How is 'loosely tolerated' profanity defined?

Seems some posters can't post a single thing without spewing endless profanities. I'd assume 'loosely tolerated' means once in a while, but not multiple times every post? :)

You might want to spend more time in the CDZ, where Zone 1 Posting rules apply.

Mine, and others' solution is to simply spend less time on-site. And we know how much that appeals to sites making money on people sticking around, viewing ads, buying souveniers and such. ;)

Just because something's allowed, doesn't mean it has to be encouraged. And if you make specific words not-ok, but not variations in spelling, or mean-spirited or vile insults you're by lack-of-action encouraging such things. So while it's not explicitly against posted rules, it's breaking the spirit of such limits on expression. Consequently, that's what I see in most every thread. If not going to ever reign in such posts, every thread is a defacto 'badlands' category group. But it's your site, wanna loose members and quality contributors that's up to you. But small clique-dominated sites come and go all the time. Ones with heads-up staff and regulation endure. And my observation is based on ~30 years of being online.

Seems some posters can't post a single thing without spewing endless profanities. I'd assume 'loosely tolerated' means once in a while, but not multiple times every post? :)

Mine, and others' solution is to simply spend less time on-site. And we know how much that appeals to sites making money on people sticking around, viewing ads, buying souveniers and such. ;)

Just because something's allowed, doesn't mean it has to be encouraged. And if you make specific words not-ok, but not variations in spelling, or mean-spirited or vile insults you're by lack-of-action encouraging such things. So while it's not explicitly against posted rules, it's breaking the spirit of such limits on expression. Consequently, that's what I see in most every thread. If not going to ever reign in such posts, every thread is a defacto 'badlands' category group. But it's your site, wanna loose members and quality contributors that's up to you. But small clique-dominated sites come and go all the time. Ones with heads-up staff and regulation endure. And my observation is based on ~30 years of being online.

You aren't very observant, then. There are people on this site celebrating ten years of membership this year.

And your membership here is important because?

Start your own site , set your own rules then deal with the members bitching about you denying their right to free speech

Now run along and play outside. A little sunshine will help your disagreeable attitude.

Carry on

Quite frankly I don't give a flying fuck what you think. You don't like the language move your fucking faggot ass on.

OH by the way a lot of discussion boards have been shut down because of rules and bull shit you want.
The history channel I think is a prime example.

Last edited:
I will freely admit that, in everyday language and whenever I get pissed, I have a potty mouth as much as any drunken sailor alive.

It is just that, in a general discussion like this or any of the novels I've written and will write, I am judicious in my use of profanity.

I told my kid "if you have to be profane or vulgar, I have no problem. Just make it count and make people notice. If you use it all the time it loses its impact."

I can be quite creative with foul language but prefer not to do so.

Let me help you out here, Delta. Loosely tolerated is defined as vague, and necessarily so. You should just learn to pass over it if it offends you. this ain't a George Carlin comedy message board.

I hear ya man! There is no place for profanity in serious debates. Certainly we can communicate on a higher plain than that?

I don't know if you noticed, but I am personally trying to set a good example by keeping foul language out of my posts and always being courteous and respectful to other posters, even when profanely attacked with absolute malice from other posters.

We must lead by example and keep it clean, people. :eusa_angel:

I hear ya man! There is no place for profanity in serious debates. Certainly we can communicate on a higher plain than that?

I don't know if you noticed, but I am personally trying to set a good example by keeping foul language out of my posts and always being courteous and respectful to other posters, even when profanely attacked with absolute malice from other posters.

Well if you libs want clean debates stop fucking lying.

hear ya man! There is no place for profanity in serious debates. Certainly we can communicate on a higher plain than that?

Cause I mean, that's what Sam Kinison would do... :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::lol:

Well if you libs want clean debates stop fucking lying.

You have to remember that to a leftist, truth is defined as that which serves the party. Lies are anything which criticizes or detracts from the party. In the mind of Billo, he is very honest, because everything he says is calculated to serve the party, regardless of whether it is factual - which to a leftist is inconsequential.

I will freely admit that, in everyday language and whenever I get pissed, I have a potty mouth as much as any drunken sailor alive.

It is just that, in a general discussion like this or any of the novels I've written and will write, I am judicious in my use of profanity.

I told my kid "if you have to be profane or vulgar, I have no problem. Just make it count and make people notice. If you use it all the time it loses its impact."

I can be quite creative with foul language but prefer not to do so.

I once got myself severely punished in the army when I tried to be creative instead of using profanity.

I was sound asleep and an acting sergeant came by and kicked the bottom of my bunk to get me out of it. I wasn't even in his unit and was not supposed to be held to the same rules as they.

So, rather softly and as calmly as possible, it told him,
"I hope you take a long, slow trip to the realm of Hades, you illegitimate male offspring of a female canine."

When he took me before his commander, he told them he didn't understand a word I said but knew it was disrespectful. I was asked to repeat it and told the captain I couldn't remember what I said. The results hurt my wallet but it's something I'll never forget.

You have to remember that to a leftist, truth is defined as that which serves the party.

Uncensored here describes his own behavior. Lying for the glory of the Republican party is officially endorsed by party leader Rush Limbaugh, and most Republicans agree with his viewpoint.

How Rush Limbaugh Decides What Is True - Conor Friedersdorf - The Atlantic
---
"It's just every Republican who has entered the fray defending Christie has to put a caveat out there "if he's telling the truth." Now, if there were a fervent ideological foundation, if there was a substantive reason of believing in Governor Christie, then whether he lied wouldn't matter. They'd be out there defending him left and right just to make sure the Democrats don't get away with this." -- Rush Limbaugh
---

See? Straight from the horse's mouth. Rush says a loyal Republican should be defending the lies of any other loyal Republican. Hence they do.

Uncensored, do you condemn Rush for his endorsement of lying, or do you also embrace the standard conservative "The ends always justify the means for my side!" morality?

Bigreb and any other conservatives, feel free to jump in and declare whether you condemn Rush, or whether you agree with Rush's instructions to always lie for the party.

Last edited:

Mine, and others' solution is to simply spend less time on-site. And we know how much that appeals to sites making money on people sticking around, viewing ads, buying souveniers and such.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoJdb1TLLJQ]Bye - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back