How many gun owners are here?

Grumpyolman

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2018
San Diego
I own four guns, no AR-15s. Some old WWII rifles and my 12th birthday present, a single shot .22 rifle. Plus an older .38 special snubbie. I don't shoot them much anymore because California. (sucks).
I have to say, sadly, the snubbie is my most important gun now. Sad, as it's inaccurate and not modern, but it is a self defense weapon.
It would be possible to shoot an intruder with an Imperial Japanese battle rifle, I suppose, but not bloody likely.

I have no idea how many. :dunno:

I carry a 1970 Colt Cobra snubby for my EDC weapon along with a reload. I don't feel under-gunned at all.

Believe me, if you shot a intruder in the boiler room with a Type 38 (6.5mm) or Type 99 (7.7mm) Arisaka they would have a real rough time of it. ;)

In CA or the other occupied states a lot of folks make do with either a shotgun or a lever action in a revolver caliber like a Marlin, Henry, or Rossi in .357 or .44 mag for HD. I believe the standard mag capacity is 9-10 rounds.

I own four guns, no AR-15s. Some old WWII rifles and my 12th birthday present, a single shot .22 rifle. Plus an older .38 special snubbie. I don't shoot them much anymore because California. (sucks).
I have to say, sadly, the snubbie is my most important gun now. Sad, as it's inaccurate and not modern, but it is a self defense weapon.
It would be possible to shoot an intruder with an Imperial Japanese battle rifle, I suppose, but not bloody likely.

I own more than ten times as many as you do, to include legal machineguns.

I have several still. A bunch went with the business when I sold it this spring.

Nonsense.

Revolvers are perfectly accurate and far more reliable than pistols.

Sub-nose revolvers require practice to shoot accurately, as opposed to revolvers with longer barrels.

What’s sad is this sort of ignorance about firearms.
I always favored a Colt Snubby over a J-Frame S&W, even the K-Frame ones for that matter.

I can shoot a 70s era Cobra or Det. Special as well as a 4" S&W....Weird.

So you have weapons of war

I have no idea how many. :dunno:

I carry a 1970 Colt Cobra snubby for my EDC weapon along with a reload. I don't feel under-gunned at all.

Believe me, if you shot a intruder in the boiler room with a Type 38 (6.5mm) or Type 99 (7.7mm) Arisaka they would have a real rough time of it. ;)

In CA or the other occupied states a lot of folks make do with either a shotgun or a lever action in a revolver caliber like a Marlin, Henry, or Rossi in .357 or .44 mag for HD. I believe the standard mag capacity is 9-10 rounds.
I have zero idea how many I have.

The last 3 I bought were a Marlin 45-70, a Heritage .22 Rough Rider, and a Henry US Survival AR-7.

Forum List

Back