How Is Ayn Rand Still A Thing?

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Brilliant! Take a good look at your role model, Libertarians and misguided conservatives. Pro-choice, anti-Reagan, anti-religion, anti-native Americans, pro-selfishness...you all picked a winner to emulate.
4i6Ckte.gif

Hard to believe there are still people who take Ayn Rand seriously

Personally, I find her creepy

Well there's a well reasoned, thoroughly researched and compellingly presented critique...

Almost, but not quite, up to the level of grade school playground taunt. Very impressive...for a nine year old boy perhaps.

Anyway, what exactly is it that you find creepy about the notion of personal responsibility and the promise to not accept charity that is forced from strangers?

Like many famous figures, Rand isn't a complete waste of time to read:

The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.
Ayn Rand

Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Ayn Rand

Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual).
Ayn Rand

others I didn't agree with so much and these from,
Ayn Rand Quotes- BrainyQuote

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

[Kung Fu Monkey -- Ephemera, blog post, March 19, 2009]”

This is the age of video game warriors and idiots who think that Ayn Rand is reeeely deeeep reeeding.

Grow up people.

"...One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world."

That sounds a lot like "Hope and Change"....Too funny:eusa_dance:

Last edited:
Personally, I find her creepy

Well there's a well reasoned, thoroughly researched and compellingly presented critique...

Almost, but not quite, up to the level of grade school playground taunt. Very impressive...for a nine year old boy perhaps.

Anyway, what exactly is it that you find creepy about the notion of personal responsibility and the promise to not accept charity that is forced from strangers?
Ahhh...the OP hurt your feelings.
4i6Ckte.gif

Grow up people.[/QUOTE]
“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

[Kung Fu Monkey -- Ephemera, blog post, March 19, 2009]”

This is the age of video game warriors and idiots who think that Ayn Rand is reeeely deeeep reeeding.

Grow up people.

"....One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world...."

That sounds a lot like "Hope and Change"....Too funny :eusa_dance:

Brilliant! Take a good look at your role model, Libertarians and misguided conservatives. Pro-choice, anti-Reagan, anti-religion, anti-native Americans, pro-selfishness...you all picked a winner to emulate.
4i6Ckte.gif

Why is she still a thing?
My guess us that in the left's never ending quest to distract Americans from the failure that is Barack Hussein Obama, you guys keep bringing her up.

4i6Ckte.gif

Why is she still a thing?
My guess us that in the left's never ending quest to distract Americans from the failure that is Barack Hussein Obama, you guys keep bringing her up.

Paul Ryan seems pretty fond of her

Forum List

Back