70,000 Christians) in just the Ottoman Kudus Special District in 1893 and that consisted of Jerusalem and about 1/2 to 2/3s of Mandatory Palestine. The 400,000 plus Muslim population in 1900 in all of Mandatory Palestine is accurate. We have the Ottoman Census data for 1893 to confirm the fact. There were only 8,000 Jews, recent arrivals, so there could not have been many synagogues in the area.

upload_2017-3-4_16-29-43.png

Kemal H.karpat, Ottoman Population, 1830-1914

No, Hasbara has edited Wiki.

Hahaha! How can that be so when the population figures of between 432,00-535,000 CAME from Wiki? You flip flop more than a fish out of water sometimes.

There were were about 200,000 Muslims (plus 70,000 Christians) in just the Ottoman Kudus Special District in 1893 and that consisted of Jerusalem and about 1/2 to 2/3s of Mandatory Palestine. The 400,000 plus Muslim population in 1900 in all of Mandatory Palestine is accurate.

I wish you would post some better links that do not require subscription and/or a more direct link to your 'tables' because, though they look pretty official and informative, it is impossible for the rest of us to actually see. Who knows? Maybe you are making them up and that's why they are 'hidden'.

No, Hasbara has edited Wiki.

Hahaha! How can that be so when the population figures of between 432,00-535,000 CAME from Wiki? You flip flop more than a fish out of water sometimes.

There were were about 200,000 Muslims (plus 70,000 Christians) in just the Ottoman Kudus Special District in 1893 and that consisted of Jerusalem and about 1/2 to 2/3s of Mandatory Palestine. The 400,000 plus Muslim population in 1900 in all of Mandatory Palestine is accurate.

I wish you would post some better links that do not require subscription and/or a more direct link to your 'tables' because, though they look pretty official and informative, it is impossible for the rest of us to actually see. Who knows? Maybe you are making them up and that's why they are 'hidden'.

Wiki is edited daily by Hasbara when it comes to the Israel Palestine conflict. It is unreliable.

You can download one document for free, that's what I did. If you want to know the facts instead of the propaganda you rely on, download the document.

Forum List

Back