How is Newt in any way better than Obama?

Newt over Obama...
Why?
Newt - More experience.

Translation, he's been bribed more than Obama. Cause that's all that political experience amounts to, is how much you've been bribed.

Newt - More intelligence.

Yes, mirrors in space are just brilliant.:cuckoo:

Newt - Proven effective leadership.

So effective that his own party kicked his ass out of office.

Newt - Assrapes members of the media, every time they cross the line.

Which is hilarious to watch. He's without a doubt better than Obama on that one.

Newt...Contract with America

Newt...Welfare reform

Newt...Shut down the government after Clinton vetoed Republican spending cutting budget

Newt...Presided over the only balanced budgets in our lifetime while speaker.

Newt...paid down the national debt while speaker.

Newt...Has a 90 percent American Conservative Union voting record for 20 years.

Any other questions?

Last edited:
Amelia.. why don't you start by telling us why obama is better than Newt. I'm all ears.

Obama has more recent experience than Newt.

Obama is a good family man.

He has more self-control than Newt.

If unemployment numbers drop a little more then people will perceive the economy to be improving under his watch.

On specific issues, I couldn't say how he is better than Newt but I think about the lobbiest issue and the healthcare mandate issue - things we should have been able to nail Obama on - and Newt is vulnerable there.

Newt is the one who has to make the case that he's better than guy in office now. So what case can he make that Obama's people can't put up a clip to show that Newt lives in a glass house on that issue?

what dew ewe think obama's people are going to say about mitt? ewe think mittens is going to get a pass dew ewe?

Newt was instrumental in the Clinton years for a successful budget.

That ALONE trumps Obama............

THAT ALONE.

Yes it does. And, he proved he can work across party lines. he is in favor of developing American energy and American jobs. He believe in American ingenuity and American exceptionalism. Newt will support and be an ally of Israel, I love his stance on stopping extremist liberal judges from legislating our lives. He's 69 years old and he's that American I so admire. So he's had affairs.. so have liberals.. but because they mock "family values" they think that's just fine. screw liberalism.

Please tell me how Newt is better than Obama. Please give me details about any important area in which Obama doesn't trump/neutralize whatever advantage the GOP might have brought to the arena.

Militarily, economically, energy ideas, healthcare ideas, ethically, etc.

The only reason I can see to vote for Newt is Supreme Court justices. But I don't think that my vote for Newt will help.

I suspect that he'll have the same effect on the nation that Sharron Angle had on Nevada - heightening the enthusiasm of liberal voters to get out the vote and making the independents break left in a big way.

Please someone try to sell me on Newt. With specifics. Not with "Anybody but Obama". Newt is polarizing. The "Oh God, not Newt" vote could easily beat the "Anybody but Obama" vote. So please give me specifics about how Newt beats Obama in any category.

Thanks.

So you are asking us to tell you who is the lesser of two weevils?

Amelia.. why don't you start by telling us why obama is better than Newt. I'm all ears.

Obama has more recent experience than Newt.

Obama is a good family man.

He has more self-control than Newt.

If unemployment numbers drop a little more then people will perceive the economy to be improving under his watch.

On specific issues, I couldn't say how he is better than Newt but I think about the lobbiest issue and the healthcare mandate issue - things we should have been able to nail Obama on - and Newt is vulnerable there.

Newt is the one who has to make the case that he's better than guy in office now. So what case can he make that Obama's people can't put up a clip to show that Newt lives in a glass house on that issue?

what dew ewe think obama's people are going to say about mitt? ewe think mittens is going to get a pass dew ewe?

Of course I don't think Mitt will get a pass. But he has one major area of experience which clearly trumps Obama: he is a successful businessman during a time when we desperately need more successful businessmen.

Obama can try to neutralize Mitt on the healthcare mandate but it doesn't work because state mandates are way different from federal mandates - that's a fundamental constitutional case which needs to be made. Newt doesn't have any cover there or any constitutional case to make that I know of. He was for a federal mandate.

Mitt has lived a good clean life. People are going to feel pretty bad evicting Sasha and Malia from the White House and installing Newt and Callista in their place.

Sounds like a lot of people on the right are counting on Americans being shallow and falling for Newt's "stick it to the media" routine. Well, shallowness cuts both ways. The present first family is beautiful and Newt's family makes people cringe.

Last edited:
Newt over Obama...
Why?
Newt - More experience.
Newt - More intelligence.
Newt - Proven effective leadership.
Newt - Assrapes members of the media, every time they cross the line.

I'll give you the 'more experience'.... if, by experience, you mean 'experience in using his office for personal gain'.

The rest... meh. No.

Please tell me how Newt is better than Obama. Please give me details about any important area in which Obama doesn't trump/neutralize whatever advantage the GOP might have brought to the arena.

The only reason I can see to vote for Newt is Supreme Court justices. But I don't think that my vote for Newt will help.

I suspect that he'll have the same effect on the nation that Sharron Angle had on Nevada - heightening the enthusiasm of liberal voters to get out the vote and making the independents break left in a big way.

Please someone try to sell me on Newt. With specifics. Not with "Anybody but Obama". Newt is polarizing. The "Oh God, not Newt" vote could easily beat the "Anybody but Obama" vote. So please give me specifics about how Newt beats Obama in any category.

Thanks.

NEwt did not win in South Carolina because he is better than Obama, he won because he is not Romney, who is no different than Obama.

Thanks.

NEwt did not win in South Carolina because he is better than Obama, he won because he is not Romney, who is no different than Obama.

Actually I think he won because the left drug his ex wife to center stage, and tried to sabotage him at the last minute. I think it backfired on their sorry asses. It was a priceless moment in American politics.

Now, let's talk about Romney.

Romney’s Massachusetts electoral record hardly inspires confidence. He was elected in 2002 but couldn’t crack 50% of the popular vote. By the end of his first and only term, he had an anemic 34% approval rating and a 65% disapproval rating. Sound familiar? Survey USA ranked Romney’s popularity 48th out of the 50 governors.

As Governor, he passed a host of new tax and fee increases, hitting the corporate world hard and devastating job creation. Sound familiar? Romney squeezed out a net gain in payroll jobs of just 0.9%, compared with job growth of 5.3% for the nation as a whole. Sound familiar? Read more about Romney’s MA economic record here.

• Romney’s Massachusetts was ranked 3rd lowest in job creation among 50 state Governors

• Romney raised taxes and fees on MA businesses and residents by $750 million annually

• Romney refused to support the Bush tax cuts. Obama extended them.

• Romney is ObamaCare’s architect; believes RomneyCare should be “model for the nation”

• Romney lauded: “I’m moderate. My views are Progressive… regardless of party label”

• Romney’s conversion to pro-life is suspect; ongoing support of homosexual rights is not

• Romney’s environmental advisers now work in Obama’s White House for the EPA

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpEBieaA_P0"]Romney[/ame] supports Arne Duncan’s and Obama’s Education Secretary’s reforms

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QDxcrcpY98"]Romney [/ame]supported TARP bailouts

• Romney supported Obama’s stimulus bill

• Romney grew MA government employment 7.2%; overall spending increased 20.7%

• Romney led MA GOP into holding the fewest seats in the Legislature since the Civil War

Read the whole article here, I beg you

Forum List

Back