• 5-10

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 or more

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • None, I hate you allllll!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
And how would you define the term?

For the purposes of this discussion, also keep in mind that we are only addressing the non-internet variety of "friend" in the interests of not wildly inflating the numbers.

Personally, I'm a standoffish introvert who doesn't get out a whole lot, and has a rather low tolerance for human stupidity. As you can imagine, my numbers aren't terribly high for that exact reason. :lol:

I have, however, had a couple of close friends in the past. While I have lost touch with some of them, I still have a couple even today (Army buddies mostly). Through them, I do socialize with a few other "friends of friends," some of whom I have come to know well enough that we occasionally hang out absent the "middle party" as well.

I mostly tend to have "friendly acquaintances," apart from that. These are people that I might occasionally chit-chat with or toss a friendly wave at work, school, or wherever else. However, they never really get past my superficial public persona, so they are not really "friends."

Of course, the people I am objectively closest with in my life would probably be my family, and my mother and younger brother in particular. We irritate the crap out of one another on occasion, but we ultimately get along. lol

It equals out to about somewhere in the 5-10 range, all things considered. That's held pretty much constant in my social life so far.

So it can only be people offline that you hang out with in person? Not family and not a long term romantic relationship?

That depends on you. Personally, I don't mind counting my family, or a significant other.

The only criteria per the OP is that they be someone you know in person.

Otherwise, we might get people trying to count every person they've ever seen on Facebook as being a "friend." :lol:

I don't have any friends offline except my family and significant other.

Well, that's fine too. Different strokes, and all that. Lol

I've met friends online in person though. But they live in other states and those kind of friendships are mostly over the phone and computer.

And how would you define the term?

For the purposes of this discussion, also keep in mind that we are only addressing the non-internet variety of "friend" in the interests of not wildly inflating the numbers.

Personally, I'm a standoffish introvert who doesn't get out a whole lot, and has a rather low tolerance for human stupidity. As you can imagine, my numbers aren't terribly high for that exact reason. :lol:

I have, however, had a couple of close friends in the past. While I have lost touch with some of them, I still have a couple even today (Army buddies mostly). Through them, I do socialize with a few other "friends of friends," some of whom I have come to know well enough that we occasionally hang out absent the "middle party" as well.

I mostly tend to have "friendly acquaintances," apart from that. These are people that I might occasionally chit-chat with or toss a friendly wave at work, school, or wherever else. However, they never really get past my superficial public persona, so they are not really "friends."

Of course, the people I am objectively closest with in my life would probably be my family, and my mother and younger brother in particular. We irritate the crap out of one another on occasion, but we ultimately get along. lol

It equals out to about somewhere in the 5-10 range, all things considered. That's held pretty much constant in my social life so far.
1-5, if none died today.

Alcohol and car wrecks took most, with a sprinkling murdered by teen thugs.

Can you still hear the crowd and taste the hotdog? How fun to go to Ebbets field as a kid!
Sure can. I was a diehard Pirates fan but I rooted for the Dodgers too. Reese,Robinson,Furillo,The Duke and Campy were my favorites.
I thought you said you were in your 20's?
I was during the Swinging Sixties.
OH!!!!

You mentioned a song once, I said you must be older than dirt, and you said something about your age.

I must have misunderstood.

Can you still hear the crowd and taste the hotdog? How fun to go to Ebbets field as a kid!
Sure can. I was a diehard Pirates fan but I rooted for the Dodgers too. Reese,Robinson,Furillo,The Duke and Campy were my favorites.
OH!!!!

You mentioned a song once, I said you must be older than dirt, and you said something about your age.

I remember. I was joking. I thought you had read my profile.

OH!!!!

I remember. I was joking. I thought you had read my profile.

I never read profiles.

Well, rarely ever.

I am sure somebody will post that I read theirs if I say "never".

Forum List

Back